Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

oh yeah, I'm really interested. what are you planning in terms of audio/video production equipment. if you have even just 60 bucks you can get a nice dynamic microphone that will make all the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Definitely post the stories, and also consider something like NPR's Story Corps that is building a huge base of human life stories to preserve and share:
https://www.npr.org/series/4516989/storycorps

I have an 88 year old neighbor served on the airstrips in England. The logistics of launching a major bombing offensive were insane. It would take over an hour just to get all the planes off the runway and into the air; so the planes that launched first would just circle for an hour while everyone slowly joined formation. Those planes went first into the anti-aircraft fire and then circled back to England because they'd be almost out of fuel by the time they landed.

Internetjack fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 2, 2021

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Big Beef City posted:

You can google map his address that's listed at the end of the article.
It's very all-american.

I'm assuming the big-tittied blonde on the bomber was just the same.

I don’t think they lived in Lincoln very long. He returned to Brock,NE where he farmed for probably 60 years.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I think it would be absolutely amazing, OP, and I hope it works out. Even an incomplete record of things that went on would be valuable and fascinating.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

mds2 posted:

Thank you, Mystic Mongol

A post war little history on my Uncle Edd: He and my Aunt Ruth lived happily into their 90's, having lots of children, grandchildren and great- grandchildren. Edd was single orneriest person I ever met. He'd joke and tease with anyone. If he got you on the hook with a story he'd pull your leg to the moon and back. In all of my memories of them they were the most loving and caring people. Edd was "grandpa" to any child that ever met him. While he was small in stature he had more personality than could fill a room.

Three years ago he was memorialized at Strategic Air Command Museum outside of Omaha. His image and story is displayed next to a B-17 bomber (pretty loving sweet).

Here is his combat diary. The very end contains an article from the Omaha World Herald where he was interviewed after returning from the war.

Goddamn this was thrilling to read. 25 successful missions is bananas.