Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Trots are honorary anarchists

E. As are any white Maoists other than Brace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I can't blame her for giving up when Hou get attacked by democrats everyday. Eventually your nerves just give out

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/rechelon/status/1777838909952598059

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
You can't trick me into liking engineers, nice try

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

Weka posted:

You can't trick me into liking engineers, nice try

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
everybody in communications i.e. bullshitting being a democrat ftw

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

some people got into trains for the wrong reasons

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
lets check in on how our black flag siblings are doing
https://twitter.com/magpiekilljoy/status/1779328106236424430

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Zedhe Khoja posted:

host of Cool People Who Did Cool Stuff. author of The Sapling Cage, our September 24 from Feminist Press. in Feminazgūl. play Penumbra City. She/they.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

bedpan posted:

host of Cool People Who Did Cool Stuff. author of The Sapling Cage, our September 24 from Feminist Press. in Feminazgûl. play Penumbra City. She/they.

she's buddies with noted Bellingcat contributor and general friend of the American imperial war machine and police state Robert Evans, which should come as no surprise

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the wise man bowed his head and said

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

7 likes

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

how did you find that

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i like combing the replies to bad tweets to seek out even worse tweets

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

don’t post your own tweets

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

:negative:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the bitcoin of weed posted:

the wise man bowed his head and said

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Zedhe Khoja posted:

lol they're always ready to virtue signal

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

my bony fealty posted:

she's buddies with noted Bellingcat contributor and general friend of the American imperial war machine and police state Robert Evans, which should come as no surprise

also they made a Weimar Germany themed rpg which probably would be cool if made by a person who isn't obsessed with hating communists and relitigating kronstadt forever

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Zedhe Khoja posted:

also they made a Weimar Germany themed rpg which probably would be cool if made by a person who isn't obsessed with hating communists and relitigating kronstadt forever

Kronstadt? the one where the anarchist leader tried to join the White Army of royalists, capitalists, and fascists?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
wait, did that really happen? first I am hearing of this, wtf

in 1917 kronstadt sailors were one of the bolsheviks strongest sources of supporter

AFancyQuestionMark has issued a correction as of 10:34 on Apr 16, 2024

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

in 1917 kronstadt sailors were one of the bolsheviks strongest sources of supporter

I need to add Avrich's Kronstadt to the reading list because it sounds interesting, and an anarchist historian is saying these things?

quote:

The leader of the mutiny was a political adventurer named Stepan Petrichenko. He had been in the Red Army, but considered himself an anarcho-syndicalist. He was also a Ukrainian nationalist. Petrichenko apparently remained an anarcho-syndicalist at least on the surface for most of his life, but one year before the Kronstadt mutiny he had tried to join the White Army. Anarchist historian Avrich writes:

“Petrichenko returned to his native village in April 1920 and apparently remained until September or October… The authorities, he later told an American journalist, had arrested him more than once on suspicion of counterrevolutionary activity. He had even tried to join the Whites…” (Avrich, Kronstadt, p. 95)

Avrich also discovered a secret White Guard Memorandum On Organizing An Uprising In Kronstadt.

Already pretty quickly after the events in Kronstadt we had absolutely solid proof the leaders and organizers of the mutiny were White Guardists or were working with White Guardists. And now with the archival materials, we have absolutely mountains of further evidence. If anyone says otherwise, they are wilfully ignorant or lying.

Petrichenko later fled to Finland, supposedly worked for Red Army intelligence there, then later was let back into the USSR before getting sent to a labor camp for supposedly working for Finnish intelligence. Oops.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"Political adventurers" used to do dope poo poo like that. Now they're Jackson Hinkle.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
you really should've posted the dude's screed:

quote:

The idea that there are benevolent states which act as representations of the popular will is nothing more than an old feudal prejudice. States are tools for maintaining rulership over the people and they work together with other hierarchical power structures in society to do so

You can't create a state which is of the people, by the people, and for the people because in doing so, it would cease to be a state. The state is that body which alienates the people from control over the civil functions of society, predicated on authoritarianism and domination.

The modern state is nothing but a holdover of the old feudal order, its primary functions having gradually developed from lordly parliaments, supplemented as they were with marginal representation of the masses, failing just as they did to limit the excesses of the ruling class.

There is no person you can elect and then trust to act in your interests, proposing the bills you support, amending them as you would approve, and blocking laws that are harmful to you, because they are not you and they do not have your interests in mind. They are your rulers.

From time to time you may find your benevolent ruler, but they will always be a marginal actor in the face of all other systemic forces. Moreover, one day they will no longer sit in that seat of power and you will be back at square one, powerless. Why let this repeat?

Your interests lie in the creation of an alternative, horizontal power structure where you and everyone else in society can come together to make important and crucial decisions, to delegate responsibilities, to plan and implement the world you want to live within.

Anything short of this is despotism playing dress-up. Your rulers use different flags and different names and they play at different ideologies of progress and suppression. But their game is ultimately the same, to command you to the work you had no choice in.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So in the horizontal power structure everyone has the exact same opinion as me allt he time? Sweet.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"you and everyone else in society can come together to make important and crucial decisions, to delegate responsibilities, to plan and implement the world you want to live within": image of CHAZ community garden and those two kids they shot up
"despotism playing dress-up": image of chinese science-fiction-looking cities

choose

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

There is no person you can elect and then trust to act in your interests, proposing the bills you support, amending them as you would approve, and blocking laws that are harmful to you, because they are not you and they do not have your interests in mind.

Your interests lie in the creation of an alternative, horizontal power structure where you and everyone else in society can come together to make important and crucial decisions, to delegate responsibilities,

quote:

There is no person you can elect and then trust to act in your interests,

Your interests lie in the creation of an alternative, horizontal power structure where you ... delegate responsibilities,

quote:

There is no person you can ... trust to act in your interests,

an alternative, horizontal power structure where you ... delegate responsibilities,

quote:

act in your interests,

... delegate responsibilities,

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

yeah but that's different cuz uh

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

you really should've posted the dude's screed:

like all anarchists they've correctly identified that the historical state exists to enact the will of the ruling class in spite of (and upon) the working class. also like all anarchists they've conflated this state with "any structure that compels anyone to do anything" and the will of the working class with "what I, specifically, want to do at any given time"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Braggins
May 21, 2020

No, it's Braggins, not... dammit
https://twitter.com/uncle_authority/status/1780729163374076385

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

anarchists stop being reactionary towards actually existing leftism challenge

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

he could have googled how Soviet elections worked

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

my bony fealty posted:

anarchists stop being reactionary towards actually existing leftism challenge

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

that's exactly the problem; per the accounts of karl radek and, i must admit, leon trotsky, the "kronstadt sailors" who actually fomented the revolt were the replacements for the regular sailors, who were busy fighting for the red army