Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey what about, like a, oh I dunno, a charity car wash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

I use this image to drum up interest

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rent a billboard normally used by religious nuts in the middle podunk nowheresville

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Big Beef City posted:

Rent a billboard normally used by religious nuts in the middle podunk nowheresville

somewhere in missouri maybe

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

we need brand recognition, have we considered investing in Corn? Think of how many new users we'd get if everyone was buying SomethingAwful brand corn in every supermarket!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

We start a backyard wrestling federation to show how loving extreme we are about posting!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Have a bunch of goons post trip reports about destroying their nuts with Balldos

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

A free cumsock with every Forums registration. Pre-filled.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Billboards starting 3 or 4 counties out from all directions.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

BALLS DILDO posted:

newspaper voxpops, i spearheaded this movement in 2008:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Word of mouth. Give away plat for people that have something awful dot com tattooed on their tongues

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Hire a Mexican mariachi band to play outside the post office in Winchester, VA each Tuesday at noon and wait for it to go viral.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
We serve so much alphabet soup that the laws of chance practically guaranteed that someone's soup will tell them to visit the site.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Three words: Russian troll farm.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Bitterly point out how everything on the Internet actually totally has its roots in somethingawful.com

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Horderves hour and brunch once a week.

Then once a month we do a pancake breakfast to bring in the boomers.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

A Bakers Cousin posted:

This is loving amazing

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
My bro is a internet guru he said a blog is how you become the seo of a company so there you go we should make a blog

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I heard it mentioned in the drama thread that SA once had like, a majority of internet content either created here or created as a result of concepts percolated on here. It could have been spun into an amazingly success content network- but that ship has sailed.

Outside of finding good content creators on the site and signing them on to a mutual-promotion network I have no idea.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
The reason Lowtax turned into a bitter broken shell of a man is regret over failing to capitalize on having invented "Let's Play!"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Less talk, more rock!

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

feelix posted:

The reason Lowtax turned into a bitter broken shell of a man is regret over failing to capitalize on having invented "Let's Play!"

also Marble Hornets/Slenderman which may or may not have been profitable if spun out but at least copywriting "Slenderman"would have prevented at least one lovely movie from being made.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

:nws: maybe?

https://i.imgur.com/KiLwnUe.jpg

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
There is a lot of great content which needs to to be highlighted in CC, GBS, gently caress even FYAD. Collate it and put it on the loving front page and people will want to be a part of it.

boom problem solved.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Put "something awful" on the side of a freight ship and jam it across the Suez canal

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Release a comedy single about the forums

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Jailbrekr posted:

There is a lot of great content which needs to to be highlighted in CC, GBS, gently caress even FYAD. Collate it and put it on the loving front page and people will want to be a part of it.

boom problem solved.

please this is a serious topic, can you suggest something realistic here?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Put "something awful" on the side of a freight ship and jam it across the Suez canal

like this, this is genius. Great work team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Hands On a Goonbody contest!