Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle

A kind little mouse!
goodness gracious greatballs of fire is not infact about vd its about the song writers wife who has a thing for red heads. she loves a big red bush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle

A kind little mouse!
burning ring of fire is about the pacific rim ring of volcanos and johnny cash desperately wanted them to all go off at once killing most life on earth. the man in black was a very sick man.

snergle

A kind little mouse!
dinosaur by ke$ha is actually about dinosaurs not old men like it sounds like. dinosaurs are notorious for hitting on ke$ha.

snergle

A kind little mouse!
cross roads by bone thugs in harmony is about buying and trading souls with a cross roads demon

Prof. Crocodile

The song "Spaghetti Junction" by Outkast is a tribute to the memory of the late Chef Boyardee, who died of a cocaine overdose in August 2000. It was originally to be titled "Candle in the Wind 2000" but the notoriously uptight Elton John threatened to sue.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
weezer's "the greatest man that ever lived" was actually written about me

Macnult

Schism by TOOL recounts the inner monologue of a man who has a hard time solving puzzles

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Macnult posted:

Schism by TOOL recounts the inner monologue of a man who has a hard time solving puzzles

Areola Grande

Deftones' around the fur is :actually: a sonic tip of the hat to the ancient sumerians who invented the dog collar. A lot of ppl don't know this

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Macnult posted:

lol

nut

mambo number five is about sex, I think

google THIS

Macnult posted:

barnold

nut posted:

mambo number five is about sex, I think

its actually a thinly veiled death threat from lou bega himself. after all, what do you think he meant by "don't make me send in the trumpets"

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
The lyrics of Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) are actually a complex coded mathematical problem involving a partial differential equation and symbolic logic. It's intended as a subtle 'gently caress you' to the youth generation who think that graduating will free them from needing math.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Wake Up, Little Suzy was scandalous because it implied a girl fell asleep in the company of a boy and so that meant that OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE I ALMOST REVEALED SUCH SCANDALOUS BEHAVIOR HOW COULD I LET MYSELF

runs off into another thread probably while sobbing incoherently

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
hotel california was based on a true story, when the band stayed at a kitschy "america" themed hotel in eastern europe and the locals got all of the details wrong in the theming

canyoneer

all i want for christmas is you is a bit of poetic hyperbole, because she'd still be a little bit disappointed if you didn't get her anything and she already bought you something so it would be awkward

canyoneer

a fan once asked jrr tolkien why the eagles didn't just fly the ring to mt doom. the author was so ashamed that he had never considered that, and begged him to please not tell anyone else about it.

years later after his death, the fan (steve miller), went on to write and record fly like an eagle in reference to that

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

canyoneer posted:

a fan once asked jrr tolkien why the eagles didn't just fly the ring to mt doom. the author was so ashamed that he had never considered that, and begged him to please not tell anyone else about it.

years later after his death, the fan (steve miller), went on to write and record fly like an eagle in reference to that

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

canyoneer posted:

Buttchocks

Bruce Springsteen's 'Secret Garden' is about buttsex.

Prof. Crocodile

Literally every song Prince ever wrote is about buttsex. Pretty sure this is common knowledge though.

alnilam

"I just wanna fly" is about a man who is gifted the power to fly, but it comes with a curse: his presence causes statues to collapse. Not knowing this at first he was reckless, and his lover was crushed by a statue. Her last words were "put your arms around me baby" and she died there in his arms, as he wept and cried "who knows how long I've loved you"

Now all he wants to do is fly, fly away

ty manifisto

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

"I just wanna fly" is about a man who is gifted the power to fly, but it comes with a curse: his presence causes statues to collapse. Not knowing this at first he was reckless, and his lover was crushed by a statue. Her last words were "put your arms around me baby" and she died there in his arms, as he wept and cried "who knows how long I've loved you"

Now all he wants to do is fly, fly away

:ohdear:

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
"Waterfalls" by TLC is actually a treasure map with all the clues as lyrics. Don't go chasing waterfalls; stick to the rivers and lakes that you're used to. That's a clue right there!

Jaguars!

It is believed that the secretest song lyrics are Ian Dury's Reasons to be Cheerful pt 3. Experts have been trying to decipher the metaphors therein for over 20 years now. The current scientific consensus is that the key that makes the lyrics make sense no longer exists and was created using a soviet one time use encoding pad that fell into Dury's hands some time in the late 1970s.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Gordon Lightfoot wrote "Sundown" about a guy that was sneaking into his house when he was at the studio recording who was cheating on him with his wife

Buttchocks

Each verse in Led Zeppelin's Carouselambra is a medieval recipe. The whole song contains a royal feast.

Zeluth

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssxSc2ABQn8

Waving my dick in the wind.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Areola Grande

a classic. But what's it rlly about :sushiyes:

FalconImpala

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"
Doin It Well by LL Cool J refers to how well he represents Queens. He really likes Queens

Dixville

I don't think!
Around the World by Daft Punk is actually about cheese. You can find cheese all around the world!

Harder Better Faster Stronger, that one's about making cheese. They are fans of parmigiano-reggiano.

One More Time is just celebrating getting some tasty cheese. Not as interesting as the others but hey, the love of cheese still shines through.

Get Lucky, well, I don't even need to explain how that one is about cheese. I will anyway though. Everyone is lucky when they are eating a good cheese. And who hasn't stayed up all night eating some cheese? Even the simpsons understood this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_DAX8vDPcI

nut

it was shaggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

nut posted:

it was shaggy

:monocle:

ty manifisto