Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Hello, football friends! This is my first foray into the football forums so I guess permaban me if I'm out of line... (please be gentle). I don't know if "where can I watch" threads are allowed.

Now that the Campeonato Brasileiro is over, I've been trying to find places to watch Cruizeiro games from the US. I believe the next event they're playing in is the Campeonato Mineiro but I can't find it streaming anywhere. I was watching the Brasileiro on Fanatiz and I saw that there were some 2019 clips from the Mineiro on "mycujoo" but nothing recent. Is a $$$ SlingTV Brazilian package my only hope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I'm not actually sure anyone has the broadcast rights to the regional Brazilian competitions in America. At this point I would just look for streams, though it might be worth it to invest in a dodgy IPTV service (please don't post about specifics here though, they are a legal gray area). Does Globo or any of the other Brazilian international channels carry it? I don't know if you still have cable but that might be an option.

The lads in the Central/South America thread might know more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3482695&pagenumber=84#lastpost

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Gigi Galli posted:

IPTV service (please don't post about specifics here though, they are a legal gray area)

IPTV or streams in general? I thought posting stream links was ok.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Poonior Toilett posted:

IPTV or streams in general? I thought posting stream links was ok.

Streams are fine, just don’t post specific iptv services.

This is more for them than any reason here - a lot of them discourage public links for a reason.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Globo carries it as far as I know but in order to get access to that, naturally I've got to get the super mega ultra huehue brasileiro pack from SlingTV. I can afford it, it just seems wasteful. Perhaps that's the price of entry. Que saudades do meu Cruziero. :smith:

Thanks for the replies folks!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Brasileiro always seemed like an intriguing league to me in that there’s a chance to see some gawky raw Brazilian with huge potential who didn’t own a pair of boots until he got some from the academy at age 12, do flicks and tricks in front of insane crowds before being snapped up by the Big 2 in Argentina or the usual clubs in Europe.

I’ve only seen highlights since as GD said, the TV rights are more difficult to come by than I would care enough to find or pay for.

What’s the general quality of the play there?

Also, it’s probably cliche but seeing a match in Maracanã is definitely on my bucket list.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

sticksy posted:

Brasileiro always seemed like an intriguing league to me in that there’s a chance to see some gawky raw Brazilian with huge potential who didn’t own a pair of boots until he got some from the academy at age 12, do flicks and tricks in front of insane crowds before being snapped up by the Big 2 in Argentina or the usual clubs in Europe.

I’ve only seen highlights since as GD said, the TV rights are more difficult to come by than I would care enough to find or pay for.

Also, it’s probably cliche but seeing a match in Maracanã is definitely on my bucket list.

I'm not sure I'm a good person to ask because I don't pay attention to soccer outside of what's going on in Minas Gerais really but from what I've seen of some of the bigger games, the quality of play is really solid. I've been really impressed by the skill of the players in many cases and they're usually giving it 100% (especially when long held rivalries are invovled).

RESIDENT ALIEN
May 22, 2001

Com o Santos onde e como ele estiver.

knuthgrush posted:

Hello, football friends! This is my first foray into the football forums so I guess permaban me if I'm out of line... (please be gentle). I don't know if "where can I watch" threads are allowed.

Now that the Campeonato Brasileiro is over, I've been trying to find places to watch Cruizeiro games from the US. I believe the next event they're playing in is the Campeonato Mineiro but I can't find it streaming anywhere. I was watching the Brasileiro on Fanatiz and I saw that there were some 2019 clips from the Mineiro on "mycujoo" but nothing recent. Is a $$$ SlingTV Brazilian package my only hope?

Before my Bother and I decided to split the bill and signup for Sling TV. I used to watch (Santos) games on "Facebook Watch" within groups of fans of the same team... (there are other ways but I can't discuss it here) however we decided to signup for the Sling TV service because, unlike years ago. it's a package of many channels. Before you would have to pay $14.99 for just one channel. now it's $30.00 :( but it's for many channels, plus I'm only paying half of that amount... You would get to watch any game available, not just the one they choose to show internationally. good luck

sticksy posted:

I can't remember the last time the "Big 2 in Argentina" acquired a young Brazilian talent... they tend to go straight overseas, not limited to just Europe.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Had not seen this before.
Campeonato mineiro is interrupted currently because of covid. Other than that, Globo has exclusive broadcast rights, so you'd only be able to watch it on globo internacional or pfc (globo's soccer channel) which generally require subscriptions on top of channel fees. You can stream it online, but generally of poor quality and full of popup ads.

sticksy posted:

Campeonato Brasileiro is full of young promises, has beens, and good latin american players not quite good enough for Europe.

It is losing what used to be it's main charm: parity. It used to be that in any given year 8-10 teams could win it all. Because of new TV deals starting about 4 years back, it has become more like Spain:

Flamengo and Palmeiras have won 3 of the last 4 brazilian championships and the last 2 libertadores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
colombia's BetPlay Dimayor Categoría Primera A Liga is a great alternative to real football. there are games morning noon and night, mostly on waterlogged pitches at high altitude where the ball stops dead whenever it's passed along the ground and the goalkeeping is atrocious