Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Looking for something wholesome, and more recent. It was within the last few years, and I'm pretty sure I saw it on imgur.

It was a viral video (or videos?) of a young kid who really likes a certain vegetable, I think it was broccoli. And he got to go to a broccoli farm and ride the tractor and take a bunch home. It is not Tariq, the kid who loves corn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Looking for something wholesome, and more recent. It was within the last few years, and I'm pretty sure I saw it on imgur.

It was a viral video (or videos?) of a young kid who really likes a certain vegetable, I think it was broccoli. And he got to go to a broccoli farm and ride the tractor and take a bunch home. It is not Tariq, the kid who loves corn.

https://youtu.be/hswdDZgcwHA?si=45tU2c34eCQtVt8z

Which is a followup to his parents playing a prank by trying to give him a surprise visit to the circus, only to learn he actually did want to go to the "boring" broccoli farm trip they used as a cover story.

So he got to do both and apparently had a good time. :kimchi:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Thank you!

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Posted this in the old SA stuff thread in PYF, probably would have better luck here though:

I've been trying to find a YTMND that my idiot teenage friends and I used to send each other endlessly. It's one of those Ted Stevens Series of Tubes song remixes but there are a million of those so I can't find the right one. It uses clips from infamous speeches of the 00s like Bush's use of "internets" and Howard Dean's scream. Anybody ideas?

zarbicore
Mar 13, 2004

Now I can see the whales
Can someone help me find the threads here where this guy called Mr Boone who claimed to be an alien?

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Here is one that has me stumped...

There was a flash animation, starring the late Steve Irwin (crocodile hunter). Only, it is a parody of him examining the most dangerous animal of all - the child. There's a scene where a bully is relocated from a playground into the wild (where it is swooped up by a vulture), a scene where a very large dog walker (walking a dead dog) has a knife fall into their back and not bat an eye, and Steve trying to wrestle a 'rabid' kid who is power-eating sugar...

Its not a Joe Cartoon comic, and its not Weeble-stuff like in animation. It *might* have been reposted on ebaums world. A search on newgrounds turned up empty... It would have been on the animator's original website, which had some other good stuff as well.

I only remember it now, as there was a comment that Steve himself saw the animation and thought it funny in good taste...

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

zarbicore posted:

Can someone help me find the threads here where this guy called Mr Boone who claimed to be an alien?

peabody624 posted:

Searching for more posts by "Mr. Boone". I found the original thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3119253) but I distinctly remember searching for it again on google a year or two after and finding a thread "Mr. Boone is back!" or something like that. Someone may have even linked to another thread by him there but if they did it was already archived and I did not have platinum at the time. Even with platinum now I am having trouble finding any other posts by him (profile post history does not work). Could anyone help me out here?

Found the Boone is Back! thread by pure chance (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3490435), curious if there were any more posts by him though.

zarbicore
Mar 13, 2004

Now I can see the whales

Legend! I swear there was more but this is good.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

When I try to add either Mr. Boone thread to my SA bookmarks, I get a message "Thread was not found on the live forums". This reeks of alien cloaking technology.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I’m looking for an old internet thread (I don’t know what forum) where a guy is describing getting weighed in water (??) with his sister, and his sister pulls her hair back and is loving every minute of it. He keeps saying that phrase and it sounds ridiculous.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

LargeHadron posted:

I’m looking for an old internet thread (I don’t know what forum) where a guy is describing getting weighed in water (??) with his sister, and his sister pulls her hair back and is loving every minute of it. He keeps saying that phrase and it sounds ridiculous.

Wow, I cannot believe my mom stooped so low

Edit: replaced with archive link

Grassy Knowles fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 17, 2023

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Yay thanks!!!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I've been trying to find two Obama parody short stories.

The first was about how the dictator Obama went to the white house and cured a man of rubella with a vaccine, to his horror. And it closed out with him speaking to other dictators.

The second was another short story of how Obama banned guns and humanity became immortal, and he turned into a tree that reached up to the moon, where the surviving true humans lived and had guns. Or something. poo poo was weird.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

lobster shirt posted:

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender. "You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as that."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have... a conversation."

pentyne posted:

12:05 PM eastern standard time, the Muslims have vanished. Check for yourself if you don't believe me. Where have they gone to?

There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January 20. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Barack Obama. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WASHINGTON DC, with red concentric circles. I'm uneasy, but what can we do? Terror is defeated and if Obama were a Muslim, he'd be just as gone as them. There's no cause for alarm.

Within months, Barack Obama has declared a war on vague unease. It's a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Muslims had left, but I don't think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer's eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world.

Aeroplanes don't exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low to support their wings. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven't changed, but the atmosphere..

One man says it was the rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Barack is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to bullets. Now he wanders through he countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op. He studies a leaf for twenty days. Only a fool would call this Heaven.

Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It's a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Obama strides across the landscape, taller than the Freedom Tower. We've given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and guns no longer fire.

I'm starting to wish the Muslims were back.

We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they're mosques. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. "Look at how they wield their guns," writes a man. "I always said he'd take our guns away." They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife!

It's long been clear that Obama brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can't bring myself to blame him for it. He's reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Obama does not carry us, we can climb...

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Thank you so much.

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

Dr.D-O posted:

I've posted in one of these threads before and never found what I'm looking for. Previously people have suggested Concrete TV, but that is most definitely not what I'm looking for.

I used to be a member of Cinemageddon, a torrent-tracking website that traffics in weird video content. When I say weird I mean usually old VHS tapes that you can't easily buy, basically the sort of stuff you'd see nowadays on RedLetterMedia's YouTube channel.

Anyways, there was a torrent on that website for a web show that entirely consisted of video montages from old VHS tapes or older movies. Each episode was around 30-minutes long and had a theme (e.g., Christmas, aliens, horror) and the montages would cut together so that similar moments across different pieces of media (e.g., kids meeting Santa Claus) would happen next to one another.

All I can remember to help identify this series is that one of the production cards (I think at the end) had a skeleton or a skull done up to look sort of like an Andy Warhol painting.

I had the entire series downloaded on an old hard drive and would put it on during parties since it provided thematic background noise. However, that hard drive has since died and I have since lost access to Cinemageddon.

If anyone has any idea what this series is called OR if you have a Cinemageddon invitation so that I can search for it myself (I'm a good seeder now, I swear! I have stats to prove it), I would be in your debt.

I realize I'm replying to a permabanned poster but you might be thinking of Everything is Terrible? I don't remember there being any skeletons though

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
I am trying to help someone find a website from prank callers: CongaLineBuffet.

(This is their YouTube channel for reference https://youtube.com/@congalinebuffet?si=H9Z0O4WYRt9ahB7A)

They used to have their own website where they uploaded all their prank calls, but I can't find it.

I'm looking for their website and specifically the prank call where they made poker jokes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Maha posted:

Does anyone remember a series of Flash movies that were popular on Newgrounds maybe 15-20 years ago that were like, a series of vignettes set to music with colorful characters doing stuff in an anime city? I think the protagonist had a striped scarf or hat, and the animator was a native Spanish speaker.

Would that be Nightmare City? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUY2de1MyJE

Or perhaps Gun Devil? https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/367077

Or Metropolis Circuit? https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/399107

Guigui posted:

Here is one that has me stumped...

There was a flash animation, starring the late Steve Irwin (crocodile hunter). Only, it is a parody of him examining the most dangerous animal of all - the child. There's a scene where a bully is relocated from a playground into the wild (where it is swooped up by a vulture), a scene where a very large dog walker (walking a dead dog) has a knife fall into their back and not bat an eye, and Steve trying to wrestle a 'rabid' kid who is power-eating sugar...

Its not a Joe Cartoon comic, and its not Weeble-stuff like in animation. It *might* have been reposted on ebaums world. A search on newgrounds turned up empty... It would have been on the animator's original website, which had some other good stuff as well.

I only remember it now, as there was a comment that Steve himself saw the animation and thought it funny in good taste...

I also vaaaaaaguely remember this but am stumped. I'll try and do some proper digging when I am able.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I just recalled an old freeware or shareware RPG from I think the Windows 98 era. It was first-person, like the Wizardry games, set in a forest, and you had a knight sidekick whose only line was singing this little tune that went "Dootch-dootch doo-doooo". He also sang a tragic version of it when you got him killed.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

charms posted:

you had a knight sidekick whose only line was singing this little tune that went "Dootch-dootch doo-doooo". He also sang a tragic version of it when you got him killed.
lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

looking for a comedy sketch video, it was on youtube in the early days.

i dont remember anything about it at all, except theres some kind of "getting ready" montage that uses the opening riff from Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Carthag Tuek posted:

looking for a comedy sketch video, it was on youtube in the early days.

i dont remember anything about it at all, except theres some kind of "getting ready" montage that uses the opening riff from Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8

Hi friend. Maybe this?

https://youtu.be/Q5QJ9i_o5vo?si=i_P8Z8zYI6R-rzXD

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Old Man Pants posted:

A super old game that involved solving math puzzles to move around some weird house

someone ask this jerk if I got his question right

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I have this band's limited discography on a dead harddrive

they vanished before streaming. this is the only song i can find of theirs

i love slowcore and wish i could get the rest of them songs back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfTndjmtA6A

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Old Man Pants posted:

A super old game that involved solving math puzzles to move around some weird house
did Milo and POTUS get this right?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yea thats it! lmao

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

kntfkr posted:

I have this band's limited discography on a dead harddrive

they vanished before streaming. this is the only song i can find of theirs

i love slowcore and wish i could get the rest of them songs back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfTndjmtA6A

Their latest album and some songs from earlier ones are free to download through their webpage: http://www.avoidancetheory.com/music.php

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Their latest album and some songs from earlier ones are free to download through their webpage: http://www.avoidancetheory.com/music.php

thanks dumb sex parrot!

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

Trying to find a video that's a compilation of black and white segments from infomercials where "stuff goes wrong" like tupperware boxes falling from a cupboard, eggs cracking wrong etc set to REM's - Bad day

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHYiuJbcaoY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

It is the same idea but that's not the one sadly! I'm 100% sure it was to the REM song and the editing was a lot more fast paced. Thanks tho!