Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The deli counter will give you free one-slice samples to try, so for a cheap lunch just bring some bread from home and ask them to put a sample of everything on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Slice of bread, from home? What kind of chump move is that. It's a grocery store my dude, just pick up some loose buns in the bakery. If it ain't got a barcode, it's free :crossarms:

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Brb pushing an old lady into the beer display

Now all of that beer is hers though.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you train your dog to carry a 6pack of beer, it can just carry it out of the store and there's nothing anyone can do about it! You can't arrest a dog, man

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you train your dog to carry a 6pack of beer, it can just carry it out of the store and there's nothing anyone can do about it! You can't arrest a dog, man
A cop just would be all like “Look at Spuds McKenzie over here! LOL!”.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

The perfect crime!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you haven’t trained your dog to fetch beer what do you even have a dog for

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my dog wakes me up in the morning by rolling a joint, chiefing it and then shotgunning it in my mouth

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I taught my cat to roll blunts but the store won't sell him wraps, even with a note!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Everything in a delivery truck is free until it crosses the threshold into the store. So get there early!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Pick up two packages of meat, such as a roast, that are both approximately the same weight. Look them over carefully to decide which is the best roast even though they're the same. On the drive home think to yourself, drat I should have gotten that other roast instead.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want to smell honey in my tea. This with non-flying beas.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I'm that guy, by the end I'm physically hauling around way too much poo poo in my arms or pushing it along the floor with my foot as I wait in line

Les Os posted:

I went grocery shopping last night. There was a guy in a wheelchair without a mask just kind of sitting by the bakery aisle talking to himself, becoming more and more distraught. Nobody’s paying him any mind. I’m grabbing potatoes a little bit away and hear a loud crash followed by “oh no!” Guys on the floor and yelling and somehow in the short time since I first saw him (45 seconds?) half his face is covered in blood. He’s not able or willing to get up, surrounded by grocery workers. All the customers are just kind of staring cause nobody knows what the gently caress but also shopping at the same time. EMTs come as I was leaving. It was some weird poo poo.

Whoever said earlier “get the pre-made sushi you deserve it” I did

At a Safeway around 3 or 3:30 AM I met a methed out homeless man who told me that he had been collecting bottles under a bridge and had been bitten by dozens of brown recluse spiders (one of the most dangerous spiders in the world or at least North America). He showed me his arms and it was true, they were absolutely covered in enormous swollen welts, probably about 30 of them spread around his arms and shoulders. For some reason, he thought my drunk rear end was a good source of knowledge about what he should do about them. I told him to go to the hospital before he died

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

immediately go to the freshpet aisle to see if they have dog food for your 13 year old great dane

they will not have it

leave the store and go to the next store on your list.

repeat until you get a week's worth of food for her majesty. current record? 19 stores!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

immediately go to the freshpet aisle to see if they have dog food for your 13 year old great dane

they will not have it

leave the store and go to the next store on your list.

repeat until you get a week's worth of food for her majesty. current record? 19 stores!

Do you mean like, this barfing food or whatever they call the raw meat stuff they now give to some dogs? Because while the quality is debatable I've never seen a store without dog food.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Here's a tip, put a hint of a sage in your boots then develop your larger photos at Walmart under an assumed name, retrieve them near closing time from the photo area when staff is minimal and there's no one in electronics, keep yr hood up and mask on, buy a soda and an orange or something at self check out, act like you scan your photo tube, but don't scan them. Saved me $60 last time I needed prints.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Son of Rodney posted:

Do you mean like, this barfing food or whatever they call the raw meat stuff they now give to some dogs? Because while the quality is debatable I've never seen a store without dog food.

It’s prepared dog food that is kept in a refrigerated case. That case exists in one of two states: completely empty or completely full.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

It’s prepared dog food that is kept in a refrigerated case. That case exists in one of two states: completely empty or completely full.

Interesting, never saw it around here. Good on you for taking care of your dog, good luck on your hunting :)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I order food like that from JustFood for Dogs. Weird name but good stuff, and when I order two 72 oz bags the shipping is totally free. Plus it comes with dry ice in the package which is really fun to play with

My dog's 19 so he needs the good stuff

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

When there's no great dane food, sometimes you have to settle for mediocre dane food. A meatball is a meatball

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
When you are at checkout and unload your items onto the conveyer belt thing do NOT put one of those divider bars behind your purchase. This allows the 75 year old person behind you to break into a loud rant yelling at the cashier and you about the break-down of manners, the lack of courtesy in the world these days, and how younger people are just out-right inconsiderate. It's hilarious.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Tired of having to do self-checkout? After you've gathered all the things you went to the store for, keep an eye on the little conveyor belts at the front of the store near the registers. If you can catch an employee near one and quickly place all your stuff near their register, they HAVE to scan all your stuff for you!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Shopping is thirsty work, so make sure you grab a crisp refreshing Moxie on the way out!

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

Want to make extra money while you do YOUR shopping? Get the instacart app and become an instacart shopper!! Then grab a helpless employee to help you find all the strange, unfamiliar items on your customer's shopping list. While you are at it do two or three instacart orders AND your own shopping! Forget which items belong to which order? Don't sweat it! It's the cashier's fault that they scanned the wrong items into the wrong order! Be sure to keep it a secret that it's instacart until it's time to pay!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Ask the customer service desk to break a 2 dollar bill. Lots of people have never seen one, so they'll get a kick out of it.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Always be farting

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOFXUx2jQ-Q&t=11s

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Throw a few batteries and some trash in the lobster tank so they feel more at home

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Request half a dozen live lobsters but don't take them to the checkout - merely release them in one of the isles. The staff will love you for your lighthearted jape and you will be able to go home knowing that you gave the lobsters a chance to fight back their cruel fate

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If you beseech K̸͖̂̿͗̕ǐ̴̪̳̯̭͒͛̅ṅ̵̖͗̕̕g̵̹̰̜̥͍͛ ̷͈̼̭̜̻̈́͌͊̅͜͝P̸̛̜̳͉̲͊͌a̴̍̿̏͊̚͜͠i̷̺̿͊̓̚̕m̷̪̘̤̣̹̉͜ò̴̼͍̊ͅǹ̵̹̦͔͊̇ with an appropriate offering such as a basin of fresh camel's milk or a fatted calf, he will grant you the knowledge of the location of all items in the grocery store, including hard-to-find goods like tahini paste and sun dried tomatoes.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Help I am a grocery cashier/bagger/stocker and this thread is giving me PTSD

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The Grimace posted:

Help I am a grocery cashier/bagger/stocker and this thread is giving me PTSD

Hello, do you carry organic vegan gefilte fish and if not, why the hell not, get me your regional manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Shop at a small independent place where they don't have self checkout because the chorus of machines saying stuff like "unexpected item in bagging area" and "do you wish to continue?" will probably give a new generation of young workers bizarre PTSD and a fear of text to speech devices.