Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I have my can of bat repellent by me so no.

Lol. I didn't realize the fireplace wasn't sealed, it sounded like it was from your initial description.

Can anyone give me advice on constructing a miniature (decorative) gas fireplace plumbed directly into my butt?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Weka posted:

Lol. I didn't realize the fireplace wasn't sealed, it sounded like it was from your initial description.

Can anyone give me advice on constructing a miniature (decorative) gas fireplace plumbed directly into my butt?

Stand on your hands with your feet against the wall and have a friend/spouse/housemate/family member insert a funnel into your butthole, then pour in gasoline or another flammable material. Remove the funnel then stick some wood in there too for good measure, leaving a channel for the match. Have your assistance light the match, drop it in, and you’re done.

I can come over and help if you like?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Weka posted:

How a seal got into yippeekiyaymf's fireplace, I don't know!

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Klyith posted:

How a seal got into yippeekiyaymf's fireplace, I don't know!

The pile of logs clearly suggest this is a wood burning fireplace

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A fully sealed, bat proof, room heating, rear end fireplace now I've seen everything

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
When we converted my house from oil to natural gas, we had the plumber also install a gas line into the fireplace because we were never going to keep up with a wood-burning fireplace. So now it's just a gas flame like the OP has. It definitely doesn't heat the house, but the living room gets pretty warm from it.

When we were buying the "insert" at the fireplace store they also sold one that will heat the entire first floor but it was like 3 thousand more dollars so we cheaped out and said no, let's just get the basic one. Apparently the expensive one has some sort of fan system and it will blow the heat out all over the house.

So anyway the point of my story is you can in fact have a gas fire place that heats your house. They exist but most people probably don't have them.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

When we were buying the "insert" at the fireplace store they also sold one that will heat the entire first floor but it was like 3 thousand more dollars so we cheaped out and said no, let's just get the basic one. Apparently the expensive one has some sort of fan system and it will blow the heat out all over the house.

So basically a bat propulsion upgrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Full Metal Jackass posted:

So basically a bat propulsion upgrade

Perhaps the rear end fireplaces could be installed on bats for this purpose.