Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyNoOnePayMe
Dec 20, 2010
Have you guys watched any of Tatro Machine videos? Here a random one for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32M2M6qpmgk

I have seen the shop in person and it is even more chaotic and stuffed full of parts and
bikes than it looks in the videos. He is a second generation Harley mechanic who specializes
in older bikes but works on newer Harleys sometime. He bought or inherited the shop
from his Dad and the place is a virtual treasure trove of old Harley stuff. The only
inventory of the place is kept in Tatro's head and he can usually find whatever he needs to
complete a customers bike.
The dude is truly old school and runs on the down low completely. The building has the
street address on the front and nothing more to identify it as a motorcycle shop. He often
allows customers to do some of the work on their own bikes which you just never see
but he hates editing video so a lot if it is filmed kind of guerilla style and uploaded as raw
25 minute chunks of Harley wrenching sessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I am enjoying these Tatro videos greatly.

Excellent link, thank you.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

A homemade workbench against the back wall with pegboard to hang tools behind it.
And one of those Harbor Freight tool carts. Black.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Retarded Pimp posted:

A homemade workbench against the back wall with pegboard to hang tools behind it.
And one of those Harbor Freight tool carts. Black.

> open tool cart

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Horse Clocks posted:

> open tool cart

The cart drawer contains a set of spanners, a crescent wrench and a single JIS screwdriver.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

SEKCobra posted:

The cart drawer contains a set of spanners, a crescent wrench and a single JIS screwdriver.

> take crescent wrench

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Steakandchips posted:

> take crescent wrench

You pick up the crescent wrench, but the worm gear stays behind. You now have half a crescent wrench. More like a poker, really.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Every nut in the garage becomes rounded off. You do not know why

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

> examine screwdriver

On further examination it is not JIS.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Hah!

> examine set of spanners

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
They all have Cycle Asylum gang tags

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
> open trap door

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Gorson posted:

> examine screwdriver

Everything’s JIS if you’re brave enough.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Horse Clocks posted:

Everything’s JIS if you use an impact driver.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Gorson posted:

> examine screwdriver

Not JIS screwdriver hole in the wall and a rack of carbs never opening again on the floor.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Old copies of Iron Horse or Easy Riders magazine.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Get yourself one of these so you can lift your bikes m8

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No joke, I want one of these for my garage

https://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-capacity-telescoping-gantry-crane-62510.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Do it and report back.