Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Just in case he dies, he's taken out his two sets of balls to use as a way to incarnate again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Just in case he dies, he's taken out his two sets of balls to use as a way to incarnate again.

The Jojo's Bizarre Adventure/Jujutsu Kaisen crossover we need.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I honestly don't see the issue with the binding vows poo poo. As said a bit earlier, dude is basically just writing novel mathmatical proofs or intricate legal briefings on the fly in just such a way to get his maximally opitimal desired outcome. It's something you'd need not only an incredibly intimate and deep knowledge of jujutsu of, but also the sort of mind that can take seven black flashes to the face and still think of the entire structure on the fly. If it was simple and trivial to do he wouldn't be the peak of jujutsu. I'd say we could've used examples of loving up binding vows by overambitious people, but again as mentioned previously that's literally Miwa. No one in the modern day side can really risk throwing away their ability to fight right now on something that could just be a wet fart that sukuna shrugs off effortlessly. Sukuna is adding all these extra vows and conditions to his, and it's not like he's explained to anyone else the process by which he does this so it's unreasonable to expect the entire sorcery world to have intuited all of this and minmaxed it already, imo

fakee. hell, im not even sure that it's clear to anyone besides us and the narrator that the binding vow cheese is half the reason he can keep going and do all of this whacky poo poo, to the outside a bunch of it might just look like Sukuna just being That Strong

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
According to Gege in the Databook. Furnace is the strongest single attack we have seen.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I honestly don't see the issue with the binding vows poo poo. As said a bit earlier, dude is basically just writing novel mathmatical proofs or intricate legal briefings on the fly in just such a way to get his maximally opitimal desired outcome. It's something you'd need not only an incredibly intimate and deep knowledge of jujutsu of, but also the sort of mind that can take seven black flashes to the face and still think of the entire structure on the fly. If it was simple and trivial to do he wouldn't be the peak of jujutsu. I'd say we could've used examples of loving up binding vows by overambitious people, but again as mentioned previously that's literally Miwa. No one in the modern day side can really risk throwing away their ability to fight right now on something that could just be a wet fart that sukuna shrugs off effortlessly. Sukuna is adding all these extra vows and conditions to his, and it's not like he's explained to anyone else the process by which he does this so it's unreasonable to expect the entire sorcery world to have intuited all of this and minmaxed it already, imo

fakee. hell, im not even sure that it's clear to anyone besides us and the narrator that the binding vow cheese is half the reason he can keep going and do all of this whacky poo poo, to the outside a bunch of it might just look like Sukuna just being That Strong

The issue is that binding vows come across as more overtly Calvinball and things like “I do handsigns and incant forevermore if I get to do it instantly this one time” doesn’t come across as complex mathematical proofs or whatever, it just comes across as getting to mad lib whatever on the fly. Which then begs the question of why everyone isn’t making arbitrary bargains with themself all the time when the alternative is death.

Don’t get me wrong these last couple pages habe been rad but the binding vows part of all this have been the weakest part by far.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I dunno, I understand that view but to me it's been sufficiently woven into the narrative from the get-go that it doesn't bother me that much.

However, I agree that the inclusion of what happened with Gojo feels like a really weird waste of panel space, and that in general a lot of these reveals do feel like they get handled clumsily on the page itself even if the foreshadowing to back them up has definitely been present throughout the story

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

binding vows would be cool (narratively satisfying) if they were cool (visually impressive or otherwise spectacular). ultimately the same reason they are meaningless and opaque to the protagonists is the same reason they are uninteresting in the broader sweep of the manga: they don't look like anything, they're boring, and they're completely indistinguishable from "didn't see that coming, guess sukuna just has that dog in him"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Underappreciated moment: Yuji's foot getting cut off only for him to reattach it using blood manipulation.