Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m trying to run this infinite loop but I actually kinda find it difficult. It’s relies heavily on getting lanterns, ruins, and villages, and it’s hard to get what you want without putting bookeries down everywhere. Plus, you need to fill it all up with lanterns or villages, and that’s a sizable chunk of tiles.

I have comparable supply items to the person in this video now, but this seems very unreliable. Any better solutions?

Edit: actually, forget it. It’s tedious and there’s nothing else I want out of the game now.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

The thing that busted the game wide open for me was the river+thicket combo.

Attack speed just breaks the poo poo out of the game.

Attack speed is still good but got nerfed after they added the exhaust mechanic where if you attack too fast/dodge too much you get like a 50% penalty to both.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Re: items like ham, nails... Are they only effective during the current loop and I'm supposed to dismantle them later?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Spermando posted:

Re: items like ham, nails... Are they only effective during the current loop and I'm supposed to dismantle them later?

You equip them in the supply section of the town menu. They have no effect in the run in which you find them.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Got it. I feel like I hit a wall. I just built the supply depot and now I want to get the forest and river cards, but I need a resource I'm not getting anywhere (the little orb at the bottom).

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

You get the orb from enemies that split like slimes/bat swarms

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Vanpire villages is the best way to grind orbs, you need fights which have lots of enemies, battlefields next to big fights also work

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
This game is insanely good. I've been playing it non stop the past few days. Are there any compiled lists of tips, preferably spoiler free?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Just had a very frustrating thing happen in my 38-loop-basically-unstoppable Rogue run.

I tapped out last night at loop level 38 and put the Switch in sleep mode. At loop level 38, I was finishing 5-7 mob fights at full life and never using more than 1-2 potions through an entire run, never even getting CLOSE to dying, level 42+ gear on every slot, 75% evasion, slicing and dicing 2-3 of the enemies with the first attack. Just... just glorious. The song of Valhalla itself.

When I returned to Loop Hero I was on loop 36. OK, whatever? I guess it just didn't save? But all of a sudden I was getting the poo poo kicked out of me. I used both resurrections getting around loop 36 back to the camp. Even with 8000+ hp! Everything was suddenly hitting me for 4-500+ with regular hits and I just got unceremoniously crushed in every fight. Last night I went to sleep on loop 38 wondering if I could get to 99, today I had to bail out the exact same game, same character, same gear, on loop 36.

What? The heck?

I love this game btw, it's one of the most interesting things I've ever played. I played it through Black Zero-style looking up nothing and it was a treat figuring out how the cards worked together and how to build a good loop. It's just so good. I really, really hope we see an expansion or a sequel or something more out of this because holy cow is it ever addicting. It's got an almost Civ-like but in-no-way-like-it "one more turn" that's just perfect.

My tips after beating the game:
If you're struggling the least little bit, the answer is, unlock the forest, it's the alpha card of the game. You will get a great "dawning amazement" moment as you play your first forest necro game. Then you'll get the river and never look back.

I've played way more necro than anything else and when I play him what I want more than almost anything is at least 4 skeletons of at least loop level. If you've got at least that you should be able to keep moving forward most of the time. Summon quality is also an awesome stat. God-tier gear is anything that has +max skeleton, +skeleton level, and +summon quality. Anything I find with all three of those usually stays on from then on.

Putting on your anti-vampire and anti-ratwolf supplies back at camp can really make you an undead/ratwolf murderer. Piling up some skinning knives and silver pendants etc. makes vamped-out groves big piles of treasure. Also groves look cool and a huge part of your map is a spooky vampire forest. Put a couple of vamped-out villages in there early if you're tuff.

I like to make a "treasure corridor" of 2-3 ruins with villages in between them and at both ends roughly opposite my camp. Blood groves to guarantee kills on the scorch worms are imo mandatory, it's loving infuriating to fight 4 of them and have them all just run away. Travelling through this little area will net you a pile of magic items and a quest out of every village, as well as a bunch of healing. If you're doing REALLY badass, go ahead and vamp up one or more of the villages and turn them into Count's lands. You'll have to deal with bombarding scorch worms but if you're tearing it up then go get em champ.

When you get the watchtower built in your camp, putting vamped villages next to your camp really early can give you some early-game treasure/xp. These will turn into Count's lands on your 3rd trip thru the fire, so unless you oblivion them and replace them with something else for the majority of your run those two squares of fire support will be doing nothing. I want those camp spaces to have 5 spawns on them ASAP!

Speaking of oblivion, it's the best. Every even-numbered village you place will spawn a bandit camp. gently caress bandits. They have a 5% chance per-hit to just... steal one of your things. That's loving great when it's, say, your unearthly +18 skeleton level grimoire that is totally supporting your entire run. I rarely ever place a 2nd/4th/6th village without an oblivion in hand to immediately kill that loving bandit camp.

If you're playing Rogue/Warrior, A Village? is also high on the oblivion list, as they can really, really gently caress up a run with their auto-counter. As a necro, I love these loving guys, they are mostly free xp. You can get in a bad situation where their counters are not killing your skeletons and so you are ineffectually stabbing them and getting countered for huge amounts. But you can also get in an equally wonderful situation where you have that "+1 shield/2 skeletons summoned" where the decoys are killing one of your skeletons every swing and you get like 15-20 shield out of every A Village?

Skeletons in Act 3/4 will bombard adjacent tiles like scorch worms. Watch out for putting either of these things next to your camp as they will also bombard you when you fight the boss. Of course, you might just consider this challenge mode. :smugdog:

Don't forget your Fish Delights! This is what you make if you run the River next to the path. It spawns a fish person every other day called a Fish Delight! You don't want many of them because they get stronger the more Fish Delights are on the plate. But putting Fish Delights with groves, vampires, spiders... anything... adds a quick and easy extra mob or two to most tiles. You are of course sacrificing some path plots and some river plots to this, but it's sometimes worth it and sometimes it's just fun to fight those Fish Delights.

The Arsenal and the Ancestral Crypt are both pretty good. I favor the Crypt on Necro and Rogue and the Arsenal on the Warrior, but they're both good on everyone. The Crypt having that +1 full resurrection is pretty great.

I'm, uh... I'm going to go play Loop Hero.