Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Definitely don't worry about using stuff as you find it. You'll be drowning in stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

HopperUK posted:

Definitely don't worry about using stuff as you find it. You'll be drowning in stuff.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The main story is the game's tutorial.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I've had Siralim Ultimate for a while but never really gotten into it until a couple weeks ago. I had the previous Siralim games and tried them for a bit and always ended up bouncing off despite theoretically being really into the team building, but Ultimate seems to have really sanded down most of the rough edges and gotten rid of the annoying grinding in the name of good grinding.

I started out with a monk, which was the class that took me through the story and a good chunk of the initial postgame. I decided to branch out a bit instead of infinitely rerolling the goblet and got a toxicologist team up and running that worked even better and mostly ended battles before the first turn by exponentially increasing poison stacks, and just last night I got a necromancer team up to get past the King Andrik second refight. I generally like to play mostly physical based teams with spells used tactically to defuse specific situations/set off more physical attacks, so I'll probably try and bring a Hell Knight build online soon, but after that I wanna try expanding into one of the other archetypes.

It's wild how my best team (toxicologist) regularly procs 6-7 digits of damage on an enemy per turn, and yet I know all my teams could probably get much better with a little more tweaking. I also assume that with unlocking the Gate of the Gods that I'm close to finally having all the mechanics open to me but I just realized I still don't have access to whatever "Anointments" are...what a game.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I sometimes try to build a team around whatever the goblet of trials tells me to, and sometimes just reroll the goblet until it has hell knight on it

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I do that too. It’s a fun (but sometimes time consuming 😅) way to try new things and keep it fresh.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Dangit, I clicked the funny thread that keeps popping up.

Is Ultimate the go-to or should I go for the older ones?

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Get Ultimate. You're not missing anything by skipping the other games (you don't play this for the story), and Ultimate has more than enough playtime to keep you occupied indefinitely.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
The games are all similar enough that you're not really missing anything by just getting ultimate.

I liked 2/3 but the refinements made mean I'd not want to go back.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I hadn't played this much, and then I lost my save when I had to replace my Steam Deck SSD.

The first time, I played an Animator. Is that a suitable choice as a first playthrough, or is there a more noob-friendly choice?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I recall the most noob-friendly choice being Hell Knight with Evoker and Defiler being just a couple steps down.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Animator has a lot to think about in terms of positioning but it's not like it sucks or anything. If it sounds interesting then go for it.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I think my first choice was druid, which I think got removed from the starting class list(?) so any of the starting classes is probably fine if you like em.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Hell Knight's easiest for sure. Animist takes a bit of planning to take advantage of the positional slots, but it's pretty straightforward if you work backwards from what each trait does: for example, Molecular Betrayal gives the Animatus a bunch of stats based on your third creature's stats at the start of battle, so put something with a trait that gives it a bunch more stats passively into your third slot--like a Red Storm maybe. Playing around those synergies and the various huge bonuses your Animatus gets passively should go a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
I don't have a particular class recommendation and am not showing up for any reason, certainly not recommending a specific God Realm as a good early unlock or anything.

Why would I do such a thing? :v:

But in all seriousness I'm really hoping to get back into Ultimate myself soon, last time I was playing I messed around for a week on a fresh account but then I got heavily derailed by a bunch of unrelated incidents. I should hop back on my original character (who started as Animator fwiw) and get back into the groove before the end of the year.