Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

It's a good thing the forums are full of megathreada with their own subcomminutieis and mods and culture. It's super cool and not at all wierd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The other half of domcummunities

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

it's more hosed up that there are grown rear end adults out there that could grow up, get a job, a bank account, turn 18, turn 21, be old enough to drink buy a forums account and post with people who registered an account here before they were even born

Divinorum
Nov 18, 2002
Man, torrenting here was the best, until Lowtax got sick of it. Found a lot of cool poo poo that way. Honestly though, after all these years, I have no idea why I have been too drat lazy to get an avatar.

Divinorum fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 12, 2021

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I think I remember your name from Awful Fantasy.

I started reading here when I was 14 and now I'm 34. gently caress.

Xali
Feb 6, 2006

All is well.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Ironslave posted:

Remember that time when GBS was mostly filled with strangely-informative articles relevant to the time like it was some kind of newsletter, Lowtax thought it wasn't funny enough and rescinded guidelines for it, and then it immediately descended into people posting so many slurs that he eventually had to make a announcement post about how he guessed he'd finally start considering it something worth probating people over?

You mean Lowtax is a dipshit? What a shocker!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

low key sex master posted:

I'm over 17 years now but I took like a six/seven year hiatus when the mods were horrifically enforcing good grammar and sensical posting which is an anathema to the community

I remember people got probated for not using periods at the end of their sentences, which what?

Man the early 2010 mods suuuuuuuucccckkkkedddd (eat poo poo Eggplant Wizard)

TBF the rules on not posting like a leetspeeking ESL dyslexic 12 year old were what got me to :tenbux: for an account.

The other internet places I'd hung out in started to have a lot of gibberish posters, who I really think were foreign kids that learned english from netspeak. Requiring people to post in comprehensible sentences was as important to the minimum barrier of entry as the money.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
but did u get head?

CrayZHorse
Apr 3, 2002
Glue!
I feel ya. Even miss the old days when the forums lived "UNDER A BLANKET OF FEAR!"

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Why u throw chip?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
ding ding.,

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

fuckingtest posted:

I didn't pay for the account though. :cool:

same. also lol at all the early aught regs posting in this thread that never post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Schlong Connery posted:

same. also lol at all the early aught regs posting in this thread that never post

We took the old rule about "only posting if it was a worthwhile contribution to the thread" to heart I guess.