Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pohl posted:

ok, time to redo the poll!

you should have saved the pictures the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Taking a risk that this isn't a ramen-posting honey pot, here's an example of Beryl's international instant noodle videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifLKnE2WgPE&t=456s

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

emfive posted:

Has anybody tried making a loaf of bread with ramen packets instead of salt in the dough?

Two packets would be about 2% of a 500g (flour weight) dough

it will take me a moment but I can actually give you a real answer to this

drat, I got rid of my copy of "formulas and processes for bakers"

bedpan has issued a correction as of 00:46 on Mar 31, 2021

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

bedpan posted:

it will take me a moment but I can actually give you a real answer to this

drat, I got rid of my copy of "formulas and processes for bakers"

pro bakers usually go by % recipes, and usually it's water - salt - yeast (if dry yeast) or sponge - water - salt. The flour percentage is left out because it's always 100%. So, for 500g of flour, a 65% hydration loaf would be 325g of water and (2%) 10g salt and (0.7%) 3.5g yeast (I always add a little more).

e: after some reflection I'm not sure that ramen-packet bread would taste like much, probably like regular bread that's haunted or something

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

emfive posted:

pro bakers usually go by % recipes, and usually it's water - salt - yeast (if dry yeast) or sponge - water - salt. The flour percentage is left out because it's always 100%. So, for 500g of flour, a 65% hydration loaf would be 325g of water and (2%) 10g salt and (0.7%) 3.5g yeast (I always add a little more).

ahh baker's percentage. I haven't thought about that in a few years.

"Formulas and Processes for Bakers" is a book I had back in my industrial bread baking days. Really great stuff. Best book on baking and production technology I've ever picked up.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Foodchat is written into trump thread dna at this point, but that doesn't mean we need to see your cubicle wall with the ramen wrappers stapled to the wall. We're just not that invested in your trash wall, we only care about our trash potus

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
potus doesn't even like ramen

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

twoday