Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Ruffini posted:

Can't wait to see this sweet summer child energy turn into bloodlust for Edmund's head on a platter but continue to play the game like the rest of us.

Oh I meant the expansion. I had all sticky notes filled out from like 5 years ago, when I did indeed hate Edmund for making the game more tedious with each expansion.

Luckily, this one wasn't made by his team.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yup. stopped playing this after a week or two of the dlc release. didn't grab me at all, too many bad items, too many needless nerfs. and i will be preordering the next expansion as well.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Well I finally beat Mother, and defeated the Beast, first time was with Blue Baby, felt pretty good, def better final bosses than Hush/Delirium. Also got the Spirit Sword, games pretty fun now

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Pissed at this game again.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2567634705

Really impressed with this mod. It adds a new character complete with tainted version & associated item unlocks for his completion marks, plus 2 new challenges. Both characters are on the stronger side but not too busted, and all the new items I've seen so far don't feel out of place with the base game.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Did a big sigh when I noticed another DLC avalible for BoI and my completion percentage no longer being at 100 % Bought the DLC and snorted derisively + rolled my eyes into the back of my head during the entire download, but have to say that it is actually good. Got a handful of kills on the new bosses + maybe half the tainted unlocks, and new unlocks + tainted are cool.

J&E seems to absolutely suck rear end, though, but I've only used them once.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

There's 1 or 2 things that I think could have been done better but overall I think Repentance is the best thing to happen to BoI ever. They were pretty hands off with it for a few months after release too but the patch that came out last month was huge and actually changed a bunch of things for the better which seems rare for a BoI patch lol. If you're on console I don't think it's out yet but apparently it's been submitted and should be up soon

edit: playing at launch and being unspoiled and finding my first Tainted character and realizing the implications was, like, a SotN upside-down castle moment for me which I didn't think I'd ever get again in my life

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

did they fix the thing where the item pool is cluttered with a million items that give you everything but damage up so you have to fight the superbosses with flat 90% damage reduction with hyperspeed charging brimstone that does 1.5 damage per tick so it takes even longer to beat bosses than if i was playing an older version

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

did they fix the thing where the item pool is cluttered with a million items that give you everything but damage up so you have to fight the superbosses with flat 90% damage reduction with hyperspeed charging brimstone that does 1.5 damage per tick so it takes even longer to beat bosses than if i was playing an older version

They did actually add a few simple damage up items in the patch to smooth out the boss drop pool, yeah. There's a +1.5 dmg +1 luck one and I think a couple others.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Nice /me how bacl to playing the real ultimaye roguelike souls defeated dalton sanctuary now fewee on epic games dyire

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice /me how bacl to playing the real ultimaye roguelike souls defeated dalton sanctuary now fewee on epic games dyire

Dalton Sanctuary

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Absurdly lucky+powerful run with my first Repentenance try as The Lost, and ended up killing the new Mom :hellyeah: Only extra defense in the run was a Holy Card, which I spent and would have died without in the last fight, but the damage+tears upgrades, and having found the Mega Satan brimestone blaster acitvated item which I saved for phase 2 when she does the sucking-in attack, made the entire fight super fast. Idk how hyper armor or w/e works, but this def felt cooler than hammering away on Hush or Delerium for 5-15 minutes depending on build.

I still have about half the tained unlocks left, and only played as a couple of the tainted, but between tained Isaac's gimmick and The Lost's new activated starting item, I really like how it feels as if you get a bit more control over your build. There's always been a ton of neat stuff and syngeries, but also so much fail stuff and very little control in how to deal with it outside some of my favorite items; D6 and the void, or blank card+pethro. Trying to game the shops have always been really boring to me, so def liking the expansion a lot + especially the stuff so far that allows for a bit more player decision @ build.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dalton Sanctuary

Kojima's latest antagonist Defeated Dalton Sanctuary

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz5GBDsLqlM

Played a little of this and it's sick. Basically feels like a new expansion

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i cant be hearing those meat slapping noises ever again man

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

goferchan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz5GBDsLqlM

Played a little of this and it's sick. Basically feels like a new expansion

sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

i cant be hearing those meat slapping noises ever again man

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

they gave Isaac an M4

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

finally 500 more new enemies that take to long to kill and 150 new items to fill up the item pool with things that do something besides increase damage or tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

finally 500 more new enemies that take to long to kill and 150 new items to fill up the item pool with things that do something besides increase damage or tears.

Yeah I'm worried the mod might interfere with the thoughtfully crafted and perfectly balanced game design decisions of Ed Mcmillen