Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

this thread is relevant to YOSPOS i swear

Telehack's a... game? Kinda. It's a big emulator of mid 80s-early 90s ARPAnet. It has a stupidly high amount of systems to connect to, a chat relay, user-ran BBSes, all that poo poo.
It's pretty cool, and I don't think it counts as making a "video game general" thread, because, well, 99% of the "gameplay" is just regular unix commands.

There's a webclient, available here, or you can connect via telnet to telehack.com

There's much more content than you'd expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
isnt there a zachtronics thread you can throw this poo poo in

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Bored Online posted:

isnt there a zachtronics thread you can throw this poo poo in

that would make sense if this had anything to do with zachtronics

aol keyword party
Sep 27, 2005

you can find a pleasure of shooting prolific amounts of pictures,
yoooo

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
this sorta reminds me of that text adventure that has you dialing into a compuserve knockoff in vr.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
gently caress yeah found it http://if.judithpintar.com/Cosmo7Jan2018/play.html

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this sorta reminds me of that text adventure that has you dialing into a compuserve knockoff in vr.

never heard of that but it sounds pretty cool

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

also i should probably have noted telehack is multiplayer

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
not downloading an obvious trojan to let you hack me

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Silver Alicorn posted:

not downloading an obvious trojan to let you hack me

there's no download tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i just realized we have an entire crop of yosposters that never hung out on a yosbbs

is it time again?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hbag posted:

there's no download tho

exactly the kind of thing a ransomware pusher would say

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

i just realized we have an entire crop of yosposters that never hung out on a yosbbs

is it time again?

ive been on a few synchronet BBSes
a yosbbs sounds loving dope though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we ran synchronet for a few years, then i ran x/84 which was pretty cool and I actually managed to modify the messageboard to tie into yospos and allow one to read and post. that was probably the height of my python chops

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

we ran synchronet for a few years, then i ran x/84 which was pretty cool and I actually managed to modify the messageboard to tie into yospos and allow one to read and post. that was probably the height of my python chops

is it still going or nah

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i'd be into yosbbs if you would have me maybe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I don't have one running right now.

it was traditionally my "fall is here and i've got seasonal depression" goon project. i think i did it for like five years straight? then i got married and all my energy got drained by a psychic vampire. however i might be back, baby

the big thing is we gotta go into Legend Of The Red Dragon and modify all the mob names to goons. Jerry Cotton attacks you with his Spoiled Milk etc etc

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

tbh i want to eventually run a BBS but then there's the issue of getting a VPS and figuring out how to make ascii art that doesnt look like poo poo and blah blah blah

LORD sounds dope though, the one system i play it on rn is pretty dead

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
a dude i met from the BBS days of the 90s still does ansi art (he was part of ACiD at one point) and it's bonkers to me how people can visualize it and then draw it.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

anyone want to start a yos MUD gang?

this is a concept i will start now acting upon

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
luv 2 go mudding with the pals

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’ve got plenty of mud around here

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

only M** i play is sindome tbh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

a dude i met from the BBS days of the 90s still does ansi art (he was part of ACiD at one point) and it's bonkers to me how people can visualize it and then draw it.

pre:
   .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-. 
 .'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `.
(    .     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .-.     .    )
 `.   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   `._.'   .'
   )    )                                                                                                       (    (
 ,'   ,'                                            ultrawizardsword presents                                    `.   `.
 (    (                                      __     __  J O N N Y   2 9 0    __  __           __                   )    )
 `.   `.                  ___  ___ ___ _____/ /__  / /  ___  ___ ___   ___ _/ /_/ /____ _____/ /__               .'   .' 
   )    )                / _ \/_ // _ `/ __/  '_/ / _ \/ _ \(_-<(_-<  / _ `/ __/ __/ _ `/ __/  '_/              (    (
 ,'   ,'                 \___//__/\_,_/_/ /_/\_\ /_.__/\___/___/___/  \_,_/\__/\__/\_,_/\__/_/\_\                `.   `.
 (    (                               T H E   F I N A L   T R A N S F O R M A T I O N                              )    )
 `.   `.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-.'   .' 
   )    )                                                                     |:.     %|:.               |      (    (
 ,'   ,'                                                                      |:.     %|:.               |       `.   `.
(    (                                                                        |:.     %|:.               |         )    )
 `.   `.                                                                      |:.     %|:.               |       .'   .' 
   )    )                                                                     |:.     %|:.               |      (    (
 ,'   ,'                                                                      |:.     %|:.               |       `.   `.
(    (                                                                        |:.     %|:.               |         )    )
 `.   `.                                                                      |:.     %|:.               |       .'   .' 
   )    )                                                                    /:.     %/:.                "      (    (
 ,'   ,'                                                             .____.~~:.____.~~:.                  \      `.   `.
(    (           ~O                                                 /":.   %%/":.                           \      )    )
 `.   `.       /~()'-{---                                          /:. /:. %/:. /:.                          \   .'   .' 
   )    )       /~)                                                |:. |:. %|:. |:.                           | (    (
 ,'   ,'        ~ ~                                                |:. |:. %|:. |:.                          /   `.   `.
(    (=============================================================================================================)    )
 `.   `._--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.'   .' 
   )     `---,____ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(    (
 ,'            ___>==========----s.i.n.-neverending-med school /-t.e.e.d.-household goods(enei rmx)-white        `.   `.
(           ,-'        indigo-reaching the source-samurai horo | sabre+cern-pinch me-dispatch                      )    )
 `.      ,-'                  calibre-sick of it all-signature | mortem-converter-im:ltd                         .'   .' 
   )    /                                   data-vice-horizons | nitri-concentration-program                    (    (
 ,'   ,'                             villem-shimmer-med school | agnostetics-aquasonic-black seeds               `.   `.
(    (               distant future-eternal chance-future funk | fanu-for those who dream-lightless                )    )
 `.   `.                            s.p.y-bass terror-hospital | lsb-this city-spearhead                         .'   .' 
  )    )                          big bud-wobbegong-sound trax | zero t+beta 2-before the ball-footprints       (    (
 ,'   ,'               break-something new(xtrah rmx)-symmetry | borderline+subtension-reaction-samurai          `.   `.
(    (                              abiotic-alive iron-respect ^ enei-zeus-avantgarde                              )    )
 `.   `.                           koto-filmscape-alpha cutari | kasra+enei-so real-critical                     .'   .' 
  )    )                                felix k-forsaken-apexx | future signal-fortress-mindtech                (    (
 ,'   ,'                                 ivy lab-brat-critical | enei-trainchaser-critical                       `.   `.
(    (                           marvel cinema-train bombing-C | nymfo-doldrums-commercial suicide                 )    )
 `.   `.                   skeptical-static-commercial suicide | hibea-white owl-im:ltd                          .'   .' 
  )    )                           asc-no secrets-samurai horo | fsol-ill flower(machinedrum rmx)-pseudogeddon  (    (
 ,'   ,'                           es.tereo-junction 12-im:ltd | commix-untitled(sept 06)-metalheadz             `.   `.
(    (                       pessimist-hydraulics-buried audio | naibu-into the distance(break rmx)-horizons      _)    )
 `.   `.                               amit-human warfare-amar | jonny 290-the hrmery-unreleased         ____...-'    .' 
  )    )                      nu:logic-all the things-hospital-/ jonny 290-crumbling-unreleased----=====<______      (
 ,'   ,' /-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\___________`--.   `.
(    (   | shouts to:aerosault, yospos, f-town dnb heads, uws and pgh crew, denver (see u soon) FU's: Arkansas \   )    )
 `.   `. \-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/ .'   .' 
   )    )       _       _       _       _       _       _       _       _       _       _       _       _       (    (
 ,'   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   `.
(    '  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `-'  _  `    )
 `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .' `.   .'
   `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'     `-'
i still do .nfo releases for all my DJ sets

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
pre:
+---+______________________________________________________________________+---+
|UWS|______________________________________________________________________|290|
+---+    __                                   ________   ________ _______  +---+
 | |    |__|  ____    ____    ____   ___.__.  \_____  \ /   __   \\   _  \  | |
 | |    |  | /  _ \  /    \  /    \ <   |  |   /  ____/ \____    //  /_\  \ | |
 | |    |  |(  <_> )|   |  \|   |  \ \___  |  /       \    /    / \  \_/   \| |
 | |/\__|  | \____/ |___|  /|___|  / / ____|  \_______ \  /____/   \_____  /| |
 | |\______|             \/      \/  \/               \/                 \/ | |
 | |                   |_|_ _ _   ._  _  _ _| _   _  _ _|                   | |
 | |           and  |_|| | | (_|VV|/_(_|| (_|_\VV(_)| (_|  present          | |
 | |........................................................................| |
 | |'     '-._,-'     '-._,-'     '-._,-'     '-._,-'     '-._,-'     '-._,-| |
 | | _.-._       _.-._       _.-._       _.-._       _.-._       _._.---.   | |
 | |'  +-------------------------------+'     '-._,-'    |\---/|' / ) Ul|_,-| |
 | | _.| _  _|_ _ _    _  _  _  _ _  _ | _.-._-----------;     |-/ /|Wiz|---| |
 | |'  |(/_><| | (_|\/(_|(_|(_|| |/_(_||'   _/           )     (' / `---'   | |
 | | _.|                  _|           | _.-============(       ,'==========| |
 | |'  +-------------------------------+'    ||   _     |      |            | |
 | | _.-._       _.-._       _.-._       _.-.|| o/ )    |      | o          | |
 | |'     '-._,-'     '-._,-'     '-._,-'    || ( (    /       ;            | |
 | | _.-._       _.-._       _.-._       _.-.||  \ `._/       /             | |
 | |'     '-._,-'     '-._,-'     '-._,-'    ||   `._        /|             | |
 | | _.-._       _.-._       _.-._       _.-.||      |\    _/||             | |
 | |_________________________________________||_____.' )  |__||_____________| |
 | |________________________________________________\  |  |_________________| |
 | |Oak - Otaku (ASC remix) [space cadets]           \ \  `-.               | |
 | |Sub - Sensualism [subtle audio]                   `-`---'               | |
 | |Electrosoul System - Mini Motions [allsorts]                            | |
 | |Parallel - The Complications Between Us [subtle audio]                  | |
 | |Skeptical - These Words [ingredients]                                   | |
 | |Synth Sense - After Dark [web]                                          | |
 | |Notion - Because [phunkfiction] _._     _,-'""`-._                      | |
 | |Nick Burne - Prognosis [blackout]  (,-.`._,'(       |\`-/|              | |
 | |CJ Weaver - Submarine [black hoe]      `-.-' \ )-`( , o o)              | |
 | |ASC - Comsat [blknd]                         `-    \`_`"'-              | |
 | |Silent Dust - The Giant (Marcus Intalex remix) [none60]                 | |
 | |Bulb - Default Settings [silk]                                          | |
 | |Nuage - Missing You [med school]                                        | |
 | |Psychord - Distant Joy [extent]                   /\___/\               | |
 | |Makoto - Woe featuring Deezim [human elements]    )     (               | |
 | |Hybris - The Elusive 101 [blknd]                 =\     /=              | |
 | |Amit - Tokyo [commercial suicide]                  )   (                | |
 | |Fade and Abiotic - Cocaine Monster [proximity]    /     \               | |
 | |Dub Phizix - Inertia [ingredients]                )     (               | |
 | |Icicle - Step Forward [shogun audio]             /       \              | |
 | |Loxy and Resound - Vertigo [exit]                \       /              | |
 | |Hibea - Case [IM:ltd]                             \__ __/               | |
 | |Panic Girl - Blue Lights (D-Bridge Don't Panic remix)))[shadybrain]     | |
 | |Es.Tereo - Submarine [eternia]                      //                  | |
 | |DBR UK - Policies [broken audio]                   ((                   | |
 | |Spinline - Made Guy [dispatch]                      \)                  | |
 | |Commix - City Section [exit]                                            | |
 | |Kontext - Thaw (Dissident remix) [subtle audio]                         | |
 | |Logistics - Glow Worm [hospital]                                        | |
 | |Flame - Watcher [med school]                                            | |
 | |Marcus Intalex - Regrets [soul:r]                                       | |
 | |Dominic Ridgway - My Reflection [modern urban jazz]                     | |
+---+______________________________________________________________________+---+
|290|______________________________________________________________________|UWS|
+---+     http://ultrawizardsword.net | @jonny290 | jonny290@gmail.com     +---+

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

gonna eventually get around to writing a few TELEBASIC programs on telehack
probably a bbs n poo poo

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
a MUD would be cool, or even a MUCK :laugh: I’m gonna role play a shaggar

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its alot of fun

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Yosbbs was a fun experience the last time it was up, thanks for hosting :)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

would get owned by hbag's malware

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

Connected to TELEHACK port 69

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

did'nt react to hello sailor, xyzzy, or plugh. that's a 1/10.