Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

ForeverBWFC posted:

Ah fair enough I apologise

No probs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Grey Hunter posted:

Nah, that's not person dependant, it's for when I randomize the lens...

the lens for the first pass is...... Anchu!

I've never played before, so I'd kinda like someone else to go first so I can see how it works in practice.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'll be willing to take first Lenshood if nobody else wants to.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Go for it!
This is the first pass, so everyone adds a period or a event, then Junpei will declair their focus and add two periods/events/scenes. Then we will all add a periods/events/scene before coming back to Junpei to round off the pass. Then the lens will rotate round.

That is your lesson in sucking eggs for the day!

"Turn" Order

Junpei <--
Anchu
Sax Solo
The Cog
ForeverBWFC
berenzen
Grey Hunter

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 5, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait I thought I declared my Focus, added my nested period/event or event/scene, had everyone else add stuff related to my Focus, then I added one last nested pair before we handed off Lenshood to someone else to declare Focus to?

Uhhh... I'm making my Focus "New Gods", or "Creation of Gods" or "Birth of Gods", something to that effect.

Adding an Event within the Period "The Creation of the World" : The First Gods Of Mortal Origin

A human king and his wife defend their small kingdom from the might of the Prime God Srenka, a bird-titan representing the power of the sky. As the winds whip away and the lightning strikes, Keiric and Ulnara try to maintain order, protect the citizens, and stand firm. Their unrelenting courage and kindness towards their citizens attract the notice of the Court of Heaven, who decide that, perhaps, mortals are just as deserving of godhood as the rest. The two are rewarded with the status of the first Mortal Gods, as the Warrior-King and Warrior-Queen, as symbols as the just ruler and stalwart defender of the people, as well as an example of pure love and devotion to each other.

Adding a Scene within the Event: The Court Of Heaven Reveals Themselves

Time stops for Keiric and Ulnara as Turath, the Sun's Wisdom of the Court of Heaven brings them to the divine plane to explain to them what they have been rewarded with, and their responsibilities as the first Mortal Gods. Not all of the court are for the idea, however...

Scene Question: Who among the Court of Heaven secretly dislikes the idea of Mortal Gods?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Junpei posted:

Wait I thought I declared my Focus, added my nested period/event or event/scene, had everyone else add stuff related to my Focus, then I added one last nested pair before we handed off Lenshood to someone else to declare Focus to?

Uhhh... I'm making my Focus "New Gods", or "Creation of Gods" or "Birth of Gods", something to that effect.

Adding an Event within the Period "The Creation of the World" : The First Gods Of Mortal Origin

A human king and his wife defend their small kingdom from the might of the Prime God Srenka, a bird-titan representing the power of the sky. As the winds whip away and the lightning strikes, Keiric and Ulnara try to maintain order, protect the citizens, and stand firm. Their unrelenting courage and kindness towards their citizens attract the notice of the Court of Heaven, who decide that, perhaps, mortals are just as deserving of godhood as the rest. The two are rewarded with the status of the first Mortal Gods, as the Warrior-King and Warrior-Queen, as symbols as the just ruler and stalwart defender of the people, as well as an example of pure love and devotion to each other.

Adding a Scene within the Event: The Court Of Heaven Reveals Themselves

Time stops for Keiric and Ulnara as Turath, the Sun's Wisdom of the Court of Heaven brings them to the divine plane to explain to them what they have been rewarded with, and their responsibilities as the first Mortal Gods. Not all of the court are for the idea, however...

Scene Question: Who among the Court of Heaven secretly dislikes the idea of Mortal Gods?

Thats how it happens - after the first pass which is periods and events only - 1 per player.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay, then... just consider my Event to be my addition, ignore my Lens and Scene for now.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Junpei posted:

Okay, then... just consider my Event to be my addition, ignore my Lens and Scene for now.

Cool - is it light or dark?

Anchu! you're up!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 5, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Light.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

I'm adding an Event to "The Creation of the World" Period, before Junpei's event: Chernix Births Mortal Life

Srenka deals a deep wound to the Prime God Chernix, their spouse-foe, a massive serpent of fire and stone. As Chernix fled to hide and rest, their many bloods and ichors dripped upon the earth, bring many living things into being, though they were petty compared to the Prime Gods. Now Chernix dwells within the earth, their passage raising mountains, rousing volcanoes, and causing tremors.

I guess I'll count that as Light, overall.

Anshu fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 7, 2021

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

I think that Junpei's Event belongs in a period after the "Creation of the World" period.

For my own addition, I will add a period, "The Time of All Gods", that comes just after "The Creation of the World."

In this period Yon the first-awakened, who directed the assembly of the World, was banished to a planet in close orbit of the sun. In their absence, the other gods played, fought, and loved freely. Over time they stratified into the "Wild Gods" and the "Courtly Gods".

During this period, things were often difficult for mortals, even the ones who received help of more powerful beings, so it's a dark period.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Timeline updated!

TheCog - your up next!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Event in the The Time of All Gods

Uempa creates the Seven Scourges (Dark)

Uempa, no longer bound by the petty rules and agreements of the times before, lets her creativity run wild, molding living things into twisted, terrible monstrosities, into which she pours a tiny spark of her divine essence. She does not make them deliberately malicious, for her its a matter of the sublime joy of creation, but their twisted origin and massive forms bestows upon them a terrible hunger. As she creates each Scourge she grows bored and releases it into the wild, culminating with the creation of Kohai, the Blight Incarnate, a creation that finally leaves her satisfied.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

ForeverBWFC, your turn.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Grey Hunter posted:

ForeverBWFC, your turn.

I would like to add a period (just before The Great Powers Retreat and Mortals Take Charge):

The Wars Against Heaven

The mortals, tired of being used and tormented by these beings they called "gods", rise up in a series of revolts. Some of the gods support them, for various reasons, but the fight is fierce, and takes many forms. This is a dark period.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Event in the period The Wars Against Heaven

The Circle of Blades is founded (Light)

A group of mortals gather together and start organizing. Eventually, they end up founding the Circle of Blades, an elite organization dedicated to one task- to kill the gods and their minions that keep mortals oppressed. The organization recruits preeminent individuals from across the world to unite in their singular goal, generating the hope of freedom across the world.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I'm going to add a period

The Rise of Mortal Civilizations. - light

The mortals, long the prey of the gods begin to band together into larger and larger settlements, finding a self sufficency that they lacked before. They begin to drift towards secular forms of government, though the gods still rule their grander destinies.

This comes between "The Time of All Gods" and The Wars Against Heaven

With the firt pass complete, we're back around to Junpei, who can how se their focus and two periods/events/scenes!

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

The Wars Against Heaven should have an interesting interaction with the fact that some of the gods are (were?) mortal according to the event The First Gods Of Mortal Origin (which I want to point out, again, should not be in the "Creation of the World" period).

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Sax Solo posted:

The Wars Against Heaven should have an interesting interaction with the fact that some of the gods are (were?) mortal according to the event The First Gods Of Mortal Origin (which I want to point out, again, should not be in the "Creation of the World" period).

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I said that some of the gods helped people out. Figured I'd leave it open ended though so people could do events with bargains between god(s) of all kinds and the mortals.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay yeah to be honest I do kind of agree with that. Sorry to bend the rules, but I might move that event into The Time Of All Gods (before the Seven Scourges).

But, anyway, Lenshood. My focus shall be... Cooperation, or "Coming Together". Groups forming.

My addition shall be an Event with a Scene in it.

The Event will be in Time Of All Gods, at the very start.

The Courtly Gods Form

With the Wild Gods being more primal and animalistic (though not completely devoid of reason or intelligence like the Prime Gods were), the more civilized and rational Courtly Gods formally decide to pact together, to increase their power and keep each other in check.

And inside that, a Scene.

The Court Decides It's Leader

With the court formed, the first decision to be made will be a large one. Put to vote, the gods decide on a leader who will direct them and rule them. But who shall it be?

Question to be asked: Who becomes the Court of Heaven's leader?

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

So if I'm reading the rules right, Junpei has kicked off a Scene.

Junpei you can require or ban a couple characters (we're low on characters). You may need to set the scene a little more?

Then we need to go around the table in backwards order to pick characters, then again to reveal thoughts.

Backwards order is:
berenzen
ForeverBWFC
The Cog
SaxSolo
Anchu
Junpei
Grey Hunter

So Grey Hunter will be next.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Alright, all I can think of in terms of Bans are:

-Prime Gods
-Mortal Gods (because that happens later)
-Mortals

For my character, I decide on Turath, God of Light and Wisdom.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

For my character I will pick Nerrahv, Deity of Death and Transformation

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I shall play Mon'Toth - The deity of energy and mana.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

I will play Semai, Deity of Growth and Consumption.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I'll play Jormond, Deity of Chaos and Disorder

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Yes, I'll pick Gebeyesara the Bridge Builder, a god of building and construction, who did great works under Yon in the previous age. He did not help or hinder the overthrow of Yon. To many, he is tainted by association, representing "Yon's way" of doing things.