Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Daedalu Santeria
HP: 2/2
Weapon: TekkaWand
Artifacts: TrakSledge & HookPad: +2 Move, Drag others, ignore Mountain movement penalties

"Whoa-ho-ho!" Daedalu said to the other Hexen who had arrived. "Okay... crazy person: I wanna get close to the D.I.E. too, but let's just play this safe. According to the readouts the D.I.E. is entering its Aggression mode..."

As he was hitching Kay Luxford up to the LandMaster, Daedalu noted that the newcomer also had a TekkaWand and a PaddlePad, just like Patrick Needle.

"Ah, excellent," Daedalu affirmed, "this is already feeling like a mutually beneficial partnering! Let me just try something with our combined TekkaWand powers before we set off..."

Action: TekkWand Hack - Targeting System 2: Subsystems XY1, XY2, and XY3: 2#1d6 Ss4: 3 2#1d6 Ss4: 1 2#1d6 Ss5: 3
Movement: Move 1: 169A -> [W3] -> 167B
Event Chance: Mountain: 1d6 4 - no event!
Transit Map (Green to Red):

TrakSledge: #49 Patrick Needle may accept bonus movement to 168C before they take any movement actions!
TrakSledge: #17 Kay Luxford gets bonus movement to 153C after their movement actions!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!

Captain Daryll Drake
Wounds: 2/2
Artifacts: Paddlepad and Water Charm

Move to 139E/140C

Water Event (+Water Charm): 2#1d6 4 4

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Geriontius the Young
3/3
Weapon: Garistalest (Loaded tier 4)
Artifacts: Binding Talisman, Brikk Armour, Travel Rations (Loaded)

Move: Use road movement to go SW and SE, then go SE and SE to end in 138B

event chance (Forest): 2d6 4, 3

Final tile 138B

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

The Early Johann
Weapon: Garistalest
Artifacts: FarCaster + GeoMark:
Garistal: None

What ever they were doing it was working, but now the DIE was vibrating in furious rage as it literally blew the tops off of the remaining mountains a little too close to Johann for his comfort. Without any shots left to fire Johann decided a quick egress in the opposite direction was in order.

>Move: 3NE, 1E to 143C

Desert Event? 1d6 = 2

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 22, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Nerlin Duttle
Wounds: 0/2
Weapon: Tekkawand: Range (2)1 hex, 20d10 or Roll 1d6 and target subsystem and if roll matches subsystem decrease difficulty by 1. +1d6 for every adjacent tekkawand user
Loadout:
Farcaster- Double attack range
Hookpad- No move penalty on mountain tiles

Ahhhh, the mountains. How glorious and enervating. And full of so many bats! Maybe my bat friends will help me find something nice nearby?

Before putting on his hookpads and scaling The Pips, Nerlin responded to Shavescalp. "Bald is beautiful but a furry head keeps the mites away and aids in echolocation."

Double Move to 157C
Event: No
Mountain event: 1d6 2

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Patrick Needle
Move: 2 | Wounds: 0/3
Weapon: Tekkawand
Artifacts: Paddlepad, Binding Talisman, Tekka Node

Patrick hacked the DIE before agreeing to Daed's retreat. "Hello," he said to Kay. "My name's Patrick, nice to meet you."

Hacking subsystem 2: 3#1d6 2 1 3
Moving with Lux to 167E/168C.
Event?: 1d6 2

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

17 - Kay Luxford encounters a Water Event: 2 QUENCH THE FLAME HEX ADJACENT FIRE TILES BECOME WATER
55 - Lun Shavescalp encounters a Desert Event: 3 FOCUSED HEAT HEXEN MAY DEAL 10d20 DAMAGE TO ANY TILE IN ADJACENT HEX AS FREE ACTION, AND CONVERT TILE TO FIRE
56 - Daedalu Santeria interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [3,1], [5];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-2-4: 3d6 5, 2, 4[CONNECTION FAILURE!]
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-2-5: 2d6 5, 2[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “PRESSURE WAVE” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 1!]
49 - Patrick Needle interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [2, 1, 3];DIE-SUBSYSTEM-2-2: 2d6 4, 6[CONNECTION FAILURE!]

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

The Hexen fled as the DIE charged for yet another brutal attack. Could it be that they had grown fearful, asked the people of the world? No. No, the Hexen felt no fear. They had not the luxury of fear. No, the Hexen plotted, dismantling the vital systems of the thing from afar. Invisibly, insidiously, the Dire Inscrutable Engine was failing. Visibly, however...

DIE SUBSYSTEM ACTION posted:

[SYSTEM2-AGGRESSION]
<ʊռɨȶ օʋɛʀɦɛ-ɦɛ-ɦɛ-ɦɛ-ɦɛɛ-ɦɛɛ!>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 5
[list]3 HEAT PULSE [3] ADJACENT TILES AND 1d6+1d6 TILE LINE IN 1D6+1d6 DIRECTION SET ON FIRE
The DIE’s stony flesh turns cherry red before unleashing a torrent of coruscating lines of heat.

Fire, unimaginable fire! A torrent of flames surrounded the beast, then reached out to lash at the gates of fallen Confluxx. The DIE gloated, secure in its mastery of this world. And yet, it still crumbled, chunks of it falling to crisp in the flames. The DIE would fall.

DIE SYSTEM CHANGE posted:

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 5
[SYSTEM5-MOVEMENT]
<ʟɛȶ ʊֆ ʀʊռ աɨʟɖ ǟƈʀօֆֆ ȶɦɛֆɛ ʄɨɛʟɖֆ օʄ ɮʟǟƈӄ ɢʟǟֆֆ>

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Daedalu Santeria
Artifacts: TrakSledge & HookPad: +2 Move, Drag others, ignore Mountain movement penalties

Daedalu Santeria started laughing giddily as they approached the D.I.E. as a team.

"This is it, my fellows. Beware it's eradicating touch!" He spoke over the communication charm.

Movement: Move 1: 167B -> [E2, SE2] -> 183B
TekkWand Hack - Targeting System 5: Subsystem Roll1, Hack Roll2: 2#1d6 Ss5: 2 2#1d6 Ss6: 5 2#1d6 Ss4: 4
Event Chance: Forest: 1d6 6 - Yes Event!
Event Choice: Forest: 1d6 1 - 1 CHEAT DEATH FLEE TO ADJACENT TILE WITH 1 WOUND INSTEAD OF DYING IF KILLED ON CONTIGUOUS FOREST TILE
Transit Map (Green to Red):

TrakSledge: #49 Patrick Needle may accept bonus movement to 184C before they take any movement actions! It is advised they move to 183A!
TrakSledge: #17 Kay Luxford may accept bonus movement to 169C before they take any movement actions!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Geriontius the Young
3/3
Weapon: Garistalest (Loaded tier 4)
Artifacts: Binding Talisman, Brikk Armour, Travel Rations (Loaded)

"Hold up!"

Move: SW SW then SE to 153D

event chance (City): 1d6 1

Cadge a lift with Daedalu to 169D

Final tile 169D

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Early Johann

"And you may ask yourself, how did I get here?"

How did he get here? He sort of lost track of the time from the half-run, half-walk he was doing to get away from the dice and didn't keep track until he hit the different mountain ranges. Now, back to work, finding more Garistals to shoot with this weapon.

>Correction: Be at 143C because I put my final location last turn as where I already was.
>Move: 1NW to 142B
>Action: Salvage for Garistals in 128C 1d6-1 = 0 Nothing.

Mountain Event? 2d6 = 3, 5

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nerlin Duttle
Weapon: Tekkawand: Range (2)1 hex, 20d10 or Roll 1d6 and target subsystem and if roll matches subsystem decrease difficulty by 1. +1d6 for every adjacent tekkawand user
Loadout:

Finally. Nerlin was back in range of this massive muscular moving mutated mucusy monster. Now the beleaguered bats beside Nettle would bravely best the bastard before then by bouncing black magic off the B-batiment.

Move: 172A
Attack: Tekkawand v Side B: 20d10 129
Event: None Mountain event: 1d6 3

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lun Shavescalp ●●
Tekkawand 20d10 damage within 1 hex
Farcaster weapon has double range
Hookpad no movement penalty on mountains
Desert Charm additional roll for desert events

"Hey Johann, you really should- huh? Where'd he go?"

Move to 170E
Tekkawand Attack 98
Desert Event? No

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

DEFOE XXI

GARISTALEST
BREAKING RUNES; FARCASTER; TRAKSLEDGE

"You missed."

Getting close to the DIE now. Just in time, a flash cut across the sky, and an explosion rocked the engine, shattering it's armor and leaving it vulnerable. Excellent.

Move: to 187b
Action: Garistalest(Breaking Runes+) vs DIE-B: 3#1d200 52 31 151

151 Damage

desert event: 1d6 1 no

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Alex Smoothson
Weapon: DynaStar (1d800+1d10)
Artifacts: Toktok Waver + Traksledge

"Aww, would you look at all that fire. I don't have the Firewalker Boots yet!" Alex rubbed his hairless chin, "Better go see if any merchants in town have sidequests for them, I guess."

>no action
>Move 1NE 1NW to 139GF

Event Chance: City: 1d6 2 (no)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Patrick Needle
Move: 2 | Wounds: 0/3
Weapon: Tekkawand
Artifacts: Paddlepad, Binding Talisman, Tekka Node

And suddenly, the LandMaster was busy. While Daed drove, Patrick made small talk with the new Tekkawand user, Kay, and Geriontius, a Garistalest user ready to deal some direct damage to the DIE. For a moment, Patrick felt a pang of jealousy; they'd probably need about 25-30 more successful hacks to stop the beast, while direct damage was both simple and effective. Still, all the Hexen had their part to play, and so that night Patrick set about the familiar task of hacking the enemy.

Accepting Lux's movement, then moving to 168G/183A.
Hacking subsystem 2: 4#1d6 3 3 2 2
Event?: 1d6 2

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Kay Luxford
Start: 169C
Weapon: Tekka Wand
Gear: Paddlepad, Water Charm

Lux Animus posted:

"Whoa-ho-ho!" Daedalu said to the other Hexen who had arrived. "Okay... crazy person: I wanna get close to the D.I.E. too, but let's just play this safe. According to the readouts the D.I.E. is entering its Aggression mode..."

"How pragmatic! I approve. Although I'm not so sure there's such a thing as playing it safe when that thing's on the planet." They shrug.

Cloud Potato posted:

And suddenly, the LandMaster was busy. While Daed drove, Patrick made small talk with the new Tekkawand user, Kay, and Geriontius, a Garistalest user ready to deal some direct damage to the DIE. For a moment, Patrick felt a pang of jealousy; they'd probably need about 25-30 more successful hacks to stop the beast, while direct damage was both simple and effective. Still, all the Hexen had their part to play, and so that night Patrick set about the familiar task of hacking the enemy.

"Think of it like this, my friend," Kay said, throwing an arm around the man's shoulders. "Our dyna-wielding colleagues may have the glory today, but we are the ones who can score this thing so deeply that it will still bear the scars in a hundred, a thousand years! Plus, there's something to be said for not having to get right in its faces, eh?"

With that, Kay tossed their Tekkawand lazily from one hand to the other, and flipping the dials with one thumb, began their intrusion against the intruder.

Tekkawand hack (three users adjacent) - targeting system 5: 4d6 = 2, 6, 3, 1
No movement.
Water tile + Water Charm: 2d6 4, 4

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

56 - Daedalu Santeria interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [2],[5],[4];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-5: 2d6 2, 6][CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “AVALANCHE GALLOP” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 1!]
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-6: 3d6 2, 4, 2][CONNECTION FAILURE!]
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-4: 3d6 1, 5, 3][CONNECTION FAILURE!]
Daedalu encounters a Forest Event: 1 CHEAT DEATH FLEE TO ADJACENT TILE WITH 1 WOUND INSTEAD OF DYING IF KILLED ON CONTIGUOUS FOREST TILE
4 - Nerlin Duttle attacks DIE-B for 129 Damage! DIE Armor Break!
55 - Lun Shavescalp attacks DIE-A for 98 Damage!
61 - Defoe XXI attacks DIE-B for 151 Damage! Armor Break prevents Damage Break Rune pierces Armor Break! DIE-A and DIE-F take 76 Damage!
49 - Patrick Needle interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [3, 3, 2, 2];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-2: 2d6 4, 3][CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “RIDE MAN’S PATH” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 1!]
17 - Kay Luxford interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [2, 6, 3, 1];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-5: 2d6 2, 6][CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “AVALANCHE GALLOP” DISABLED!]

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

Grim faced, the Hexen advanced. Its systems failing left and right, the ophidian titan shook with palsy, eyes wild and unfocused. They kept their distance around its perimeter, darting in for pokes that blasted away the few remaining sections of armour. ”Counterattack coming… let’s hope it keeps trying to force-use disabled systems and kills itself right now, right? Ha, haaa….”

[SYSTEM5-MOVEMENT]
<ʀʊռռռռռ-ռռռռռռռ-ռ-ռ-ɨ ƈǟռ’ȶ ֆȶ->
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 5
    SUBSYSTEM 5 DISABLED! DIE TAKES 50 DAMAGE TO ALL ACTIVE SECTIONS!

DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 2
    2 RIDE MAN'S PATH [2] TELEPORT TO NEAREST ROAD AND MOVE 2D6 IN RANDOM DIRECTION
    The DIE folds in on itself, reappearing incongruously upon a road before progressing along it!
DIE-MOVEMENT: 2d6 7
[i]THE DIE MOVES TO HEX24! UNIT 55 CRUSHED INTO NOTHINGNESS! UNIT 56 CRUSHED INTO NOTHINGNESS! UNIT 53 CRUSHED INTO NOTHINGNESS! UNIT 49 CRUSHED INTO NOTHINGNESS! UNIT 17 CRUSHED INTO NOTHINGNESS! UNIT 51 CRUSHED INTO NOTHINGNESS! UNIT 13 CRUSHED INTO NOTHINGNESS!

Catastrophe.

There wasn’t anything else to say. Was there anyone left? Kill it, then begin the grim work of rebuilding. Again…

From what? The black glass desert stretched on forever, a cold wind lashing across it ceaselessly. Was there even anything left of the cities that once were?

Were there any Hexen left to challenge to beast?

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 5
[SYSTEM3-DEFENSE]
<ɖօ… ռօȶ - աɦɛʀɛ ǟʀɛ ʏօʊ? ɨ ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɛ->

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 24, 2021

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Portrait #45
Banshee Kismet
Start: 34F
Gear: TrakSledge, Farcaster, Breaking Runes

It was getting harder and harder to find Garistals in the DIE's wake, but the biker known as Banshee Kismet had finally managed to harvest one...just in time to hear of the great reaping of Hexen.

"Now or never!" she said, jumping on her bike and riding towards the DIE.

Recover Garistal from 34C.
Garistal utility roll: 1d6-1 2
Move 4SW 2SE to 95B.
Desert tile event: 1d6 3

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 24, 2021

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Portrait:
Bobson Dirgenut
Artifacts: Farcaster, Void Charm, & Voidstepper Agate

Bobson lifted the Voidstepper Agate and watched the magical chunk of power float into the black void.

"Why have they summoned me?" Bobson croaked, but no answer came.

He stepped inside.

Starting Location: 20C.
Action: Use Voidstepper Agate on 19D!
Movement: Move 1: 20C -> [W1, Warp to 113D, W1] -> 113C
Void Charm: Void Charm: 2d6 6 - nope!

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

DEFOE XXI

GARISTALEST

The earth rumbles. A cacaphony of dying screams echo through the link. "Peace at the bottom."

Move: to 171g
Action: Scavenge Garistal: 1d6-1 1

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Early Johann

"Well poo poo, that went poorly real quick" No time to mourn the suddenly deceased, there had to be a usable Garistal pattern he could print somewhere in this mess

>Move: 1W to 142A
>Action: Harvest Garistals, 1d6-1 = 4

Mountain event? 2#1d6 = 4, 6
GeoMark mountain event, 2#1d6 = 3, 4

Choosing 4- Forage The Heights.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Portrait #28
Olive Oneshot
Weapon: Dynastar
Artifacts: TrakSledge, Hookfoot, Farcaster

"It is a good day to die!"

Starting point: 166A
Moving to 123F/137B.
Attacking side F: 1d800 433
Event?: 1d6 5

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nerlin Duttle
Loadout:

Nerlin cried out for the loss of so many Hexen. He swore that if he survived this he would name a newly discovered bat species after each and every one of the fallen.

Move: 141E
Attack: None
Event: Yes
Mountain event: 1d6 6
Type of event: Event type: 1d6 5

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Portrait #47
Lazy McLateson
Weapon: DynaStar
Artifacts: Hookpad + Traksledge + Breaking Runes

"Why am I here only so late? Well, that's because my parents named me Lazy McLateson, and this is my revenge against the World."

"Neither of them was even named McLateson or McLate or anything..."

spawn in 151D
>Move 2NE 2E to 138D
>Move 1NE 1NW to 139GF

DynaStar with Breaking Runes against Facet E: 2d800k1 536 (that is 268 damage to Facets A and F)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

54 - Bobson Dugnut uses Void Agate on HEX19!
11 - The Early Johann encounters a Mountain Event: 4 FORAGE THE HEIGHTS HEAL SELF 1 WOUND
28 - Olive Oneshot attacks DIE-F for 433 Damage!
4 - Nerlin Duttle encounters a Mountain Event: 5 AVALANCHE DEAL 20d10 DAMAGE TO ADJACENT NON-MOUNTAIN TILE AS FREE ACTION
47 - Lazy McLateson attacks DIE-E for 536 Damage! Damage Split! DIE Armor Break! DIE Armor Break!

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

”That's it! That's it! Holy poo poo, you got it! Okay, it's going to do the thing, brace yourse-”

The Dire Inscrutable Engine is crippled!

It speaks a Final Word!
    7 WORD OF DEFIANCE THE DIE SURVIVES, THEN ROLLS ONE SUBSYSTEM FROM EACH SYSTEM
    The DIE shakes with rage, then its battered form blurs and stretches, vibrating with power.
[SYSTEM1-DETECTION]
<ƈǟռ ʏօʊ ֆɛɛ ʍɛ?>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 4
    4 SWAY [1] MOVE 1 IN 1D6 DIRECTION
    The DIE sways like a drunkard, moving aimlessly.
DIE-ANGLE: 1d6 3

[SYSTEM2-AGGRESSION]
<ƈǟռ ʏօʊ ɦɛǟʀ ʍɛ?>
    2 CONQUERING WAVE [3] 2D6+1D6 RANGE BEAM FOR 2 WOUNDS AT ANGLE 1D6+1d6 LEAVING FIRE IN CENTER TILES, CURVING OFF THE WALLS
    A great jaw hinges open, revealing a blinding light. It’s already too late for you.
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 2
DIE-RANGE: 3d6 4 DIE-RANGE: 3d6 14 DIE-ANGLE: 2d6 3, 2

[SYSTEM3-DEFENSE]
<ƈǟռ ʏօʊ ֆȶօք ʍɛ?>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 6
    6 CALL OF THE DIE [3] TARGETING ADJACENT HEX WITH MOST UNITS, DRAIN 1 WOUND FROM ALL IN HEX AS 1d100HP FOR RANDOM PART
    The DIE calls out with a low, forboding tone and the air grows thick and clammy. You feel yourself slipping away...
Unit 47 is drained for 1 Wound! DIE is at full HP!
[SYSTEM4-DRONE]
<ƈǟռ ʏօʊ քʀɛʋɛռȶ օʊʀ ƈօʍɨռɢ?>
    4 FIERCE BLOSSOM [3] - DEPLOY DRONE IN ADJACENT TILE IN DIRECTION 1d6+1d6 OR DETONATE DRONES, DEALING 2 WOUNDS TO AFFECTED HEXES AND LEAVING FIRE IN THEIR OCCUPIED TILES
    The DIE points at the sky with one massive limb, snapping fingers like mountain ranges. Its drones keen in pain, then explode with terrifying fury!
DIE-ANGLE: 2d6 1, 4
DIE deploys Drones to 110D and 140D!

[SYSTEM5-MOVEMENT]
<ƈǟ-ƈǟ-ƈǟռ-ƈǟռ-ƈǟռ ʏ-ʏ-ʏ-ʏ-[ƈǟʀʀɨɛʀ ʟօֆȶ]>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 1
    SYSTEM DISABLED! DIE takes 50 Damage and does not reroll!
[SYSTEM6-TERRAFORM]
<[---------]>
    4 TORRENT OF WINTER [2] TURN 2d6+1d6 LINE IN 1d6+1d6 DIRECTION INTO WATER, DEALING 1 WOUND TO UNITS AFFECTED WITHOUT PADDLEPAD AND RENDERING THEM IMMOBILE NEXT TURN
    The DIE roars, a great gout of frigid water ushering forth to flood the plains before it.
DIE-RANGE: 3d6 9 DIE-RANGE: 3d6 8 DIE-ANGLE: 2d6 5, 2
Unit 47 Takes 1 Wound and Perishes!
The world shuddered under a cacophony of noise and light for days. A great wall of fire split the sky, only to be swallowed up under a bountiful new sea. Strange weather assaulted the land, a new and near-opaque wall of steam blotting out the skies. The DIE stood, sloughing armour and internals like falling leaves, flanked by two of its foul kin. The survivors felt a weariness almost eclipsing fear. What more could it throw at them?

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

Grit your teeth, Hexen.

[ERROR: SYSTEM NOT FOUND]
<ɨ աǟʟӄɛɖ ʊքօռ ȶɦɛ ʍօօʀֆ օռɛ ռɨɢɦȶ
ɨ աɨȶռɛֆֆɛɖ ֆʊƈɦ ǟ ʄɛǟʀֆօʍɛ ֆɨɢɦȶ
ǟռɖ ǟֆ ʍʏ ɦǟռɖֆ ƈʟօֆɛɖ ʀօʊռɖ ʏօʊʀ ȶɦʀօǟȶ
ɨ ʄɛʟȶ ʏօʊʀ ֆօʊʟɖ ɢɨʋɛ աǟʏ ǟռɖ ʄʟօǟȶ>

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Banshee Kismet
Start: 95B
Weapon: Garistalest (loaded with tier 2 Garistal)

"gently caress off!" Banshee said, drawing her Garistalest and blasting the nearest drone. Hopping on her TrakBike, she headed for the desert.

Garistalest attack vs. Drone B: 1d100 55

Move 1SW 1W to 94E.
Desert tile icon: 2d6 1, 4

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 27, 2021

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Bobson Dirgenut
Artifacts: Farcaster, Void Charm, & Voidstepper Agate

"Unfortunate..."

Action: TekkaWand TekkaWand Attack: 20d10 101 damage!
Movement: Move 1: none -> 113C
Void Charm: Void Charm: 2d6 3 - nope!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Early Johann
Garistal: Tier 4 (Using)

"Stick and move boys stick and move! Stay out of its cardinal directions."

>Action: Tier 4 FarCaster Garistalest on D.I.E, 4d100 = 138
>Move: 2SE to 157A

They were reaching the home stretch at this point, Johann tries to slug home another big hit the thing's thrashing and random juddering turns a sure hit into a glancing shot that only sheers off some more extremities. And Johann couldn't afford to stick around and find more Garistals, he already had a far too close for comfort encounter with it's energy beam attack.

Forest Event? = 4

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Portrait #12
Idiot Boatboy
Weapon: DynaStar
Artifacts: Paddlepad + Traksledge + Farcaster

"An idiot, they called me!"

"Idiot, they would say, 'Who brings a boat to the fire temple on top of a mountain?'"

"WELL WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!?"

spawn in 166B
>Move 1E 3NE to 139C
>Farcaster DynaStar against D.I.E.: 1d800 121

Event Chance: Double Water: 2#1d6 3 3 (nah)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nerlin Duttle
Loadout:

Time to end this. Nerlin took up his battekkawand and repeated the phrase his parents told him before they were brutally murdered in an alleyway near the Livestralia Theatre.

I am darkness
I am the night
I am Man for Bats!

Move: 141C
Attack: Attack DIE: 20d10 130
Mountain event: 1d6 1

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

DEFOE XXI

GARISTALEST

The end comes.

Move: to 170c
Action: Scavenge Garistal: 1d6-1 1

Held Garistals: 1, 1

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Olive Oneshot

"Hmm. Gotta admit, didn't think this far ahead. I'm gonna go sit on the mountain and think about what to do next."

Moving to 137G/152A. Reloading Dynastar.
Event?: 2#1d6 2 6 Yes!
What kind of Mountain Event?: 1d6 4 "Forage the Heights!"

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

45 - Banshee Kismet attacks Drone-B for 55 Damage!
54 - Bobson Dirgenut attacks DIE for 101 Damage!
11 - The Early Johann attacks DIE for 138 Damage!
12 - Idiot Boatboy attacks DIE for 121 Damage!
4 - Nerlin Duttle attacks DIE for 130 Damage!
28 - Olive Oneshot encounters a Mountain Event: 4 FORAGE THE HEIGHTS HEAL SELF 1 WOUND

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

The Hexen closed in on the wounded beast, heedless of their own safety. Nothing mattered now but the kill.

[SYSTEM 4-DRONE]
<ֆʊɮʊռɨȶֆ-ֆȶǟռɖ ɮʏ>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 6
    6 CURSED STOLON [2] - DEPLOY DRONE OR DEAL 1 WOUND TO HEX LINES CONNECTING DIE AND DRONES
    The DIE and its drones extend limbs towards one another - and then the air sings with pain!
Unit 4 is shocked for 1 Wound!

DRONE ACTION posted:

DIE-ANGLES: 2d6 3, 4
Drone-B moves to 111C! Drone-C moves to 155A!

The strange dance of the DIE and it's in would almost be beautiful in a different place, a different time. One divorced from the pain and devastation caused by their vile ballet.

[ERROR: SYSTEM NOT FOUND]
<ֆʏֆȶɛʍ ʄʀǟɢʍɛռȶǟȶɨօռ ǟȶ ɖǟռɢɛʀօʊֆ ʟɛʋɛʟֆ. ɛռɢɨռɛ ƈօɦɛֆɨօռ ʟօա. ʟɛɢǟƈʏ քʀօȶօƈօʟ ʍǟʟʄ-ʄʊռ-ʄʊռ-ʄʊռ-ʄʊռռʏ. ɨ (աɛ) ʄɛɛʟ ʄʊռ-ʄʊռƈȶɨօռ.>

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Banshee Kismet
Start: 94E

"loving piece of crap!" Banshee yelled at her Garistalest. The pea shooter had at least put a dent in the drone, but now she'd have to find another pea. And she was hardly a princess.

Move 3E 1NE to 96B. Action to harvest a Garistal from the adjacent squashed tile.

Garistal utility roll: 1d6-1 0
Desert tile roll: 1d6 3

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Bobson Dirgenut
Artifacts: Farcaster & Void Charm

"Well... it knows what's coming."

Action: TekkaWand TekkaWand Attack: 20d10 105 damage!
Movement: Move 1: none -> 113C
Void Charm: Void Charm: 2d6 7 - nope!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Early Johann

Sleepy early morning fluffless post

>Move: 1E, 1NE to 143D

Desert Event? 2#1d6 = 2, 6
GeoMark Desert Event. 2#1d6 = 5, 5

Looks like I'm uncovering the last desert Event, 5- Encampment

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Olive Oneshot

"It goes against every lesson my family ever taught me, but... what if... I shot the DIE... again?"

Moving to 124D.
Firing Dynavoulge: 1d800 660 :yayclod:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nerlin Duttle
Wounds: 1/2
Loadout:

.Nerlin could tell this bastard was finally down as the others pummeled its leaking flesh. He could no more help here. But, he could help the local wildlife survive until the world was safe once more.

Nerlin dropped his tekkawand on the ground and left it there for good. Never more would he act in violence. Now, it was time to vaccinate the rare Septailed Diempire bats for rabies.

Move: 142B
Attack: None
Mountain Double: 2#1d6 1 3

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

54 - Bobson Dirgenut attacks DIE for 105 Damage!
11 - The Early Johann encounters a Desert Event: 5 ENCAMPMENT HEAL 1 WOUND, TILE BECOMES CITY
    Geomark resonates! Geomark becomes Geopoint for new Hexen!
28 - Olive Oneshot attacks DIE for 660 Damage!

The DIE shivers, a fine cloud of something like dust or pollen sifting off it to vanish in the air.

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

The Dire Inscrutable Engine shivered again, then its runes flared brightly, if fitfully. It had enough for one final, defiant move.

[SYSTEM 3-DEFENSE]
<ӄɛɛք ƈʟɛǟʀ//>
    4 OVERWHELMING LUNGE [2] PUSH 1 HEX IN DIRECTION OF HIGHEST DAMAGE ATTACK AND MOVE 1 IN THAT DIRECTION
    The DIE suddenly springs forward, driving you backwards with the fierceness of its advance.
Unit 25 is shoved to 123D! DIE charges to 124! Unit 25 is crushed into nothing! Unit 32 is crushed into nothing!

DRONE ACTION posted:

The Drones shiver and fall silent...
One final indignity against the Hexen, and then… The DIE, bleeding out all over the endless expanse of ash and bedrock, hissed in rage and launched itself towards its tormentors - and then something broke inside it, and it dropped to earth to shatter to smithereens. Even then, it tried to rise, reaching out for the dormant drones, but slid inexorably into the water. Insubstantial, flowing like oil, it broke apart and drained away. The DIE cannot be destroyed fully, only banished… but this was an odder incursion than most.

The Hexen leaned heavily on their weapons, watching it go, cursing it. Just look at the state of the world…

First, a rest.
Then, an accounting of what remained.
And then, they would rebuild.
And prepare - once again - for it to return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Early Johann
Artifacts: FarCaster + GeoPoint:

A lot was happening in the short space of time from when Johann entered the desert, and the fall of the D.I.E.

Johann had been expecting to move back a safe distance from the D.I.E. and maybe also uncover from Garistals to fire at it when he moved into the desert, but what he hadn't expected to find was an extended shantytown built by the evacuees from Confluxx. A lot of them it turned out had not trusted their chances when the D.I.E got closer and closer to their city, so they had packed what ever they could carry and left in a hurry in an attempt to cross the desert to the untouched north-eastern corner of the map. A decision that when the first Ride Path ran roughshod over most of Confluxx and flattened it into ash, turned out to be the best decision of their lives. They still had them for one thing.

It did leave a problem however.

They were trapped inside the desert, surrounded on all sides by the endless expanse of void-touched ash wastes with their one land bridge out obstructed by eldritch ever burning fire. And here he was in the midst of thousands of refugees who now couldn't go home anymore and, what could he do?

His admission into the Hexen corps was an accident for the most part, he had applied for the task without exactly knowing what it entailed fresh out of theoretical architecture college (Because when most buildings stand for maybe a century if people are very fortunate there were no old examples of architecture, you sort of have to make it up as you go along) and had been one of the first ones to do so, that's why they called him 'Early' Johann. Him and twelve others had been training non-stop in the wilderness with their strange and arcane weapons in preparation for this day and now it was all over, he was left standing there as the only one of the original company left through a lot of luck and a lot of careful positioning. (As far as he knew at least, there was technically one other survivor)

And the refugees of Confluxx were looking at him expectantly, a hero who had fought the D.I.E and lived, now in their midst when they needed aid the most and he was to his knowledge entirely cut off from any and all help from high command. The reward for toil really was a bigger shovel wasn't it?

His job as a Hexen was done, now it was time for his job as an Architect and City Planner.

"I'm gonna need a short list of anyone in this encampment who is good for masonry and manual labour, a full account of our current food supplies, and a big bloody piece of paper to draw on this is going to take a while."

This was the first chapter of the city of Trifecta, the lonely island state.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 2, 2021