Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Clockwerk posted:

maybe he means vitamin ketamine, and is right

yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Aegis Bear posted:

Except for some of us the loving dandelions are making depression worse because the allergies are causing Lockdown V.2. Seriously it's been loving insane this year

To answer your question OP, therapy and weed

HAVE YOU TRIoh sorry my capslock was on because i was so eager to suggest my suggestion to solve your debilitating real problem with some bullshit so anyway have you tried using a weed fork to pry out the main roots of some dandilions and then dry them out and make a tea of them, hair-of-the-dog style????

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
my dad died a few months ago and I think it's my fault. He died suddenly of an unexpected heart attack and I'm reading now covid has caused a massive increase in the number of out-of-hospital heart attacks, sometimes as the very first symptom. the only one who could have given him covid was me. i wore a mask but was out in public all the loving time.

I can't even have myself tested for antibodies to confirm/dispel the idea that I had it, because I went and got myself vaccinated.

also my favorite cousin growing up committed suicide last November and I didn't even find out until the day my dad died, because he was so upset by it he couldn't bear to tell me or my brother yet.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 11, 2021

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Sucrose posted:

my dad died a few months ago and I think it's my fault. He died suddenly of an unexpected heart attack and I'm reading now covid has caused a massive increase in the number of out-of-hospital heart attacks, sometimes as the very first symptom. the only one who could have given him covid was me. i wore a mask but was out in public all the loving time.

I can't even have myself tested for antibodies to confirm/dispel the idea that I had it, because I went and got myself vaccinated.

also my favorite cousin growing up committed suicide last November and I didn't even find out until the day my dad died, because he was so upset by it he couldn't bear to tell me or my brother yet.

drat, that's a lot of poo poo to go through :smith:

Regarding your dad, unless there's more to the story I don't think you should assume you passed covid to him which triggered a heart attack. That's a lot of dots you're connecting without anything concrete. Self-blame after a loss is common, whether justified or not. Not everything happens for reasons within our control. I hope you can let yourself off the hook.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Sucrose posted:

The heart attack stats are all skewed because EVERYONE is putting off Dr. visits and er visits and consultations etc
SERIOUSLY

You need to not do this to yourself. 1. It's very doubtful what you are saying at all. They are usually unexpected!
Heart attacks have always been the way most of us go.

2. You have had a couple major bad things happen. I really hope you get therapy. This self blame is WRONG

hugs and I'm not just saying that

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah seems pretty flimsy, man. People just have heart attacks. Like, all the time. Probably had nothing to do with you.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I dunno, man, this study I read said that out-of-hospital cardiac arrests increased by 100% in hard-hit cities: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(21)00095-X/fulltext They don't think it's just from people avoiding hospitals.

He died right near the heart of the pandemic too, in January. What sort of coincidence is that?

I think I'd have myself tested for antibodies, to at least see if I had had it, or confirm that I didn't have it. But it's no use now that I've gotten the vaccine.

I don't think I'm ever going to be alright.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Sucrose posted:

I dunno, man, this study I read said that out-of-hospital cardiac arrests increased by 100% in hard-hit cities: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(21)00095-X/fulltext They don't think it's just from people avoiding hospitals.

He died right near the heart of the pandemic too, in January. What sort of coincidence is that?

I think I'd have myself tested for antibodies, to at least see if I had had it, or confirm that I didn't have it. But it's no use now that I've gotten the vaccine.

I don't think I'm ever going to be alright.
I sent you a pm
Awfulizing is my specialty so I instantly recognize it in others. You are literally not thinking straight right now.
It's conceivable but highly unlikely. You weren't even sick! But in your head you killed him and your life is hosed and over. Grief and whatever else is going on is scrambling your thought process. You need to talk to a professional

Spinz fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 11, 2021

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Spinz posted:

I sent you a pm
Awfulizing is my specialty so I instantly recognize it in others. You are literally not thinking straight right now.
It's conceivable but highly unlikely. You weren't even sick! But in your head you killed him and your life is hosed and over. Grief and whatever else is going on is scrambling your thought process. You need to talk to a professional

it would have been better if I hadn't found his body. He was already very dead by the time I found him.

So, he had these two giant koi fish in his pond out back of my parents house. They've been in there for about 15 years. Anyway a few days ago one of them died. I don't know if it's because my dad always tended the pond and since he died nobody's been doing anything with it. There wasn't much to do though, just turn a water pump on and off, so I didn't think anything needed to be done with it, but maybe I was wrong. It's not my pond anyway, I just visit a lot. But since the one koi fish died the other one just spends all its time hanging around its body. It sits there for hours right next to the dead one. I feel sad but I don't know what to do about it. Buy another koi maybe? I think it would be too small.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Sucrose posted:

it would have been better if I hadn't found his body. He was already very dead by the time I found him.

So, he had these two giant koi fish in his pond out back of my parents house. They've been in there for about 15 years. Anyway a few days ago one of them died. I don't know if it's because my dad always tended the pond and since he died nobody's been doing anything with it. There wasn't much to do though, just turn a water pump on and off, so I didn't think anything needed to be done with it, but maybe I was wrong. It's not my pond anyway, I just visit a lot. But since the one koi fish died the other one just spends all its time hanging around its body. It sits there for hours right next to the dead one. I feel sad but I don't know what to do about it. Buy another koi maybe? I think it would be too small.

Pull out the dead one.

See a professional. :love:
:sympathy:

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Spinz posted:

Pull out the dead one.

See a professional. :love:
:sympathy:

Ok. When I visit my mom again I'll figure out how to pull it out. Think I should buy another koi? It makes me very sad that the living koi spends all its time floating near its dead buddy, it must be sad if fish can be sad.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Sucrose posted:

Ok. When I visit my mom again I'll figure out how to pull it out. Think I should buy another koi? It makes me very sad that the living koi spends all its time floating near its dead buddy, it must be sad if fish can be sad.

Ok. I actually know a bit about koi from drawing them so much lol

The problem is going to buy one, with the pandemic and all. After you vaxed yes get one, but there is always teeny risk in that, spreading infection from new fish. Talk to the place that sells it AND ideally post beforehand in the subforum for fish here on SA asking advice, I would. Goons are smart about stuff. Is there any other fish in the pond at all?

Edit duh spin

There is massive info on adding new koi to a pond right online I just looked

Spinz fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 11, 2021

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

OMFG FURRY posted:

i use a shitload of canola oil in almost all of my cooking so i think there might be a flaw in your theory

i just wanna say i love your av and have for yeeears

CHINDERWEAR!!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Spinz posted:

Ok. I actually know a bit about koi from drawing them so much lol

The problem is going to buy one, with the pandemic and all. After you vaxed yes get one, but there is always teeny risk in that, spreading infection from new fish. Talk to the place that sells it AND ideally post beforehand in the subforum for fish here on SA asking advice, I would. Goons are smart about stuff. Is there any other fish in the pond at all?

Edit duh spin

There is massive info on adding new koi to a pond right online I just looked

Yeah I know there's a fish thread in Pet Island, I'll take it there. The only other fish in the pond are some tiny bass. I feel terrible if the one koi died because there wasn't any fresh water being put in the pond; it was just a few days ago that my brother figured out how to turn the pump on. But it's a large enough pond that I wouldn't have thought it needed any extra water; bluegills lived in there fine for years before any pump was installed. I'm going to buy a kit to test the water quality.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Zil posted:

Until you either get addicted to it or it starts causing an opposite reaction in your body.

nishi koichi posted:

xanax is awesome until it breaks your spirit like all benzos do eventually yeah

yeah sigh.

I am very tired of everything. Everyone's suffering from COVID quarantine right now, but God, this past year has just been a poo poo show all over. Normalcy feels so far away. I hope estimations are correct and things will start to relax by July. We need some good goddamn news all around, for once.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The Butcher posted:

I declared myself groundskeeper of the local park. It turns out you can just... do that... and nobody questions it?

Just need a high vis vest.

Not enough city staff to take care of it, and nobody works past 5. Cops don't seem to exist around here.

So I just do that now in my off time. Needles and garbage go away. Fences and structures get fixed. Junkies are moved on. Fix the other stuff, plants, trees and playground stuff.

Weird as gently caress but it makes me happy and keeps things looking good and people safer.

In my city it's illegal to do unapproved park maintenance but the city has written off the park as a money sink. Are you bored and have a zipline?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Vanity of vanity. All is vanity.
The wind blows all around the globe and does not cease in blowing.
The rivers and creeks flow to the sea, but the sea is never full.
For all we see, and all we hear, we ask 'what is new under the sun?' and the answer is: nothing.

What has been is what will be: what has been done is what will be done again.

There is no remembrance of former things, nor will there be rememberance of things yet to come.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 11, 2021

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Robert de Niro's character from Brazil is what we need in this town but for parks

xox
Oct 27, 2020

by Athanatos

Big Beef City posted:

For all we see, and all we hear, we ask 'what is new under the sun?' and the answer is: nothing.

There is no remembrance of former things, nor will there be rememberance of things yet to come.
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hey man poo poo kind of sucks but keep on tuggin. Ms derps recently gave the whole household COVID and lemme tell ya, I am still having a hard time getting over that because it was preventable but life tugs on.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Do you not know how ram works or.. :thunk:

awgegewgewgw
Jun 16, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ssdgaheshehrdjsjrrjrejserjerjv !!!!!!!!!!!!!! eheshwh aherhrehhre h!

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

awgegewgewgw fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 8, 2021

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

xox posted:

How do you manage in the day-to-day? I try to find things that make me laugh/cheer me up for a while, how do you manage, what helps? Besides "just post" ofc

Boobies, op. Big boobies, small boobies, perky boobies, saggy boobies, clean boobies, dirty boobies, moldy boobies, non-euclidean boobies, cursed boobies, unfathomable boobies

Replace "boobies" with "balls" if that's your thing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's been going great for me during the pandemic tbh. None of my friends and family got sick and now we got the vaccine too. I also got to work from home for a year which was cool.

naem
May 29, 2011

I got unemployed, and that was scary

then I got reemployed which is also kind of scary lol

and I got a car and a couch

thanks capitalism

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If god doesn't want me sucking dick why'd he make them so drat tasty?!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The world has not fallen

Civilisation has

Live in the forest and eat fibrous pinecones

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gods a fuckin dick bro. :hmmyes:

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."
Get a cheap little keyboard and learn piano scales. Once you know a few (takes a day or two) you’ll be able to put together some nice littlemelodies, and learn a couple of songs you know by ear. It feels kinda neat, even if you, like me, are brainally allergic to reading music. Minor scales are more fun than major scales.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Poor op spent too much time coping with this fallen world by doxxing and now they can't join us in this discussion.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The world's not fallen, just the USA

Nah but I often feel burned out by the world at large and end up just trying to stay out of the way. I have a panic disorder so that's real fun. We're about to have our 3rd heat wave of the year in a city where few people have AC. I certainly don't have it. So basically I spend my time hoping not to freak out

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Idiot Kicker posted:

The world's not fallen, just the USA

Nah but I often feel burned out by the world at large and end up just trying to stay out of the way. I have a panic disorder so that's real fun. We're about to have our 3rd heat wave of the year in a city where few people have AC. I certainly don't have it. So basically I spend my time hoping not to freak out

It's not just the USA. The heat waves, floods etc. are just getting worse and worse, and still no action on climate change. We're hosed.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Lascivious Sloth posted:

It's not just the USA. The heat waves, floods etc. are just getting worse and worse, and still no action on climate change. We're hosed.

Yeah, I heard Siberia is warming and all kinds of crazy poo poo around the world

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
oh that reminds me the UN's panel on climate change (IPCC) will publish the first part of their latest assesment report tomorrow.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It owns and I'm glad. The only problem is it's not falling fast enough

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

awgegewgewgw posted:

ssdgaheshehrdjsjrrjrejserjerjv !!!!!!!!!!!!!! eheshwh aherhrehhre h!

I wonder if this was our perma'd OP reaching out to us from the beyond to remind us the world is still poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

our ancestors survived hard times, we will too

….some of us

*slow heavy metal music*