Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

It's been about a month since I met with that guy in Kyoto. He apparently has told people he wants to hire me but he hasn't given me anything concrete so I'm thinking it's time to start applying to other places again. It may still work out, I get the guy is busy, but if he wants me to start at the beginning of June like he said he needs to get me a contract to sign by next week at the latest.

Edit: Okay. Looks like he's trying to figure out pay and all that. He's saying he's aiming for mid May for a contract and all that. Then we'll discuss scheduling, pay, time off, etc.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 23, 2024

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

it is slow today. not like normal slow, like several of us just hanging out waiting for pieces to get cut down or printed. it is B A D

xcheopis

I'm very.. fatigued. Another person living unsheltered in my neighborhood went down the route of "let's not go to the hospital and hope it all works out, somehow" and was found dead yesterday of an infection that could have been treated.
And I understand. There is deep, deep, distrust of any type of "establishment" authority figures and the street health teams can't always find everyone (and gods know those people loving try their best!) and aren't always listened to, but this is yet another entirely preventable death and everyone gets upset when it happens.
Anyway. Today I want to be back under the blankets, being very sad and wishing my Tanuki was still around for comfort cuddles.

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
my day was going so good and now is such rear end.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
So for about 3 weeks now I've been warning my manager about an impending issue. She tells me no worries, she's on top of it.

The issue gets worse, I tell her. She starts emailing people. She is telling them the wrong issue, but I reply and clarify - hoping someone on a higher pay bracket than me will step in.

The issue is now out of control. I email again identifying not just the initial issue but the issues which have now accompanied it as a result. I'm polite, not at all blame-y, deferential, just asking because I'm not sure what to do (and multiple people have now told me they are gonna take care of it and haven't done anything).

In response my manager emails me and other people in the thread lambasting us all, saying that old mate chewb needs to now fix it, alongside the 2 people in the thread that she told me were going to fix it all along

<minimises work email and opens LinkedIn>

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

If there wasn't a loving employment crisis I'd be out of here so quick lmao

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

I'm sitting at my computer apoplectic

Escape From Noise

Based on this and past stories your manager sounds like a real POS, Chewbs.

Escape From Noise

New restaurant manager texted me asking if I was busy and if not could I fill in for someone in the restaurant since they're short-staffed. I guess someone couldn't make it today. I never work as wait staff anymore. He is new to this so I responded saying I was cleaning up (true). I also texted to let him know I don't work in the restaurant. I'm really hoping he understands this because I'd sooner quit than work behind the bar here again. Even irregularly. I can't do wait staff because I don't know how to use the ordering system at all.

Chewbecca

Escape From Noise posted:

Based on this and past stories your manager sounds like a real POS, Chewbs.

Not the worst I've had but holy poo poo. I've cried 3 times today and we haven't hit 3pm lol

I cried in front of my manager and unfairness, she was very kind and told me to take a walk outside or have a lie down if I need

New restaurant manager texted me asking if I was busy and if not could I fill in for someone in the restaurant since they're short-staffed. I guess someone couldn't make it today. I never work as wait staff anymore. He is new to this so I responded saying I was cleaning up (true). I also texted to let him know I don't work in the restaurant. I'm really hoping he understands this because I'd sooner quit than work behind the bar here again. Even irregularly. I can't do wait staff because I don't know how to use the ordering system at all.

I hate the endless struggle of having to be like you know this isn't my job, right????? Hopefully they respect your boundaries

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

Not the worst I've had but holy poo poo. I've cried 3 times today and we haven't hit 3pm lol

I cried in front of my manager and unfairness, she was very kind and told me to take a walk outside or have a lie down if I need

I hate the endless struggle of having to be like you know this isn't my job, right????? Hopefully they respect your boundaries

I think this may just be a case of him not knowing. He's not like a super intelligent guy, but definitely less dumb than the last guy. He's marginally more capable. I don't think he understands that he's not my boss though. I kind of get how one might think I'm working under them but...I don't know. Hopefully I'll be out of here by mid June.

Chewbecca

I think this may just be a case of him not knowing. He's not like a super intelligent guy, but definitely less dumb than the last guy. He's marginally more capable. I don't think he understands that he's not my boss though. I kind of get how one might think I'm working under them but...I don't know. Hopefully I'll be out of here by mid June.

You're meant to hear next week maybe yeah? I've got my fingers crossed for you

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

You're meant to hear next week maybe yeah? I've got my fingers crossed for you

The guy wants to hire me, but I won't know specifics about things like pay, scheduling, and paid time off until probably the middle of next month. I should also have a contract to sign by then. The guy opening the place is really busy getting that place opened and right now is a major stretch of holidays in Japan so he's probably slammed with his restaurant.

I'm probably going to apply to a few other places with job listings in the meantime just to be safe

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 24, 2024

Chewbecca

Yeah you don't wanna rely on just one outcome happening for sure. Safer to have a few irons in the fire.

I've started looking for jobs twice a day now, just to try and psyche myself into it in case I need to make a rapid move

Escape From Noise

Yeah. I don't really want to move to Kanto or whatever, but may as well give it a shot.

Chewbecca

Everything is a life experience, and hell, nothing is forever. Work contracts aren't signed in blood so it's always worth a try

You never know, you may really love it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

Everything is a life experience, and hell, nothing is forever. Work contracts aren't signed in blood so it's always worth a try

You never know, you may really love it!

Eh maybe. But I'm older now and all my friends are here or in Tokyo and I'd rather die than live in Tokyo. I also would prefer to not have to own a car.