Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

kntfkr posted:

I figure GBS could help me decide which Russian Criminal Tattoo to get before the summer starts and I am expected to take off my top.

If you ever actually end up in a Russian prison and get called out on the tattoo this may be a terrible choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I don't agree with people getting tattoos they don't qualify for. It's the worst type of appropriation, and if that doesn't deter you, the idea of an angry russian holding a steel scrubbing pad should.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

xutech posted:

I don't agree with people getting tattoos they don't qualify for. It's the worst type of appropriation, and if that doesn't deter you, the idea of an angry russian holding a steel scrubbing pad should.

People who appropriate criminal culture are criminals and should go to jail.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Stolen Russian Prison Tattoo Valor.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

He got his stars covered up. Does that mean he renounced his criminal past?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If you ever actually end up in a Russian prison and get called out on the tattoo this may be a terrible choice.

I figure getting a really braggadocios Russian criminal tattoo that says I'm a legitimate thief convicted of murdering multiple party officials is just the kind of thing I need to keep me on the straight and narrow and out of Russian prisons.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Be the pasty white guy with Yakuza tattoos of your dreams :allears:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Valko posted:

I found a treasure trove of stuff right here:

http://fuel-design.com/russian-criminal-tattoo-archive/drawings/drawing-1/

Many of the images aren't just NSFW but quite explicit.

These are really cool, thanks.

Weren't russian criminal tattoos a GBS thing for a little while circa 2005? I remember having a Recidivist Cat t-shirt (likely goon-printed) that I thought was really cool, until people asked what it was about and I tried to explain it lmao

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Apparently Viggo Mortensen has several anecdotes about when he was shooting Eastern Promises and was covered in long-lasting makeup of his character's prison tattoos.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

LanceHunter posted:

Apparently Viggo Mortensen has several anecdotes about when he was shooting Eastern Promises and was covered in long-lasting makeup of his character's prison tattoos.

He freaked people out so he stopped wearing them off-set.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He freaked people out so he stopped wearing them off-set.

I think it was a combination of freaking some people out and some of the people who weren’t freaked out freaking him out a bit...

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

LanceHunter posted:

I think it was a combination of freaking some people out and some of the people who weren’t freaked out freaking him out a bit...

The specific anecdote about why he started making sure he didn't have them on was that people in a restaurant were treating him really weirdly and he eventually realized it was because his fake hand tattoos were visible.

You can get a pretty good idea of the meaning of them from the archive in this thread and some similar French archive that shows up on google :eng101:
the diamond symbolizes a prison sentence, crown on it isn't commented on as far as I saw. X's on the knuckles (you can see one on left hand pinky and one on right hand index) are separate prison sentences.
Cross as far as I can figure is another prison sentence that I don't see an exact meaning for, but would mean he's a thief if it wasn't white on black?
The wheel means he was forced in to crime by poverty or family circumstances.
The Northern Sunrise on his right hand is a promise he'll be free again. The northern part means he was in a Siberian prison.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 26, 2021

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Oglaigh na Heireann tattoo on my left arm symbolizes that I had too many beers at the Tam O’ Shantern.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Smugworth posted:

drat, I guess it's finally time to get my first tattoo. I don't know what it means but look at those rockin' tits

Randarkman posted:

Website says it's the tattoo of a "passive homosexual".

Smugworth posted:

what the heck man :saddowns:

Hahahaha

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

The women's tats are the best

babushka skeleton kicks rear end

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Y’all might enjoy this account as well:

https://instagram.com/frenchprisontattoo?igshid=157jawg8mifxe

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Oof, that might be :nms: for some. Some of the examples are no longer attached to their owners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Fallen Hamprince posted:

The women's tats are the best

babushka skeleton kicks rear end

Lady Jesus is the best