Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best mortal kombat character
sonya
bruce lee lite
the dude with the hat
the other dude with the hat that you dressed up for halloween as in 1993
reptile
reptile but with tits
sub 0
scorpion
baracka
guile
mileena
shang tsung
ciao khan
your mom
the blue chick with the fans - kaitlin probably
Johnny Cage/Goku
View Results

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

ben shapino posted:

Is there a scene where somebody tries to finish someone off with a fatality but they just stand there punching and kicking the air until the guy falls over

no but someone does win a fight by spamming low kick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

nunsexmonkrock posted:

It's because AT&T owns Warner Brothers who owns DC comics and Neatherrealm. So they are trying to sell their other properties they have been doing it since at least MK9. That's why I don't buy the character packs I don't need terminator or robocop, or alien or whatever.

everyone needs those beloved franchise characters you philistine!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

lmao at thinking you're too cool for robocop

hmm i'm a discerning consumer, i have no need for robocop, hmm yes I am too refined

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

everyone needs those beloved franchise characters you philistine!

If you buy me a poppy seed bagel I will grudgingly accept that I am wrong. Plain or sesame seed than I am right.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Caesar Saladin posted:

hmm i'm a discerning consumer, i have no need for robocop, hmm yes I am too refined

They even got Peter Weller to do the voice!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Caesar Saladin posted:

And the games dont cram themselves full of pop culture references as the OP said. Its just a little fun bonus in a game that has always been loaded with little easter eggs. Imagine being concerned with "canon" within the franchise that invented babalities.

In the first game one of the developers photorealistic faces appears on screen wearing a purple shirt and yells "TOAASTYYY!" When you land an uppercut.

Ive got XL for PS4 and its really fun pitting Leatherface vs Predator sorry not sorry.

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?

Smugworth posted:

Show some respect, he was a successful actor who forsook his glamorous Hollywood lifestyle to save humanity.

Could you do the same?

Kind of reminds me of a certain carpenter from Nazareth who did the same 2000 years ago.

e: Snipe tax, look at our glorious savior

I have never read a more correct post in my life.

Now here's a 10 year old MK9 video of Johnny Cage repeatedly punching characters in their balls set to some motherfuckin Toto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e2dqp78VC8&t=277s MK

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Doomtrain posted:

Now here's a 10 year old MK9 video of Johnny Cage repeatedly punching characters in their balls set to some motherfuckin Toto

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Doomtrain posted:

The next film should just be Cage punching people in the crotch to win.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Kano was, by far, the best character in the movie. He was the true protagonist, the one Joe Everyman that the viewer is intended to identify with. The biggest mistake in the movie was having him die.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Lots of people aren't testing their might itt.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Doomtrain posted:

why doesn't the x-ray show actual balls like sniper elite?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

nooneofconsequence posted:

why doesn't the x-ray show actual balls like sniper elite?

In MK11 his daughter gets to visibly crush balls! It’s great.

https://youtu.be/QY4OTWcLuHc

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Kind of amazing how much worse this movie is than the original. It seems that they wanted to hold all of the good stuff back for planned sequels, but then they kill off Goro and mileena with absolutely no ceremony. Also, we didn’t see the guy who’s whole a a schtick is being a shapeshifter turn into anything else (although we did at least see him suck a soul). I can’t imagine this gets enough praise to actually make a sequel, anyways.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

they probably didn't even let kabal do his spooky face finisher

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Also I swear to god that Johnny Cade poster at the end of the movie was terrible CGI. They couldn’t afford to print out a hard copy of the poster?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Ugh, I’m so mad about mortal kombat I could rip someone’s head off (incl. their spine)

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

1redflag posted:

Ugh, I’m so mad about mortal kombat I could rip someone’s head off (incl. their spine)

God, please don't. It gets old after a while.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

1redflag posted:

You don't have to turn into such a baby about it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

1redflag posted:

Also I swear to god that Johnny Cade poster at the end of the movie was terrible CGI. They couldn’t afford to print out a hard copy of the poster?

I noticed that too, I think you're absolutely right, so cheap. There was some other sequence like that too, what was it again?

Oh yeah, the 'ancient murals' they saw when they first emerged the temple. I literally laughed out loud when I first saw those, looked like the into story pictures of a particularly poorly - funded indie game

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

lmao

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I'm still waiting on a Time Killers movie.

Burns
May 10, 2008

It was dumb and fun and all i could have ever asked for.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Burns posted:

It was dumb and fun and all i could have ever asked for.

It was dumb and fun but I frankly asked for a lot more than it gave

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

my dog died im sad posted:

I'm still waiting on a Time KillersClayFighter movie.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

The Bloop posted:

It was dumb and fun but I frankly asked for a lot more than it gave

why

also lol that someone was so angry about this movie they spent money to buy me an av for saying it was fun

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I have no idea how Kano's parts turned out so good when everything else was bland. Maybe they had one writer per character and Kano's was the only one who recognized the movie for what it should've been.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Caesar Saladin posted:

nobody is born cool

except for robocop liking people

Im the goro that was drawn with pen on my pencil case

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
FWIW the movie has a budget of 55 million, which is low for an action fantasy movie apparently

MK95 had a 35 or so million budget adjusted for inflation, and I assume some poo poo is just plain More Expensive now, the costuming certainly looks better

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
No matter how much money you put into the cinematography, it's impossible to make a character announcing "I am no longer Bi-Han, I am... Sub Zero" sound cool. Also Scorpion's hood was really goofy looking and flapped around too much.

Main character was too whiny and his character's Mortal Kombat "thing" sucked. I was really hoping he'd just double-up on Scorpion's power so there'd basically be two Scorpions, cool old Samurai Scorpion with swords and new hand-to-hand karate Scorpion. But nope, weird random energy-absorbing shirt + forearm weapons gimmick instead.

Still, it was cool to see the main characters go through the growth process of getting their powers overall.

Kano totally stole the show. What a great character, dang. He called Raiden "Gandalf" goddamn lol

Cool fight scenes, blood effects were great.

Movie was dumb as hell - 9/10

Can't wait to see the next one. Because clearly this movie was nothing if not a setup for Mortal Kombat II: The Kombattening.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 29, 2021

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

mortal cumbat

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

It's spelled with a "k"!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

kortal cumbat

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQHecMZunms

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Give that man the 10 thousand dollars!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

on second viewing this is a great movie.