Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

KnifeWrench posted:

I wonder if it's just because they didn't want to recalculate the average, or if their role as bold innovators has led them to embrace churn in a way few have the courage to, by paying people to leave

𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖋𝖎𝖑𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊: 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕚𝕥 𝟛𝟘𝟜𝟙𝕖𝟞𝟝𝟞𝟙𝟜𝟞𝟠𝕔𝟙𝟝𝟡𝕕𝕖𝟠𝕒𝟡𝟞𝟛𝟚𝟟𝕖𝟙𝟙𝟡𝕔𝟠𝟠𝟟𝟘𝟚𝕖𝕔𝕗𝟜𝟠

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol
https://twitter.com/gjtorikian/status/1400507484054425614

mystes
May 31, 2006

Huh, I thought that basecamp had gone completely off the rails.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
but i thought this was all just a brilliant plan to downsize without admitting that's what they were doing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Plorkyeran posted:

but i thought this was all just a brilliant plan to downsize without admitting that's what they were doing

unless they also lost a bunch of customers they're probably just stacking money right now, at least until their tech debt catches up with them with nobody to fix it

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
they paid 6 months severance so they're pretty far from making a profit on the whole thing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/sandofsky/status/1400601463735275520

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

lol

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
they must be fuckin desperate cause even i got it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
haha gently caress that's even better

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

JehovahsWetness posted:

they must be fuckin desperate cause even i got it

you cut off the target start date, how desperate are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

Gaukler posted:

you cut off the target start date, how desperate are they?

quote:

Basecamp is hiring Rails programmers to help build and maintain all our applications. We're looking for Programmer and Senior Programmer candidates, and will be accepting applications for the next two weeks. Target start date for new hires is in July.

About You
We value people who can take a stand yet commit even when they disagree. We subject ideas to rigorous consideration and challenge each other, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. That comes with direct feedback, openness to each others’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand. We’re in this for the long term.
Pay & Benefits
Basecamp pays in the top 10% of the industry based on San Francisco rates (matched against salary + bonus). Same position, same pay, no matter where you live. The salary for candidates matched as Programmer is $165,410. The salary for candidates matched as Senior Programmer is $197,819.

Employees that have been with the company for more than two years become eligible to participate in our profit sharing program. 10% of company profits are distributed to those eligible every year, weighted according to seniority.

How to apply
Please submit an application with a CV and a cover letter that tells us about yourself, about what you can bring to Basecamp, and about Basecamp’s role in your future. Tell us about something you’ve done, something that’s relevant to the kind of work we do, something that excites you. Overall, be descriptive, but don’t write a novel — 500 words or so is plenty.

If you've participated in open source work of any kind, please include links to pull requests, bug reports, feature pitches, or any other public engagement. Open-source participation is by no means a requirement, but if it's something you've done, we'd like to look at it.

We’re accepting applications until June 17, 2021, at 7PM US-Central time. There’s no benefit to filing early, so take your time.

We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. You’ll most likely hear from us by June 25 about advancement to a take-home technical exercise. The exercise is representative of the kind of day-to-day work we do. We invite fewer than 20 candidates to this stage, and those candidates should expect to spend upwards of a full day (but no more!) completing this test. Please consider whether you’d be willing to dedicate that time before applying.

After the written test, the top candidates will proceed to the interview stages. Expect 2-3 interviews, all one hour, all remote, with your future colleagues, on your schedule. We’ll talk through your background, your approach to work, and dive into your technical knowledge. No gotchas, brainteasers, or whiteboards.

We aim to make an offer by early July with a start date later that month.

Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the screening process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for programmer roles, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback before the technical exercise round.

This is a demanding application process. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to give you our full attention in return. We look forward to hearing from you!