Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lordshmee

I hate you, Milkman Dan
do we have one of these somewhere? don’t care must post. I went to bed about 12 hours after my second Moderna shot and woke up 2 hours later feeling... COVID. it’s very hard to describe the flavor of poo poo that this is. I suppose you call it COVID - sporadic aches, chills, and a general feeling of malaise that I don’t think I’ve really had before.

I almost feel bad posting this because I don’t want to turn people off getting vaccinated. let me state plainly for the record that I think everyone should definitely get vaccinated. if this vaccine is just a taste of the full-blown virus then I’ll take this poo poo for the day or whatever that it lasts.

share your shot stories here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
2nd shot ain't nothing 2 gently caress with. I felt like an elephant had sat on me. luckily I think malaise owns so in a way I was right at home besides the aches and chillz

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
side effects lasted about 3 days. I'm back on my bullshit now though :D

Escape From Noise

I wish it was likely I could get vaccinated this year, but not looking like that's going to happen. Lol. We're having the Olympics before general vaccinations. Awesome.

Manifisto

just got numero dos. last time I didn't get side effects until the next day, curious to see what happens this time around.

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

I was at zero energy for one day and had a sore arm for two. I felt worse after my second Shingrix shot than my second Moderna.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

just got numero dos. last time I didn't get side effects until the next day, curious to see what happens this time around.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I got both of my shots a couple months ago (I'm :corsair: and asthmatic).
My arm was sore around the injection site for about a day, and that was it.
The vaccine protects you whether or not your immune system kicks you hard after the shot(s).

google THIS

My wife and I both got this weird skin hypersensitivity about 12 hours after the shot. Like you know how when a body part falls asleep, after the pins and needles subside but it's still really uncomfortable to touch or move for a little while? Imagine that but your whole body and it doesn't go away. The shower felt like getting into a hot tub with sunburn but I couldn't have stood it any other way on account of chills.

I also spent most of the night tossing and turning, half conscious and half dreaming that I couldn't get my unit tests to work, and that was even worse (the unit tests part).

e: Forgot to mention that was the second shot

google THIS fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 15, 2021

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

My wife and I both got this weird skin hypersensitivity about 12 hours after the shot. Like you know how when a body part falls asleep, after the pins and needles subside but it's still really uncomfortable to touch or move for a little while? Imagine that but your whole body and it doesn't go away. The shower felt like getting into a hot tub with sunburn but I couldn't have stood it any other way on account of chills.

I also spent most of the night tossing and turning, half conscious and half dreaming that I couldn't get my unit tests to work, and that was even worse (the unit tests part).

oh yeah, the night of the first shot I barely slept. I got like an hour of sleep then woke up to headache and feeling flu'd up.

now I actually had covid, so I've heard that makes the first shot worse

don't know what any of that means for the second one tho

ty nesamdoom!

nut

got my second yesterday and thought I just had some bad allergies this morning but now I’m laid out just watching movies and I’m all here for it bby

take the moon

by sebmojo
my blues r that i get my 2nd shot in motherfrickin july

yea im just enjoying this life of solitude where i have an oral conversation with someone every hunters moon

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Here's my complaint about the second shot: it didn't do poo poo to me. A little arm soreness, and that was it.

I put in a full day's work responding to idiots who can't do basic arithmetic, and making spreadsheets, and working on slide decks.

Serious disappointment. I had a chill new video game lined up, and tons of snax and gatorade, had checked out a full season of Star Trek DS9 DVDs and, man, I was ready to be laid out on my rear end.

Fuckin' nothing.

What bullshit.

I haven't been able to justify taking a sick day in over 2 years now. This sucks.