Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Now in the dark world where I dwell, ugly things, and surprising things, and sometimes little wondrous things, spill out in me constantly, and I can count on nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Long live the new flesh!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
It's like having a small piece of defrosting liver pressed against you.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
But you had to learn how to control it. That didn't mean you let it trickle away. It meant you dammed it, carefully, let it develop a working head, let it drown whole valleys of the mind and then, just when the whole structure was about to collapse, opened a tiny pipeline at the base and let the iron-hard stream of wrath power the turbines of revenge.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Cease to Hope posted:

How to explain? How to describe? Even the omniscient viewpoint quails.

Is it true that humans have six legs?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
It looked like a piano sounds shortly after being dropped down a well. It tasted yellow, and it felt Paisley. It smelled like the total eclipse of the moon.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Parahexavoctal posted:

Is it true that humans have six legs?

(apparently Vinge died the day after I posted this.)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
"But I must admit," he added with a queer laugh, "that I hoped you would take me for my own sake."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Didn't you hear I come in six-packs!