Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s been a long while but how has the game shaped up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Really very little has changed since release.

They added seeds (bad and just as pointlessly busy work as everyone said it was going to be when they announced it).
They added tamable animals, including cows, dogs, and wolves. Tame wolves are a stupid vanity project because they can't wear armor and so immediately get taken out in fights. Animals are otherwise cool and cute.

I've been mostly playing Clanfolk instead which is basically Rimworld without combat or any violence. Clanfolk iterated on several of the genre standard systems in ways that take a little while to wrap your head around, but are genuine improvements that I really hope other people are paying attention to and become the new genre defaults.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I wonder if there are studios that go around buying out indie games that are 90% finished but still kinda crappy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LLSix posted:

Really very little has changed since release.

They added seeds (bad and just as pointlessly busy work as everyone said it was going to be when they announced it).
They added tamable animals, including cows, dogs, and wolves. Tame wolves are a stupid vanity project because they can't wear armor and so immediately get taken out in fights. Animals are otherwise cool and cute.

I've been mostly playing Clanfolk instead which is basically Rimworld without combat or any violence. Clanfolk iterated on several of the genre standard systems in ways that take a little while to wrap your head around, but are genuine improvements that I really hope other people are paying attention to and become the new genre defaults.

Oh drat fair enough! I was getting served a lot of YouTube videos and it looked pretty good.

I’ll put it on the wishlist and maybe it will get a good discount.