Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Yeah this game is *aggressively* fair and tight and usually there's no one to blame but yourself.

since I've been playing with randos I blame them tho lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Apologies to the unranked person in this thread I dragged into Ruby matches because it goes by highest rank in the party. At least we won one, right?

Hahaha, no worries. It was a good challenge. Hope your rank didn't go down too badly because of it.

I finally got around to starting 3s ranked since they took it out of casuals. . Got up to silver in 1s, but the possible teamplay in 3s makes it better overall for sure.

Zet fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 16, 2021

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Add A_RAD_SKULL please! I've solo queued 3v3 to Sapphire so playing with people would be a welcome change.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Please invite KO City ID: HCastator to the goon squad please.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

:feelsgood:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've decided the 4v4 mode is absolutely miserable if you're going up against an organized 4stack. All they need is 2 balls passed between them and they become an unstoppable force. Really unfun.

That said, if you're just playing with randos of similar skill level it is kinda fun just because of the absolute chaos of it. I didn't realize until after when I rewatched the clip that I actually scored every point of damage on this full team wipe. 8 hits and 4 kills all in like 20 seconds (it didn't give me the Mega KO though 😒).

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1405442969998663685?s=19

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The chaos of 4v4 allowed me to get the "win a game without throwing a ball" cheevo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Scholtz posted:

The chaos of 4v4 allowed me to get the "win a game without throwing a ball" cheevo

Not only did this work for me, but I actually got MVP in the process (helps if you never get knocked out in the first place :smug:)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I really don’t like the default 3v3 being taken out of Street Play, but whatevs

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

:confused:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pants Donkey posted:

I really don’t like the default 3v3 being taken out of Street Play, but whatevs
They addressed this and said they're bringing it back as a full-time Street Play game mode, but that it will take a patch so it probably won't happen until early next week.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

spiderman_pointing_meme.jpg

At least you fared better than went we went off against The Goons crew.

cum xp sp2
Dec 26, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Game owns but unfortunately pubbies are driving me mad. Please save me. KCID is cowaaaaaaa. That's 7 a's.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Anyone else getting a bug where the screen is just black with a loading symbol in the bottom right? It's happened a few times tonight, I can stil hear the game sounds in the background.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TIL that opponents in Ultimate form can collide in mid-air and knock each other out.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah lol, that happened to me on like the first weekend. I've always wondered what happens if they collide when it's 9-9 or in overtime or whatever. I'm guessing one kill is recorded a millisecond earlier than the other and one team gets screwed.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So the "Scared Ya!" taunt in the shop right now is the worst goddamn thing in the world because the Taunt button has no cool down.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I spent all my bux becoming the Boba Cola man.

I wish you could trade style chips for bux. I bought a bunch when they were in the shop a few weeks ago but now I've got 50 style chips and no bux.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I know I'm sort of asking for it, but after clawing my way to Ruby on my own I thought the other Ruby ranked teammates I was being partnered with would be of a higher quality

they spend a lot of time backpedalling and waiting for catches, never balling up and spamming the pass request when nobody has a ball

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Rockstar Massacre posted:

I know I'm sort of asking for it, but after clawing my way to Ruby on my own I thought the other Ruby ranked teammates I was being partnered with would be of a higher quality

they spend a lot of time backpedalling and waiting for catches, never balling up and spamming the pass request when nobody has a ball

I think my team in ranked has gotten progressively worse the higher I climb

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If you two need help I clawed my way to Diamond so I can drag you into both bad teammates and superior opponents.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

whypick1 posted:

If you two need help I clawed my way to Diamond so I can drag you into both bad teammates and superior opponents.

add me: boatshoes

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

I was not lying about either of those things

:smith:

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

ahahah big oof

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Game is still pretty fun.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1410822453945901061?s=19

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Sniper balls are garbage

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Honey Im Homme posted:

Sniper balls are garbage

:hmmyes:

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Fueled by spite I'm now ranked Diamond in a crew of 1, at no point ever communicating or interacting with another human being

Some thoughts;
the 'pass to me' and 'ball up' request prompts are garbage and should be removed. 999/1000 times they're annoying spam from someone who just mashes the pass button or can ball up themselves, which in my experience basically no player ever does on their own. I ball up for my teammates all the time, it'll maybe happen in return 1 out of 10 games. I've never needed to request a pass - if I'm in a scoring position even the garbage pubbie legion will usually pass.

throwing a ball at an opponent who is looking at you is indistinguishable from just passing to them. if you have a ball you should be passing occasionally for the charge, if possible, but other wise moving for a flank or to tackle. always get in their faces so you can snake around them or force a doublejump/early catch you can score on.

if you don't have a ball you should ball up, if your teammates have balls you should be rushing in to tackle. you should never -ever- go looking for a ball. get to your teammates and help them take a scoring position.

gently caress that scream emoji.

Looking forward to next season though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rockstar Massacre posted:

Fueled by spite I'm now ranked Diamond in a crew of 1, at no point ever communicating or interacting with another human being

Some thoughts;
the 'pass to me' and 'ball up' request prompts are garbage and should be removed. 999/1000 times they're annoying spam from someone who just mashes the pass button or can ball up themselves, which in my experience basically no player ever does on their own. I ball up for my teammates all the time, it'll maybe happen in return 1 out of 10 games. I've never needed to request a pass - if I'm in a scoring position even the garbage pubbie legion will usually pass.

throwing a ball at an opponent who is looking at you is indistinguishable from just passing to them. if you have a ball you should be passing occasionally for the charge, if possible, but other wise moving for a flank or to tackle. always get in their faces so you can snake around them or force a doublejump/early catch you can score on.

if you don't have a ball you should ball up, if your teammates have balls you should be rushing in to tackle. you should never -ever- go looking for a ball. get to your teammates and help them take a scoring position.

gently caress that scream emoji.

Looking forward to next season though.

Congrats!

I also refuse to use comms. It's better that way for everyone I think. Sometimes this game gets under my skin.

I haven't been able to make it through Ruby. I usually use the voice prompts to clue my teammates in to my position.

Best ball

Moon
Multi
Cage
Sniper
Bomb

Worst ball

In terms of overall design/fun, not efficacy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Moon
Bomb
Multi
Cage
Sniper

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I got to Diamond solo as well, never touched comms.

I'll spam "pass" if I'm actually in position to ambush someone or to alert my team on the other side of the map that the enemy is over here (this almost never works).

I'd rather get hit by busses repeatedly in Roundabout than use Sniper Ball.

It's amazing how much this game sucks at actually recording that you did things (like contracts not updating if you join in the middle of the match or some of the achievements that require a specific map/ball combo needing dozens of attempts to actually register).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 17, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sorry to this rando from League Play last night. I saw an enemy in the cage ball and just lost track of what was what. At least we didn't lose the match because of it. :sweatdrop:

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1419955022629060631

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
new season today. the new big team match is pretty cool!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

American McGay posted:

Sorry to this rando from League Play last night. I saw an enemy in the cage ball and just lost track of what was what. At least we didn't lose the match because of it. :sweatdrop:

This is funny, has happened to me too.

Liking the new update, new map is cool and that new ball is interesting. people are generally a ton better than at the beginning now. Lots of random people passing which is great for a loner like me.

Wish there was some overall stats for this game, would love to know my k/d and win %.

You know at the end of each game when you get a k/d of 2 - would that mean you hit people as many times as you got hit right (since it counts individual hits, and it’s two hits per life).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Not necessarily, since you can score assists for passing a ball to a teammate who throws it for a KO or toss a balled-up opponent off the map. Neither of those are hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

whypick1 posted:

Not necessarily, since you can score assists for passing a ball to a teammate who throws it for a KO or toss a balled-up opponent off the map. Neither of those are hits.

Ah yeah, also counting those then. I guess what I mean is if you have a k/d of 2 that actually means you hit/assisted an equal amount of times as you got hit, rather than double (as a k/d of 2 would signify in any other game).