Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm surprised handing the series to a western developer didn't immediately cause a shitshow, 2 was actually pretty faithful to the original somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Dead Rising 1 was a landmark game, but the quality of life improvements in the second - especially the massively improved survivor AI - make it hard to go back to. Dead Rising 2 is fantastic - great atmosphere, balances a sense of fun and horror, the world is really well built, combat is fun and fluid, and the story is better.

Is there any reason why 3 never got a PS4 release when 4 did? I really don't want to play 4.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OldMemes posted:

Dead Rising 1 was a landmark game, but the quality of life improvements in the second - especially the massively improved survivor AI - make it hard to go back to. Dead Rising 2 is fantastic - great atmosphere, balances a sense of fun and horror, the world is really well built, combat is fun and fluid, and the story is better.

Is there any reason why 3 never got a PS4 release when 4 did? I really don't want to play 4.

Possibly due to an exclusivity deal.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It sounds like from old interviews that Dead Rising 3 only exists because Microsoft needed a game for the Xbone's launch period and basically paid for it.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

this got me to reinstall and get DR2 going again, thanks I guess? it really is the best one, though. lucky for me my save picks up right at the first dose of zombrex for Katey so hell yea no intro cutscenes, straight to zombie smashin

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Dead Rising 1 was great can't remember how many times I replayed it on the 360.

2 was also good I may pick up 3 in the steam sale I remember 3 reviewed quite badly

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DR4's status as 'undeniable trash fire' really put DR3 into a better retroactive light. It's a perfectly tolerable game, if nowhere near as good as DR1/2, and definitely not the steaming pile of poo poo that 4 is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I have played DR4 to completion and I'll admit that the exploration is pretty fun, I like just busting into random houses to look for poo poo and fighting a million zombies can also be pretty entertaining, I cannot however overlook the utter destruction of Frank West, the removal of unique boss fights, the addition of lovely combat music that plays whenever zombies are near (so it plays constantly) and the removal of the time limit.

It was really Dead Rising In Name Only.