Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Just a general sentiment, really, but my computer is just cranjis at this point. It doesn't run anything and despite me putting tons of money, time, and love into this machine, I'm just about fed up. And yet, I've had so many memories tied to it, it's just hard to let go. Does anyone else here get sentimental over their rigs? Can you just let go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I still have my original 2001 desktop that I tried rigging up about 5-6 years ago to use as an off-network emulator machine, but it was all wonky and kept getting lines through the screen so I gave up. I have piles of computers in my dank basement that I ought to photograph for the cursed image thread if nothing else, which I collected a few years back when I was running a small computer shop and bought old PCs for parts.

I bought a second hand Toshiba in 2015 from someone who "upgraded" to a mac, i7, 8gb, dedicated graphics and great speakers. In my experience Toshibas always had such poor build quality, but I used that thing up until last year when a piece of the outer shell got into the fan. I took it apart to remedy this but it was in such hard shape I just gave up on it and bought a new Surface Laptop. I still have its remains in my office though

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
I bet that 2015 Mac’s still going strong, tbh.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
:sever:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Like any stale relationship, any kind of sentimental feelings are quickly overwhelmed by the thrill of playing with an exciting and new partner that you couldn't really afford but don't regret after you realize it was exactly what you needed all along.