Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
I'm probably the worst at music here but I was thinking we can start a collaborative project called Blues Dads In Tone Town. Now we can put out an album or something. I asked about this in the other thread and it seems to be the consensus that the best way to collaborate is to share GarageBand files on dropbox? Im not too hip to how to do that. Should I buy an account?

is anyone keen to join? Some possible song titles

Banned from Strat-talk.com

Still wearing my work ID badge and Trying to Get Pussy

Barefaced at the Height of the Pandemic

That's Not A Sniper Rifle Its My HardShell Fender Case, By the Grace of God

Anyone please post your ideas of any kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

I'm in for both rhythm and lead guitar, can do vocals too but don't expect much quality with my voice

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
so do we pass around GarageBand files?

how do we start? with a drum track? Any drummers?

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

I'd suggest we use wav files rather than GarageBand files because compatibility, just list the bpm in the track title so we can set that on our DAWs. I guess starting with either drums, bass or rhythm guitar recorded first would be easiest to get a song structure down

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Okie should we just start with three minutes of a sample drum track? Unless a drummer goon wants to join

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I have some song titles to suggest-

Smoking, Snorting, Sinning, and Sharting

Now we're talking (about tonewood)

Let's take it outside (So you can check out my new strat)

You call that a bend?

You can have the kids, but the Gibson's mine

I guess I showed her (that tubes are superior)

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

Krustic posted:

I have some song titles to suggest-

Now we're talking (about tonewood)

Lmao

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Opening skit

Kid: Say pops, What’s the big deal about tonewood? Tone comes from the pickups!

*insane riff with lots of bends fires off*

You got a lot to learn about tonewood son!

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Maghogony and rosewood will do it too, Zebrawood and Koa are good woods too, I'm telling you boy, no matter what you do, stay awayyyyyyeee, from that BAASSSSWOOODDDD!!!!!! *guitar solo* The only way I'll play, I said the only way I'll play, The only way I'll playyyyy is if it's Maaaaddddeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! in the USAAAAAAAA!!!!!! then it goes into a 6 minute solo outro.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

Krustic posted:

Maghogony and rosewood will do it too, Zebrawood and Koa are good woods too, I'm telling you boy, no matter what you do, stay awayyyyyyeee, from that BAASSSSWOOODDDD!!!!!! *guitar solo* The only way I'll play, I said the only way I'll play, The only way I'll playyyyy is if it's Maaaaddddeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! in the USAAAAAAAA!!!!!! then it goes into a 6 minute solo outro.

This version leaked I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNi_CEv7Xw4 NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. !

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

chaining my tube screamer into another tube screamer into another tube screamer and all of the dials are set to 1

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Doctor Dogballs posted:

chaining my tube screamer into another tube screamer into another tube screamer and all of the dials are set to 1

Needs more tube screamers.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
how do we feel about swamp ash in here

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

tight tonez brother

what mic are you using for vocals? checked your gear credits but didn't see it.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

how do we feel about swamp ash in here

alls i knows is i get a serious case of swamp ash when the ol' ball n' chain messes with the thermostat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

embarrassment is a weakness

Hey I did a bluesdad song.

It's called Starcrossed and Sunburst (In Tone Town). I literally have not listened to the main guitar part since I recorded it 5 minutes ago. Real bluesdads don't do 2nd takes. They just willfully sound like rear end.

https://soundcloud.com/matt-p-647926275/star-crossed-and-sunburst-in-tone-town