Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I thought Valve's dock supported this?

Depends on the TV I think. My Samsung is an idiot with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I’m like 99% sure it supports VRR out if the display supports it

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

v1ld posted:

Ray traced Witcher 3 with HDR looks great and plays so well with Moonlight streaming to the OLED Deck that I now want to use the Deck to stream it to the OLED tv @ 4K. What are some good HDMI 2.0/DisplayPort docks for the Deck?

- 4K @ 60Hz is a must so either HDMI 2.0+ or DisplayPort.
- Not aware of any dock that support VRR - this would be a great feature to have though.
- Extra USB-C is nice, esp if there's DisplayPort Alt Mode support.
- Ethernet isn't a must, but if it's there then GbE would be good. No dropped frames or bad latency streaming through a WiFi 6 base station - it's super smooth

As mentioned the Valve dock supports VRR. It also has DP 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 ports and a gbe port. 3 USB 3.1 ports, no extra usbc though.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I thought Valve's dock supported this?

I was under the impression that DP Alt-Mode requires a physical-layer connection and can't be used over a hub transport. With newer hubs you should be able to get 4K@60 on two alt-mode lanes and USB SuperSpeed on the two others, but the actual USB-C ports on the hub can only be used for USB.

Wasn't aware of either, thanks!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Latest patron update for EmuDeck added support for setting up multiplayer over wifi in RetroArch stuff, which is kinda cool! (I haven’t tried it yet, but I might this week!)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

im experiencing some input delay on a wireless controller when i play in docked mode, not really enough to effect regular games but def enough to effect racing games. Its this controller from amazon: EasySMX Wireless Gaming... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WBYFX24?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

is this the controller or is it just the nature of wireless controllers (my first time using one), or is there something I can do on the deck itself to fix it?

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I’m like 99% sure it supports VRR out if the display supports it

Does Moonlight streaming actually sync VRR?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Kvlt! posted:

im experiencing some input delay on a wireless controller when i play in docked mode, not really enough to effect regular games but def enough to effect racing games. Its this controller from amazon: EasySMX Wireless Gaming... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WBYFX24?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

is this the controller or is it just the nature of wireless controllers (my first time using one), or is there something I can do on the deck itself to fix it?

A glance at that janky 3rd party controller makes me think its the culprit.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Kvlt! posted:

I have great success with an Xbox Elite via wireless adapter (though had to do some desktop poo poo to get THAT working), no noticeable latency. I hear bluetooth alone can be a bitch, but I'd probably bet on the controller itself IMO.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

thats what i suspected, just wanted to confirm. thanks everyone!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Squiggle posted:

I have great success with an Xbox Elite via wireless adapter (though had to do some desktop poo poo to get THAT working), no noticeable latency. I hear bluetooth alone can be a bitch, but I'd probably bet on the controller itself IMO.

That wacky Xbox controller app? poo poo was wild

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Steam/Deck game updates are weird.

I just connected my Deck to wifi, and it automatically updated Chrono Ark and Teslagrad Remastered - two games I've never launched.

But it left Blazblu Entropy Effect queued for tomorrow at 5:27am, despite my playing it just 2 days ago.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Squiggle posted:

It is absolutely absurd there's no PS5-specific adapter.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I haven't noticed any latency with my series x controller, and I only ever use Bluetooth. I remember with the xbone controller you had to do something with the Xbox app to get Bluetooth working right, but with my last (seriesx) controller I just took it out of the box and paired it

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The Xbox controller doesn't have a touchpad but the PS5 controller does so we have to use jank-rear end software to use the touchpad (among other features) on it. Not to mention it's bluetooth-only (or plugged in) on PC so it's not as reliable as a plugged-in 2.4 adapter.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Ok yeah crashing after the splash screen is a mod issue. This is why I don’t use mod packs because then it’s impossible to troubleshoot

I'm not sure it's a mod pack issue, I just noticed that MO2 has some error in the logs where it can't find steam, which I assume is why it crashes at the logos.

Does anyone have experience here transferring MO2 stuff from windows to deck? I figure that'd be my best bet and it didn't take too long to configure VNV on PC, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

When I was modding Skyrim, I just installed MO2 on my Deck, then transferred all of my mods from PC to Deck using SyncThing.