Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
https://www.instagram.com/_larrythecactus_/

Free larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I have mixed feelings about Opuntias. They have tiny needles called glochids that have more needles pointing backwards on them, like serrated arrows. Very charming, really.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

pokie posted:

I have mixed feelings about Opuntias. They have tiny needles called glochids that have more needles pointing backwards on them, like serrated arrows. Very charming, really.

Even the little tiny Opuntioideae like O fragilis are just pretending to not have them until you touch them and then you find them in your underwear for six weeks.

My buddy Tephrocactus papyracanthus has special friendly flattened spines that are like little streamers to say hello but then each one is also surrounded by hundreds of glochids thirsting for man flesh :(

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Yeah I have that tephro. It's a bit of a dick.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Wallet posted:

and then you find them in your underwear for six weeks.

wha......?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
"Group of different cactus plants in botanical garden. Kharkov, Ukraine"

https://www.dreamstime.com/group-different-cactus-plants-botanical-garden-kharkov-ukraine-green-image165159645

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
This season I discovered a lovely succ that is native to the PNW. Meet Lewisia cotyledon.

This particular variety is “Sunset Series”, and the flowers range in color from peach orange to red to pink, sometimes outlined in white. Other varieties come in yellow, white, or deep plums, purples and magentas. Each plant produces several flower stalks twice a year and each stalk produces 20-50 flowers each.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

There's a whole *world* of succ out there:

https://worldofsucculents.com

It's fun to find succ and repost it here in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Xeriscaping is an awesome use of succ.