Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I found some better and more pics from that presentation:

The official map of Amphibia:

Top corner Amphibian writing posted:

PROPERTY OF THE ROYAL CARTOGRAPHY SOCIETY

Bottom corner Amphibian writing posted:

IF THOU SEEKEST ADVENTURE
THEN THIS LAND SHALL SUFFICE
BUT BEWARE FOR EVERY GREAT
DREAM WILL ALWAYS HAVE ITS PRICE
A more legible pic of that page from Marcy's Journal:

And the original pitch art:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Huh, Wartwood is actually really close to Newtopia as the crow flies, I guess that explains how everyone is able to zip back and forth so quickly once they have access to aerial transport.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I wonder if the journal will include any writings from Anne as if I recall correctly she had it with her when she was on Earth

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Larryb posted:

I wonder if the journal will include any writings from Anne as if I recall correctly she had it with her when she was on Earth

Almost 100% if Gravity Falls’ Journal 3 is any precedent.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This might be old news to some of you but apparently the release of Marcy’s Journal has been delayed until next month:

https://twitter.com/radrappy/status/1573744348738441216

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Amphibi-Anne is probably a better name.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Huh, Wartwood is actually really close to Newtopia as the crow flies, I guess that explains how everyone is able to zip back and forth so quickly once they have access to aerial transport.

I think it's a bit farther in the satellite view in the theme song, but that also highlights just how little of the landmass the show's story covers. Wartwood is just stuck behind some geographical obstacles. Might've come in handy if the resistance to Andreas went on for longer so they could be defended by the valley being impassable.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think it's a bit farther in the satellite view in the theme song, but that also highlights just how little of the landmass the show's story covers. Wartwood is just stuck behind some geographical obstacles. Might've come in handy if the resistance to Andreas went on for longer so they could be defended by the valley being impassable.

If you look at the route they had to travel to get from Wartwood to Newtopia (it's shown on a couple of different maps in season 2), they pretty much had to go all the way around the outside edge of Amphibia.

It seemed like most of the robots could fly, so I'm not sure the valley being impassable would have helped that much.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We’ve got another leaked page from Marcy’s Journal, this time giving us our first glimpse of her and Sasha’s parents:

Also reminder that the journal officially comes out this Tuesday

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 4, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So has anyone gotten their hands on Marcy’s Journal yet? If so, any particularly interesting tidbits that haven’t already been previewed/leaked (also are there any entries by Anne since she had it for most of Season 3)?

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Bezos hasn't shipped my preorder yet, the estimate says I'll get it on the 15th.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well there is one little tidbit I heard: Terri apparently succeeded in building a stable portal to Amphibia after the timeskip meaning Anne and her friends could potentially go back there eventually

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 9, 2022

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Luz probably helped her out before that, like, just weeks after the season finale. That's my headcanon and I'm sticking to it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/1613249384904286208

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here’s the aforementioned short (no voice acting though):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3faAchClwM4

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

Here’s the aforementioned short (no voice acting though):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3faAchClwM4

:3:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I particularly liked the little Frogger moment with Sprig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

An Amphibia themed fan game is currently in the works and actually looks pretty decent. You can find the demo and a trailer here:

https://krizby.itch.io/calamity-beatdown