Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

thetoughestbean posted:

Young Ladies Don’t Play Fighting Games is so drat good. Volume 5 had one of the mc’s, Aya, basically realize that she’s in love with the other, Mio, because she saw Mio do The Daigo Parry in a tournament and Volume 6 has Aya run out of the convention center because Mio had an amazing exhibition match against someone else and the Aya had thought that she was the rival who could bring the Mio’s true strength and now she’s not.

God, it rules so much

Oop, and this is how I learn that Volume 6 came out. Thanks for that. For a company that started out selling books, Amazon is weirdly bad at letting you know when a new volume in a series you've been reading is available.

I've been reading Murcielago lately because I was in the mood for violent gay trash, but this manga might hit oddly similar parts of my brain to that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

ahhhhhhhh I'm still waiting for my vol 6 to ship and i'm quoting you but stopped reading your post halfway through because of spoilers but this is one of a handful of series I have that I have to wait for like the annual volume release and it drives me nuts

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 5, 2024

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Murcielago mention, woo!!!!!!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
e: hmm it’s late and I’m an idiot

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RuBisCO posted:

ahhhhhhhh I'm still waiting for my vol 6 to ship and i'm quoting you but stopped reading your post halfway through because of spoilers but this is one of a handful of series I have that I have to wait for like the annual volume release and it drives me nuts

Ah geeze, sorry about that, I edited the original post if you want to, uh, update the quote.

I just got so excited

Thuryl posted:

Oop, and this is how I learn that Volume 6 came out. Thanks for that. For a company that started out selling books, Amazon is weirdly bad at letting you know when a new volume in a series you've been reading is available.

I've been reading Murcielago lately because I was in the mood for violent gay trash, but this manga might hit oddly similar parts of my brain to that one.

I check what each publisher puts out every month on their respective websites, which is maybe a bit obsessive but hey I don’t miss updates.

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 5, 2024

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

thetoughestbean posted:

Ah geeze, sorry about that, I edited the original post if you want to, uh, update the quote.

I just got so excited

I check what each publisher puts out every month on their respective websites, which is maybe a bit obsessive but hey I don’t miss updates.

Oh no worries at all! It's one of my favourite series and I totally understand being excited!

I also obsessively check and preorder what I want during sales but whether or not they'll ship in time is another matter :canada:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
read and enjoyed the manga for I'm in love with the villainess after watching the anime, did not expect the trans characters that showed up in the latest chapters

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im not the biggest fan of i love the villianess but yeah the bit with the trans characters was my favorite stuff and nice to read.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
After 3 hundred years, someone scanlated another chapter of I Wouldn't Mind Being Loved

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m caught up on How Do We Relationship and I don’t really get the complaints about Miwa’s break up. Sex is part of a relationship and her needs weren’t being met and sometimes you’re just incompatible!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Because of Love by Karuha is a one-shot that is too loving cute to be allowed.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Snooze Cruise posted:

Murcielago mention, woo!!!!!!

I want an anime adaption so badly.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
New series from Suzuki Senpai, author of Weird Noises From The Room Next Door and a bunch of horny lesbian short comics.

Miyuki saw a cute confession scene in a shoujo manga when she was very small, thought it looked fun, and asked every cute girl her age she could find to marry her. Fast forward 8 years, and she finds out that unfortunately not only do many girls remember her doing this, a lot of them have been hoping to hold her to her word. Basically, what if EVERY love interest had an Important Childhood Promise binding them to the main character?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That was a fun read. the main character Miyuki was very expressive and the premise is fun, looking forward to future chapters.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

gnome7 posted:

New series from Suzuki Senpai, author of Weird Noises From The Room Next Door and a bunch of horny lesbian short comics.

Miyuki saw a cute confession scene in a shoujo manga when she was very small, thought it looked fun, and asked every cute girl her age she could find to marry her. Fast forward 8 years, and she finds out that unfortunately not only do many girls remember her doing this, a lot of them have been hoping to hold her to her word. Basically, what if EVERY love interest had an Important Childhood Promise binding them to the main character?

I'm glad the author is okay, because I enjoyed the heck out of Weird Noises and was concerned when everything made after it got cancelled due to protracted health issues :ohdear:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The end

Wish there was a bit more to this one. It wasn't a true stand out or anything but I dug it more than a lot of its contemporaries that were going for a similar vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Never heard of Shiokara before I wonder what it-

quote:

Shiokara (塩辛) lit. 'salty-spicy',[1] is a food in Japanese cuisine made from various marine animals that consists of small pieces of meat in a brown viscous paste of the animal's heavily salted, fermented viscera.[2]

:shepface:

And yeah I really liked that one too. Did it get cancelled?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 4, 2024