Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Just finished an eight and a half hour pub shift here and enjoying a lager with one of my Spotify playlists as I clean the place. I work in a very small pub so just one staff member on. I love it, been doing it for three years now and I can’t see myself quitting soon.

Big ups and cheers to my fellow Friday bar and/or pub staff posters.

Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm not staff, but I would like a Mojito please, and don't use that brown mint you rear end in a top hat.

I would also like all of my change drat it.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I don’t work in that sort of place. I get asked what cocktails we do and it’s vodka and….

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

We had a lock in tonight so I had an extra two hours serving my pals drinks. Absolutely shattered tonight. Going to sleep like a mother fucker. Made £40 in tips tho, that pays for the weekend. Happy Friday all x

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

are food industry people allowed in here or? makes it hard to hang out with my pals who have day jobs, and sometimes dealing with customers is just dreadful, but it's real not serious and my boss is a genuinely good dude, which is depressingly rare.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

i work in a bar/restaurant but i'm the barista so i knocked off at 4 and now i'm home having a beer while my colleagues are getting slammed for the saturday dinner service. suck it losers, shoulda learnt to make coffee

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Excellent nine hour shift tonight. Went bat poo poo crazy at about 11:30 and it was just me on the bar. Made about £35 in tips today and that’s paid for tomorrow’s beers. Time for the bus home and to bed. Cheers guys.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Pretty miserable shift tonight. Didn’t do as much takings on the bar as usual and even fewer tips. Some weird people in the pub too. However it’s over and I’m on the bus home and going to bed. Have a great weekend folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

britishbornandbread posted:

Pretty miserable shift tonight. Didn’t do as much takings on the bar as usual and even fewer tips. Some weird people in the pub too. However it’s over and I’m on the bus home and going to bed. Have a great weekend folks.

I'm kind of curious - I haven't been to the UK since 2012 (when I probably comically overtipped for everything) and probably won't be back until covid chills out (so never) but what is the accepted practice for tipping?