Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Where does Ben Simmons play next year?
Boston Celtics
L.A. Lakers
L.A. Clippers
Golden State Warriors
Sacramento Kings
Minnesota Timberwolves
Utah Jazz
Indiana Pacers
Shanghai Sharks
Adelaide 36ers
Nippon Ham Fighters
Talk 'n' Text Tropang Texters
View Results

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
:cry:

Bip Roberts posted:

So two questions: who first started using the term "pu pu platter" for a group of marginal assets in a trade, and second: if you're calling it a "poop platter" is that good enough or do you have to say "poop poop platter"?

Bill Simmons 😨

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

how small we talking? too small for a young socialite??

quote:

Brian Windhorst on Ben Simmons: I know of at least one other team who is a small market team that has made an offer and has a lot of interest and it just hasn’t gotten public yet

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Pacers made an offer, but I think that's been out a while.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Fultz, Michael Carter Williams, and James Ennis for Ben

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ben Simmons has Orlando Magic written all over him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Ben Simmons has Orlando Magic written all over him

There is literally no funnier outcome than this

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Bip Roberts posted:

So two questions: who first started using the term "pu pu platter" for a group of marginal assets in a trade, and second: if you're calling it a "poop platter" is that good enough or do you have to say "poop poop platter"?

It's not an unreasonable comparison: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu_pu_platter

No one has a meal of just egg rolls or crab rangoons but put it all together....

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

archduke.iago posted:

It's not an unreasonable comparison: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu_pu_platter

No one has a meal of just egg rolls or crab rangoons but put it all together....

Lmao at "and things of that nature" making it into this entry

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

MourningView posted:

Lmao at "and things of that nature" making it into this entry

i find it preposterous

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

WhyteRyce posted:

how small we talking? too small for a young socialite??

Unironically think it's Cleveland which is...yeah I don't want him. The only thing worse than having two point guards is having one who can't shoot and the other being undersized.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I’ve said from the beginning that Sexton would be a great return for Ben. He’s a bum.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

I’ve said from the beginning that Sexton would be a great return for Ben. He’s a bum.

Cleveland makes too much sense from an organizational ethos. Super heavy on the defensive side of basketball, they can trade guards to Philly, Ben doesn't have to be a title contender star year 1.

The offensive fit of course, is uhhhh, I'd doubt even Cleveland thinks they're ready to contend.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

What's the closest equivalent to Andre Miller in today's league? Because something like the AI/Miller trade which was incredibly deflating as a fan at the time but Miller undoubtedly improved the Sixers from doormat to mediocre lot the next few seasons by simply being a real PG. While that's not the desired outcome today of course, they probably have the talent to instead become something closer to legit finals contenders.

Are there other good veteran PGs in the league who haven't quite shined so may just need another situation to thrive? Something like Kyle Lowry before he came to Toronto.

I'm starting to talk myself into Ben for very steady and decent pieces is probably what would benefit the Sixers the most at this time.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Maybe if Corey Joseph was a bit better or if Brogdan was much worse at shooting.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/TomMoorePhilly/status/1438190781077000204

Philly is going to push it. Wait for someone to become available for the trade/3-way trade.

I think its probably smart because Philly is a 1st round exit if they replace Simmons with role players. But gunna be some fun early season drama.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Lockback posted:

https://twitter.com/TomMoorePhilly/status/1438190781077000204

Philly is going to push it. Wait for someone to become available for the trade/3-way trade.

I think its probably smart because Philly is a 1st round exit if they replace Simmons with role players. But gunna be some fun early season drama.

“Not getting viable offers” to Presti means offers like 6 first round picks and 2 starters

But I probably wouldn’t trade him either There still is a chance he will get his head straight

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

predicto posted:

“Not getting viable offers” to Presti means offers like 6 first round picks and 2 starters

But I probably wouldn’t trade him either There still is a chance he will get his head straight

That's why MN is still in the rumor mill. They don't really have too much to offer that Philly really wants. But they have stuff a rebuilding team would want (specifically picks). A rebuilding team prob isn't super interested in Simmons. That's why I think a 3 way is the most likely (if not MN, GSW or Sac).

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

iamsosmrt posted:

Are there other good veteran PGs in the league who haven't quite shined so may just need another situation to thrive? Something like Kyle Lowry before he came to Toronto.

I'm starting to talk myself into Ben for very steady and decent pieces is probably what would benefit the Sixers the most at this time.

Rozier maybe? I mean he is what he is but might be the type of guy you're talking about.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Simmons channeling that "scream like I'm fighting for my soul against an army of biblical demons while I go up for an uncontested layup" Pau Gasol energy in that photo.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

predicto posted:

It's funny, because an all-star, all-nba, all-nba defense, four time rookie of the year should fetch a handful of picks and at least one starter, but he's basically poison to any rival GM. Trading major assets for a point guard who refuses to shoot and poo poo the bed in the most tragic way possible in the playoffs means if he doesn't get his mental right, that GM is 100% getting fired.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The weird thing is while Doc and Embiid's comments may have soured Ben on the Sixers, it seems pretty clear that those sentiments are echoed by most people around the league/world so it's not really going to be that different if he ends up on another team as virtually as the same player.

The more rumors and leaks that come out, the more it's becoming apparent to me that he's probably got a bunch of mental health/anxiety issues to work through and his inner circle has put his career in a game of chicken that seems destined to end in in a lose-lose and possibly sad situation for all, riches and fame aside.

He's a very talented guy who seems to be aware of his limitations while on the court, but his camp is acting in denial of how these limitations are affecting both how people react to him and how many trade scenarios even make sense.

Ideally (aside from actually just swallowing his pride and becoming the player fans want him to be) he'd just make a respectful trade request and carry on as a normal member of the team until they accommodate the trade.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

LeBron subtweeting Ben

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1439087731385126913?s=19

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kendrick Perkins weighs in
https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/1439318422953857031

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/pr5949/guarding_ben_simmons/

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's over

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/1491844094343237632?t=ifbIkcFs7IKDSTrKnOlu3w&s=19

It's only just begun.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Buh bye ben

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i cant believe he ended up on the nets. the nets have so much mental health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i went to one of the games with harden, durant and irving all playing, against boston. it wasnt htat great. thanks for the memories james