Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Moos droo year 8 baby.... the old world is dying,.. now is the time of MonStars.

Poll:
1. cowardly so-called "king"
2. burnlebron.com
3. a royal mess
3.5 witness THIS
4. Lebron James grandmas club crying
5. traitor 23

VARIANT RULES

:siren: updated :siren: RULE 1 - Positions G, G, SG, SF, PF, F, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+
The rosters and benches are extremely deep, so there will not be a lot of great talent on the wire - considering that, I've geared the starting positions to eliminate positional scarcity as much as possible. I based my math on historical Yahoo rankings and 2018's Yahoo positions. I'm mitigating these findings by installing three Guard spots with no SG required and an extra PF spot instead of the traditional extra C spot.

I AM ADDING ONE IR+ SPOT DUE TO LECOVID. If you have multiple players who are chronically missing games, chuck 'em or trade 'em. The IR spot will not be restricted to any particular type of short-term vs. long-term injury, in fact it looks like you can even put a gat-dam GTD in there so (ab)use it at will.

RULE 2 - Continuous Rolling Waiver System (Updates Mon, Fri Morning)
I like this system in NFL Fantasy and it works just as well in NBA. I was reluctant at first to sacrifice the 'art of the lightning fast injury pickup' but this hopefully makes it so members don't have to spend so much free time thinking about fantasy and reading alerts. It also discourages streaming. If you're anything like me you will let fantasy games win over your social life occasionally and so I want to remove the temptation as much as possible. The waiver claims will go into effect twice a week, once on Mondays at the start of the week and once on Fridays, permitting players to make adjustments heading into weekend games if they deem it necessary.

RULE 3 - Trade Take-Backs 2-Day Evaluation Period
The purpose of this rule is to encourage trade speculation but support fair trades. I will never unilaterally veto a trade unless I am somehow able to determine that its purpose is to disrupt the balance of the game on purpose. If both managers want to do the trade, they can do it. Even if it makes people mad. However, I need to provide some outlet for the persons who get mad about trades, because in many cases their complaints have merit. So here's the deal: If you can convince either side of a trade that they are making a bad trade, and they wish to cancel it, they can. I leave veto or 'take-back' power in the hands of the individuals making the trade. Another consequence of this rule is its implications towards player injuries that happen during the trade review period. If the injury happens after the trade has been accepted and the review period has already started, you're stuck with it - both sides lose their veto right. If the injury happened before the trade was accepted, both sides have the right to veto. I am aware that this logic is somewhat circuitous but I've thought it through and to me it's the best way to prevent common abuses.

POST IN THE THREAD TO CLAIM YOUR SPOT, :coolfish: will be placed next to re-regs. Returning players must claim their spot by Oct 1 2021.

ALL-TIME STANDINGS

1. "Triay" (JrueistheWrmestColor) :coolfish:
4-TIME CHAMPION (Year 1, 3, 5, 6)
(667-551-15) (.547)

2. Frustrated (Manure Ginobili) :coolfish:
1-TIME CHAMPION (Year 2)
(684-526-23) (.564)

3. H-Tail (Cruisin for a Boozin)
1-TIME CHAMPION (Year 4)
(660-562-11) (.540)

4. "Trevor" (HOGAN MUST POSE) :coolfish:
(555-483-15) (.534)
1-TIME AND DEFENDING CHAMPION (Year 7)

5. spacejung (Danilo Isn't Real) :coolfish:
(662-558-13) (.542)

6. Evil_Penguin_v2 (DickVitalesRightEye)
(466-401-6) (.537)

7. "Troy" (McDonald's) :coolfish:
(640-574-19) (.527)

8. YamataNaOrochi (Klay-Doh) :coolfish:
(498-554-10) (.474)

9. MagicCube (Kawhi Me A River)
(558-643-12) (.465)

10. jabro (Easy Blake Oven) :coolfish:
(558-659-6) (.459)

11. "Brandon" (BADBADNOTGOOD) :coolfish:
(150-193-8) (.439)

12. Ishin (BGI's Ballers)
(483-624-9) (.437)

FONDLY REMEMBERED

1. Cloud the Cat (Merbein Cobras)
(75-96-0) (.439)

2. Brogeoisie (White Space)
(151-204-5) (.426)

3. Metapod (RussellMania)
(276-373-8) (.425)

4. HOTLANTA MAN (HOTLANTA MEN)
(140-199-3) (.414)

5. Mr.AARP (KyrieOnMyWaywardSon)
(67-110-3) (.381)

typical link to the league that is always here normally
:siren: https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/moosdroo :siren:

Draft Time: Oct 8, 9, or 10 (I will send out a link to a quiz thing for availability)

spacejung fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

In for another 2nd place.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Back for another season of drafting for personal faves instead of fantasy relevance.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Poll for draft time is out.. . . . alea iacta est .. . .. ..

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Based on the results of the doddy poll, draft time is set at:

:siren: Sun Oct 10 2:30pm PDT :siren:

I've begun replacing some of the empty spots, if we don't get some more responses we may run the risk of contracting to 10 teams....

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
This covild shits lame. I did a trade. Maybe it'll be good. Party party.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Somehow this season is turning into an even bigger poo poo show than last season.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Predictable in retrospect but. Man. My team is gone zo

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Feel free to go ahead and change the OP to add 2 time champion to my name!

Also this weekend was such a poo poo show. I thought I had it in the bag on Friday then half my team sat games over the weekend, had to sweat it out.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Well done, congratulations on a brilliant season! Thanks again everyone. I will update standings and do a little recap in the near future.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Congrats to the winner!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Here's the season end summary thing. It even has a Lindy Waters sighting.

I'll update the standings and then I might pull the plug on this baby for a little while. Feeling kind of burnt out. And maybe a little bit scared that I might draft Zion again next year. I would gratefully accept an invite to any of your leagues next season, of course.

I want to point out the killer draft by Jabro/Easy Blake Oven; Jokic was obviously the best pick in regular season and our playoffs, and he went #1 as deserved, but those first 5 picks were pretty special too: Jokic, VanVleet, LaMelo, Jrue, Ja. Many great later round picks too including a third round worthy Jarrett Allen and a sixth round worthy Kuzma. Nice going!

All that wasn't quite enough though; Dejounte Murray finally turned that corner we've been waiting on since his long-armed deft passing Washington Huskies days, and Manure G. snapped him up at the right time on the Round 5-6 turn, among many other great draft picks and moves during the season. Congratulations again, Frustrated!!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Thanks for putting this on. Every season is a blast!

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

End of an era. Thanks for running these leagues year after year spacejung. I always enjoy it.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Not to necro this, but uhhh, I was told the league was shut down and now I find out I auto-drafted a team? Not cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Frustrated posted:

Not to necro this, but uhhh, I was told the league was shut down and now I find out I auto-drafted a team? Not cool.

My apologies man. I let a new commish take over and they sent out messages. But they should have gotten your confirmation before the draft, if I thought there was a chance they wouldn't do that I would've posted here too.