Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I can’t imagine it would even be a discussion point. Everyone is used to eCommerce platforms generally allowing you to buy multiple copies of anything you want, why would a game market place be any different? IANAL and have never considered a contract like that but I guess contract lawyers have to be pretty persnickety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
tbqh if the interactions between an external client and the customer support team went like that, I really doubt that was the only reason they hit the eject button

that sort of thing reeks of a SV tech startup doing the "go fast and break things" approach to finance with no knowledge of little things like "real life use cases" and "regulations" and probably coincided with one or more states' fincen and tax units getting together and saying "hey it looks like you're setting yourself up to be a third party payment processor but we're missing literally all of the paperwork you need to file to do that, feel free to explain yourself immediately" and someone at epic shat themselves silly

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I don't know if epic actually processes the cards themselves, the point of using them as a processor is they get a cut of the sale, just like steam.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Hel posted:

TBF Those two are the only characters that persist across the reboots/reimagining, so it's not that surprising that those are the only ones people know about. Crystal Dynamics threw out pretty much everything when they took over with Legends, and then did it again when they did TR2013. So it's not that non-fans only care/know about those two, the developers/publishers are in the same seat.

The only other character they need is some Gaston himbo for Lara to clown on at every opportunity

Maybe after all this corporate acquisition poo poo it can just be Duke Nukem

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm going to close this thread and let it be rebooted.

Post here if you want more information on this decision. Once a new thread (or threads) is made, I'll make a new post linking it here.

If you have any comments, you are welcome to PM me or post them in the feedback thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
New thread.