Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the real answer is an unglamorous 30 but humans cant help but over compensate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ShadowHawk posted:

One planck time is 5.39 * 10^−44 seconds.

So one frame per plank time is 1.85 * 10^43 fps, which is:
Cybernetic Vermin's guess was

which is only off by a factor of less than 3

huh, must have typoed something at some stage

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Bored Online posted:

the real answer is an unglamorous 30 but humans cant help but over compensate

30 gets the job done, it's nothing to be ashamed of

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ShadowHawk posted:

One planck time is 5.39 * 10^−44 seconds.

So one frame per plank time is 1.85 * 10^43 fps, which is:
Cybernetic Vermin's guess was

which is only off by a factor of less than 3

hey that’s not too bad as far as physics go!

probably dropped a pi/2 somewhere

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

the wackest thing to me is that your nervous system (including your cognition) has a fairly significant processing delay, tens of milliseconds or longer, so you can never actually be aware of the present

who is you

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

carry on then posted:

i'm glad life can get such good fps despite rtx being force enabled at all times

focal dlss fudges a lot of the details tbh. your nose is ultra performance since it's out of focus most of the time, but your monitor reflection is full resolution because it's off

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

who is you

you are your brain, driving a gigerian horror mech of bone and flesh

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Sagebrush posted:

you are your brain, driving a gigerian horror mech of bone and flesh

You are the user/soul, the brain is just your meaty posting station that is your interface to the gigerish mech of bone and flesh

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

when i was in grad school a friend and i were messing around with something and i hooked an led up to a signal generator with a square wave and with a discharge resistor to bring the on/off time in to the ns range. iirc he couldn't see it flicker any more at ~35 Hz whereas i could see it up to ~44-45 Hz.

i can see color separation on dlp tvs, lovely christmas lights that use a half bridge rectifier are migraine inducing, and if im using a 60 fps monitor like this laptop at night when i close it i can still see the after image of it flickering.

in fact on the thread select part of yospos and previously read posts i can see constant flickering if i dont change the zoom level.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

when i was in grad school a friend and i were messing around with something and i hooked an led up to a signal generator with a square wave and with a discharge resistor to bring the on/off time in to the ns range. iirc he couldn't see it flicker any more at ~35 Hz whereas i could see it up to ~44-45 Hz.

i can see color separation on dlp tvs, lovely christmas lights that use a half bridge rectifier are migraine inducing, and if im using a 60 fps monitor like this laptop at night when i close it i can still see the after image of it flickering.

in fact on the thread select part of yospos and previously read posts i can see constant flickering if i dont change the zoom level.

i refuse to buy xmas lights that aren’t fully rectified. it’s nauseating

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

i could never stand single-chip dlp systems, and even on plasma displays i could see color bands around bright objects if i moved my eyes or blinked

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol sounds like having “better” vision sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

echinopsis posted:

lol sounds like having “better” vision sucks

it's awful

it's like super tall people that go on and on about all the short little people, and have to suffer every day of their lives because literally nothing is made for them to fit in to.

except i never walk up to strangers and tell them about how i can see a few hz faster than most people which makes places with lovely leds a hell world for me