Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Partial power outage at Prudential Center.

Newark, NJ's crumbling infrastructure; two minute penalty for delay of game.

e.

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1446264966441578496

Mr. Fish fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
And extremely not NHL level Pens team getting shelled by Detroit. Amusing.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
DeSmith what the gently caress was that. Moved yourself out of the way.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

This utterly dogshit Pens roster has tied it up lmao. Simon remains a cool and good little hockey man.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
2nd game in a row podkolzin has run a goalie. Hopefully Smith is alright

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

POJ with an awesome screen on his own goalie. 3-2 Wings. None of the defense has looked particularly capable tonight unfortunately. Granted Matheson is the only NHL level guy in fairness.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
It's preseason, it's the first game against the Oilers, and I'm already exhausted by Mike Smith. I don't want to do the Mike Smith thing anymore

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

And Mike Smith draws a penalty by punching a guy. I have no idea what McEwan did wrong there.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
oh you know, just another traumatic brain injury from a pointless preseason fight

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Well Zack MacKeown just killed a man

edit: well at least kassian can semi-stand up but that was loving dicey, lucky that wasn't a hell of a lot worse

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

If they ever needed more evidence to ban fighting.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

One day I'll watch a goalie goal happen live (on tv) but not today

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ovechkin dead

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

lol jones

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

ohrwurm posted:

lol jones

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I love the Martin Jones experience!

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

gently caress off wilson

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Wtf when did they change the Bridgeport Sound Tigers to the Bridgeport Islanders

lol that loving sucks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Holy poo poo, Friedman(?) for PIT just tried to give Sean Kuraly a tracheotomy. Get the gently caress out with that poo poo.

...and :lol: Jake Voracek yapping at him while he's in the box. Give him an A.

e- https://twitter.com/treed1919/status/1446981119149285379

Five and a game for spearing. :byewhore:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 10, 2021

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Wtf when did they change the Bridgeport Sound Tigers to the Bridgeport Islanders

lol that loving sucks

Connecticut isn't even an island

It makes no sense

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I know it’s the preseason and veterans don’t care but Kerfoot’s spent the entire time looking like he wants to play in a different league.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ilya Mikheyev is not a top six forward, I know he looked ok before all his wrist tendons were severed but the guy literally can’t handle the puck in motion anymore. It’s sad but it’s time to move on.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

OldSenileGuy posted:

lol that loving sucks

Occurred during the offseason.

Should've been related to the ferry service. Bridgeport Sounders?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

OldSenileGuy posted:

lol that loving sucks

Just found about this too and lol that's fuckin wack

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

If Wayne Simmonds can still make passes like that he might not be a waste of a roster spot

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Signing Michael Del Zotto to be a shutdown, penalty killing defenseman. lol

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Jarry posting another sub .900 night. Awesome.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Dammit just saw that Sorokin has the fisherman on his helmet

dammit stop being likable, islander players

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Sportsnet intermission question: is OEL-Myers the shutdown pair?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

OldSenileGuy posted:

Dammit just saw that Sorokin has the fisherman on his helmet

dammit stop being likable, islander players

I like him because he gave up 5 goals tonight

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

The Dirty Burger posted:

Sportsnet intermission question: is OEL-Myers the shutdown pair?

Ahem

https://twitter.com/RobTheHockeyGuy/status/1447038835179675649?t=u-dBG1RYtThaGhUasR5i5g&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

OEL looks much better than Edler. Still not worth the contract, but definitely an upgrade.