Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cat or Dog?
Cat
Dog
View Results

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

lunar detritus posted:

Usually in games pre-rendered cutscenes are a chance for devs to go and record what they want in Ultra and 60fps so they can get all the detail they need since they can't guarantee what computer the player is going to have.

Not here. The cutscenes look like they were recorded in a switch and encoded as a 240p youtube video. There's even pop-in trees in the opening cutscene.

They were. I'm playing the switch version and all the cutscenes have been in-engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Nobody's been talking about this game at all, and it seems to have zero advertising budget, so I assumed the worst. I take it you all like it though? Is it Swery Good™?

I'm assuming general lack of hype is due to Deadly Premonition 2 bombing so hard, and The Missing just being an underwhelming platformer nobody played. Swery is beloved to his fans but outside of that he's extremely niche so :shrug:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It has the same problems as all SWERY games (apart from The Missing weirdly, which ran and played fine) that some bits are a 10/10 and some bits are a 1/10 and there's only so many people that'll put up with a game that's so janky rear end broken in some respects because of the good bits.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

It’s profoundly Swery and it can drain on your patience but in a lot of ways I couldn’t put it down.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finished it, that was uh certainly and ending. Genuinely thought they'd forgotten about the whole murder plot until the post credits and they still kinda did.

What the heck were 'shrine quests' listed in the quest guide?

What an utterly bizarre mess of a game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sakurazuka posted:

What the heck were 'shrine quests' listed in the quest guide?

Walk up to a teleporter shrine and pick the Oracle option. It'll give you a simple quest.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't remember seeing that option at all lol, cheers

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I am enjoying really taking my time with this one.

The economy in this game is pretty wacky, I feel like I'm losing money constantly no matter what I do. 85p to have a pair of trainers hand made but its £90 to get a beach ball?

I still can't afford any camera upgrades and I earn barely anything from flamingo hotwords. Pictures of certain story events seem to do pretty well though... i haven't uploaded the picture of the murder yet though. I thought that was a very subtle little thing how the game just casually gives you that option, how desperate for followers are you?

I think I misunderstood the healthiness bar for a while, I thought it represented stress with more stress on the right side lol. Love to visit the vets to expensively cure my cold only to instantly get a new cold when I walk out the door into the rain. Also that goddamn vet should put his schedule up somewhere why wouldn't you be at work today its tuesday gently caress you.

The barrel carrying in the castle followed by that godamn minigame again was rough. Pressing anything while holding a barrel makes you walk forward, touching the forcefield hurts you, many barrels are placed directly touching the forcefield. You just retry when you die and thankfully you don't need all the barrels, but the minigane afterwards felt like a cruel joke after the amount of failed tries I already had at it. Free practice at least, I got it eventually i can get to the 5th pint and lose when I visit the pub now (even after eating cockles i always mess up on that last one, i think i need drugs to beat this priest). The doctor asked me to become an alcoholic maybe that'll help.

Also if anyone is like me and was avoiding the outdoor kitchens as they cost a lot to open up don't theres a quest and I think you can unlock the tents as save points.

I've just complained a lot about this charming janky game that I love a lot, so I'll finish by saying I love how when characters are scheduled to be somewhere far from town they just loving book it on foot so you could be in the middle of nowhere and run into one of them speed walking down the middle of the road like the terminator.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I'm having trouble getting into this game just because it's got so many side quests that I'm trying to clear. It's a hell of a lot of fun even if it's overwhelming at times. I also love the latest update it's a very SWERY thing to do.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there anywhere to take a picture of all the holiday stuff 'E' wants without making it all and putting it in your garden?
Some of the crafting ingredients are just nuts to try and get. 10 aluminium cans for one nugget, 5 nuggets for a chunk, two chunks for one actual item???

Did you ever find a way to do this? I'm looking down the barrel of collecting another 183 aluminium cans and I'm not keen, but that sidequest seems really promising.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope, sorry, I basically just finished the main story then left any sidequest that looked like an insane grind or didn't tell me specifically where to go lol

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It turns out this game has some incredibly grindy side content! The way shrine quests work is not well thought out. Master level quests are sometimes 'get 100 game overs' or 'win 100 drinking contests' level insane. You can't quit one once you accept it and you can only have 5 at a time. Theres like 30 shrines and theres no indication which shrine gives which quest and you have to wait a week before a given shrine will hand out its next level quest. Its 100% not worth it to go for 100% shrine quests. Unless someone finds an exploit the master money quest (get £500,000) will likely take twice as long as playing through the entirety of the rest of the game to grind out and thats if you spend all your time optimally racing and mining.

Important note about any quest involving gathering or photographing poo poo in your garden: you can steal that stuff. If you find a deck chair in the middle of nowhere, pick it up and warp home from the map screen, or take it to the nearest campsite and put it in the storage box.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Nope, sorry, I basically just finished the main story then left any sidequest that looked like an insane grind or didn't tell me specifically where to go lol

lol rip I guess I'm leaving that sidequest undone

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

good news, everyone! they patched in a new way to get aluminium cans!

quote:

Players can now exchange Ded Bulls for Aluminum Cans at the traders near Rainy Woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Also, the flickering's gone!