Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Meddler rules. His mana generation is on par with a tier 2. All you have to do is accept that he could just to decide to add 3 skeletons a turn (or have the discipline to stop rolling after the first bones, but c’mon, it’s only a 1/3 chance, and if you roll the big mana you’ll turn it around, it’s practically certain…).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Meddler is quite strong... unless you got enemies split into slimelets curse and/or spiky enemies curse.

I learn that the hard way.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

A lot of curses take meddler from "bad but averages out usually" to "your run is probably over if you don't get to replace them on the first level up"

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I found a use for another level 0 item!

This cantrip self damage can't activate if I don't have the mana to pay for it. :v:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Arzaac posted:

This cantrip self damage can't activate if I don't have the mana to pay for it. :v:

I do love it when it happens. I had yearn which gives all Xs shield, heal, mana gain 0 along with Myco. For one mana, I could turn that side into gain a shield, health, and mana.

Snake oil (addes engage to healing) also works great with the healing overflow hurts enemies item.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Arzaac posted:

I had the cigarette thing where "single use become double-use" which did NOT work as I was hoping/expected. But then I also had the "blanks are 2 mana" spell and all was well for a bit.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Meddler's boney sides really should be single-use, it's kinda ridiculous how much they can gently caress things up

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
The compromise everyone will love: single-use, hyperboned

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Got inflict boned on a shifter side, but unfortunately didn't stick around to see what would happen. Probably summon bones for the enemy team, now that I think about it!

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
i love taking the "tiny enemies +2 all sides" curse, because i think it's no big deal until i run into a bunch of gravestones. i have never not been surprised to re-realize this

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

redleader posted:

i love taking the "tiny enemies +2 all sides" curse, because i think it's no big deal until i run into a bunch of gravestones. i have never not been surprised to re-realize this

So would you say you're....

...boned? :smug: :yohoho:

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Einwand posted:

A lot of curses take meddler from "bad but averages out usually" to "your run is probably over if you don't get to replace them on the first level up"

I think Meddler is the best T1 blue in a no-curse vacuum, but yeah there's some curses that make them a huge liability. Also monoblue with 4 Meddler and a Student (for Slice) is completely busted.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

redleader posted:

Usually, it is a fight with 3+ wisp that shocks me.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Smiling Knight posted:

Meddler rules. His mana generation is on par with a tier 2. All you have to do is accept that he could just to decide to add 3 skeletons a turn (or have the discipline to stop rolling after the first bones, but c’mon, it’s only a 1/3 chance, and if you roll the big mana you’ll turn it around, it’s practically certain…).

i think meddler compounds too hard with a lot of curses to then consider adding 7 extra points of curses onto a run, and dilute the chance of upgrading out of him

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RME posted:

i think meddler compounds too hard with a lot of curses to then consider adding 7 extra points of curses onto a run, and dilute the chance of upgrading out of him

Just get the stun lover one and seal away his bones side

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
`{c:[16Z0c,1745c,14Z4c,31601,18Z2,326,1541,1614,1712,2060,2164,2241,4,14Z4c,1740c,1612c,1653c,1352,1753,1412,1512,1643,2052,2150,22Z5,4,1612c,1730c,1765c,14Z4c,1750c,1442,1563,1462,1844,1612,2052,21Z3,2231,4],d:{l:{m:[Alpha,Ghost,Basilisk]},m:[Big Hitter^6],n:13,p:{e:[Peaked Cap],h:[n2.147,n2.85f~Whey~Juice,g2.8d6,o2.4d8~Whiskey,y2.493~Ink Bottle~Tooth Necklace,r1.295]},sl:1},p:[10],s:2031323204,v:3018r}`

Weird ability interaction: using the Green ability on the 1 HP character here restores 8 HP, not the expected 4. Is it picking up the Cruel modifier from the Tooth Necklace somehow?

Edit: Also, the crescent shield isn't triggering the juice's Cleanse on the target it shields, but rather on the user. Probably something weird with Repel.

Einander fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 18, 2024

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Einander posted:

Weird ability interaction: using the Green ability on the 1 HP character here restores 8 HP, not the expected 4. Is it picking up the Cruel modifier from the Tooth Necklace somehow?

Edit: Also, the crescent shield isn't triggering the juice's Cleanse on the target it shields, but rather on the user. Probably something weird with Repel.

Thanks for posting the paste and clear description. These are both intended though maybe not intuitive.

- selfcleanse is different from cleanse
- that weird generated tactic is a heal ability and also has the heal keyword, pretty funny I've not seen it before.

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord

vogonity posted:

I've done a few Classic Brutal runs and was hoping to beat it before moving on to other modes, but the furthest I've gotten is like 14/20.

I know the game warns me that it's not intended to be possible, but how possible is it?

I enjoy a challenge, but wonder if I'm just being stubborn.

I finally did it!

It felt weird turning down all of the T3 upgrades for Pilgrim, but he rules and I didn't want to give him up.

Now I'm wondering if Classic Hell is possible, but really hoping it's not.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Nice, those are some chonky monsters.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Tann posted:

Thanks for posting the paste and clear description. These are both intended though maybe not intuitive.

- selfcleanse is different from cleanse
- that weird generated tactic is a heal ability and also has the heal keyword, pretty funny I've not seen it before.

Oh, right, right. The juice got filed under "oh, I know this one" and I didn't look at it again. :v: My bad. Thanks for the clarification on the other one, though, I didn't realize it'd work like that!

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I finally cleared a run on Cursed-Ultra and got that sweet +10 blessing, one of which was "add duplicate to the center four sides". Guess which side Clumsy chose to roll two turns in?

e: Saw this cool Dungeon Meshi fan-take here

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sitting here with 1,000 mana and feeling like I’ve broken the game. Lots of catnip + the weaver’s “Gain as much mana as you already have” + Foretell (invest 3 mana to get 4 next turn).