Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I avoided this show like the plague as a teen because I hated the music so much. I did watch the pilot at some point in college and it felt weird, almost like Star Trek V in some ways, but by then I'd read some of the episode synopses of later shows that made me think, "I'm not watching this." I've been interested in giving it another shot lately because some of the Federation formation stuff seems interesting and Jeffrey Combs does show up eventually, but I'm always just hit with the fact that this is the most boring rear end crew of all time. We have Worse Kirk, Worse Paris, British Guy?, Slightly More Tolerable Neelix, the Linguist who never seems to get that many scenes, Worse Saavik. I dunno. I'm feeling more forgiving since being in a Trek clip binge since the Pandemic kicked off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

I avoided this show like the plague as a teen because I hated the music so much. I did watch the pilot at some point in college and it felt weird, almost like Star Trek V in some ways, but by then I'd read some of the episode synopses of later shows that made me think, "I'm not watching this." I've been interested in giving it another shot lately because some of the Federation formation stuff seems interesting and Jeffrey Combs does show up eventually, but I'm always just hit with the fact that this is the most boring rear end crew of all time. We have Worse Kirk, Worse Paris, British Guy?, Slightly More Tolerable Neelix, the Linguist who never seems to get that many scenes, Worse Saavik. I dunno. I'm feeling more forgiving since being in a Trek clip binge since the Pandemic kicked off.

I was going to watch more this weekend and then I decided to watch What We Do In The Shadows instead, and I feel I made the correct choice.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

You really did, what a great show.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Don't sing that your road has been long
They have no use for your song
Go space, go space, go space
And outta this world

Now the faith of your heart carries on
You can reach any star that you want
In space, in space, in space
And outta this world

there i fixed it

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
just rip off the first part of ode to death and make that the intro, or hell, do like tng and rip off a film, like they could've used first contact's intro music and it would've gone for the show's feel very well. just anything but a loving country song.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

docbeard posted:

Don't sing that your road has been long
They have no use for your song
Go space, go space, go space
And outta this world

Now the faith of your heart carries on
You can reach any star that you want
In space, in space, in space
And outta this world

there i fixed it

Regular Human Starfleet Captain Jackie Daytona

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The lady captain that shows up later is way better than archer in every way.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
We gonna talk about the episode where Archer and Phlox did a genocide?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fivemarks posted:

We gonna talk about the episode where Archer and Phlox did a genocide?

No.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Regular Human Starfleet Captain Jackie Daytona

Yeah so hang on. If a vampire were to go to space, would they be constantly safe from sunlight, or in constant danger from it? Sunlight reflected off the moon or from distant stars doesn't hurt them, so how far away from the Sun would they have to get to negate its deadly effects? Must be a reason why there are so few vampires in big sci fi.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Meatgrinder posted:

Yeah so hang on. If a vampire were to go to space, would they be constantly safe from sunlight, or in constant danger from it? Sunlight reflected off the moon or from distant stars doesn't hurt them, so how far away from the Sun would they have to get to negate its deadly effects? Must be a reason why there are so few vampires in big sci fi.

well, dracula does have a moon base, that seems p significant

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Vampire getting absolutely hammered on Klingon bloodwine

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Vampires vs. borg, round one. Fight!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Meatgrinder posted:

This is why the Breen always wear those suits, just in case they get near a window

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Would vampires have to be explicitly invited to wherever they're being teleported to? When they de-age in the unavoidable transporter accident, will they come out as regular humans if they go back far enough to before they were turned, and would aging them again make them vampires again? Can the teleporters be used to make everyone into vampires?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Meatgrinder posted:

Would vampires have to be explicitly invited to wherever they're being teleported to? When they de-age in the unavoidable transporter accident, will they come out as regular humans if they go back far enough to before they were turned, and would aging them again make them vampires again? Can the teleporters be used to make everyone into vampires?

I think Futurama let us all down by failing to explore these questions.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Vampires are a distinct life form and culture, and it would be wrong of the Federation to stop them from expressing their native biological needs

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

mercenarynuker posted:

Vampires are a distinct life form and culture, and it would be wrong of the Federation to stop them from expressing their native biological needs

"Computer, human blood. Type, O Negative. Hot"

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Captain Alucard to the bridge!

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Enterprise really could have pushed new boundaries if they had let T’pol keep her dreads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

this literally should have been what happened with the crystalline entity if that scientist hadn't killed it in revenge for her son

"hey, look, you gotta eat, we understand. look, we've set up this bigass replicator in orbit around a gas giant. meat, trees, whatever you want. we can replicate fifty meter cubes of banana-flesh if you want. just chill out here and swap stories with the science team here, okay?"