Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
The year is 1955 and Operation Paperclip has borne fruit. Captured Nazi scientists have created a method of visiting alternate universes, and we've gotten there before the Soviets. This advantage may not last, and it's up to your team to collect resources and technology which may tip the balance of the Cold War.

This game is mostly an excuse to use GURPS to visit different fictional settings and have the players steal their poo poo. I need 5 players. This will be PbP on the forums. If you need the GURPS books, PM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Almost forgot: 150 points, max -25 disadvantage.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
The characters are going to be from the 1950's US, right? Not from the alternate timelines they are going to be looting visiting?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Beardless posted:

The characters are going to be from the 1950's US, right? Not from the alternate timelines they are going to be looting visiting?

Initially, yes. If your character dies, you might be able to replace them with someone from an alternate.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

New players ok?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

pissinthewind posted:

New players ok?

Sure!

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Mycroft, are you on discord? I'd like to bounce some ideas and character-building questions off you, and Discord might be a bit faster than the thread.

Edit: I am Beardless#0086

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Good idea! My discord is Mycroft Holmes#1618

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
So, anybody willing to take the plunge and sign up?

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I'll get my character finished up and posted tonight!

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Rodney Wainwright

Born in small-town New Hampshire in 1928, he grew up insulated from the worst effects of the Depression. As a teen during WW2 he was eager to join the Army as soon he could, and did so in 1945 at the age of 17. He didn’t see any combat in the Second World War, but when fighting broke out in Korea, he soon saw action. There, he served in a regimental Intelligence and Reconnaissance Platoon, and rose quickly through the ranks to become a squad leader. With the war over, and his unit being broken up and transferred here and there, Rodney wasn’t sure where he would end up. He ended up in location redacted, at the request of his old CO, who had been attached to the newly-created Operation redacted. Colonel redacted Knew he would need someone he could rely on to corral the eggheads in the new exploitation teams, and Staff Sergeant Wainwright was just the man.

pre:
Rodney Wainwright
Brown hair, Brown eyes, 5’6”, 140 lbs
Staff Sergeant (E-6), US Army, MOS 1761

[150] 

Attributes: [80] 
ST: 11 [10]        HP: 11
DX: 11 [20]        Will: 12 
IQ: 12 [40]         Per: 12
HT: 11 [10]        FP: 11
Damage: 1d+1 Thr/2d+1 Sw
Basic Speed: 6.5 [-5] 
Basic Move: 6
Basic Lift: 45 lbs
Languages: English: (Native/Native) [0]

Advantages: [25]
Fit [5]
Military Rank 2 (Staff Sergeant, US Army) [10]

Disadvantages: [-27]
Addiction (Tobacco) [-5]
Duty (15 or less, Extremely Hazardous) [-20]
Code of Honor (Pull your weight, don’t let your buddies down) [-1]
Hard of Hearing [-1]

Skills: [52]
Animal Handling (Equines) 11 IQ-1/A [1]
Brawling 11 DX/W [1]
Camouflage/TL7 12 IQ/E [1]
Cartography 11 IQ-1/A [1]
Climbing 10 DX-1/A [1]
Driving/TL7 (Automobile) 11 DX/A [2]
Explosives/TL7 (Demolition) 11 IQ-1/A [1]
Electronics Operations/TL7 (Comms) 12 IQ/A [2]
Engineer/TL7 (Combat) 10 IQ-2/H [1]
Fast-Talk 12 IQ/A [2]
First-Aid/TL7 12 IQ/E [1]
Guns/TL7 (Rifle) 14 DX+3 [8]
Hiking 11 HT/A [2]
Jumping 11 DX/E [1]
Knife 12 DX+1/E [2]
Leadership 12 IQ/A [2]
Navigation/TL7 (Land) 12 IQ/A [2]
Observation 12 Per/A [2]
Savoir-Faire (Military) 12 IQ/E [1]
Scrounging 12 Per/E [1]
Spear 10 DX-1/A [1]
Soldier/TL7 13 IQ+1/A [4]
Stealth 12 DX+1/A [4]
Survival (Woodlands) 12 Per/A [2]
Swimming 11 HT/E [1]
Tactics 11 IQ-1/H [2]
Throwing 11 DX/A [2]
Traps/TL7 11 IQ-1/A [1]

I will get gear squared away shortly, I just wanted to get the character up.

Beardless fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 21, 2021

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Flt Lt John Spencer, PhD
Deputy Director, Advisory Committee on Atomic Energy

Born 1914 in Portsmouth in the south of England. Spencer read physics and mathematics at Oxford and spent his early twenties doing graduate research on nuclear physics. Like many of his public school peers, he joined the RAF Volunteer Reserves, learning the basics of piloting and navigation, but his poor eyesight should have prevented him progressing beyond cadet. His family pulled some strings and persuaded his commanding officer that he was better suited to administrative tasks, so he was promoted out of active service and has performed little flying since.

During the war, Spencer initially worked for Alan Turing on the Ultra decryption project, including work on electromechanical computators, but he was sent to Los Alamos in 1943 as part of the United Kingdom's contribution to the Manhattan Project. After the war, he co-founded an electronics company which attempted to sell programmable computers to businesses, but found few clients in the UK and declared bankruptcy in 1949. In 1950, he was hired as a contractor on civilian nuclear engineering projects, such as Calder Hall, the world's first commercial nuclear power plant. He joined the Advisory Committee on Atomic Energy in 1951 with an eye for political advancement, though the genuine research he carries out has taken up much of his attention.

In June, 1955, Spencer was despatched to the United States as part of the incoming Eden premiership's attempts to cultivate further technological exchange between the war-time allies. The RAF forwarded Spencer as a candidate for keeping a British finger in the Operation Hydra pie due to his combination of scientific expertise and a (brief) military career.

In his spare time, he enjoys cooking, playing piano, holding chess tournaments for colleagues, and target practice with a police revolver he obtained during the war.

Enjoy fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 9, 2021

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
Interested - sent a friend request on Discord to bounce ideas off you before doing full creation!

Beardless posted:

I'll get my character finished up and posted tonight!

Lol, hello old timey GURPS-friend! Didn't see you until after my post

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
We lost a player, so we need one more.

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm assuming this game is full up, since no posts in quite a while? If not... well, I'd love to roll a character!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

BeefSupreme posted:

I'm assuming this game is full up, since no posts in quite a while? If not... well, I'd love to roll a character!

actually, we just lost someone, so you're welcome to play if still interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mycroft Holmes posted:

actually, we just lost someone, so you're welcome to play if still interested.

Just added you on discord, but wanted to check in here as well to make sure you still need a character. If so, I'll roll one up by tomorrow.