Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s probably one of those 5-season plans that’s a sentence for each season. It’s best to be open about having a rough idea, but I can see why they say things like that. Maybe it’s even part of selling a show now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I seem to recall that they had 2-3 seasons planned but the studio wanted 5 seasons.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

*Gilligan's Island theme*
"A five-season plan, a five-season plan"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

angerbot posted:

I seem to recall that they had 2-3 seasons planned but the studio wanted 5 seasons.

Regular reminder that this series is on Showtime, the network infamous for stretching and padding out shows until you find yourself wondering why you ever liked them in the first place.

Hell, with this show they arguably did it in record time.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh man, Weeds.

Every time it was close to being ended forever it got this burst of energy, like it was so happy to be over that it would put a lot of energy into it and get excited and start being a good show again. And then it would get renewed and everyone just seemed even more exhausted than last time.

Season Six is legit good. Imagine watching season five to get there though.

Imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha Weeds got so bad I refused to finish Breaking Bad for like 15 years. I was afraid they were gonna do what Weeds did. And they did, but it turned out to be good television instead. Television that's a huge bummer and I don't really want to ever watch again or revisit any of the characters, but good TV technically.