Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

It is meaningless for Arsenal and Arsenal fans. If it's not spent on Pepe it goes into Kroenke's pocket somewhere down the line. Who loving cares. Yes it, like other ludicrous fees, are funny to laugh at, but putting any actual weight or expectation on them in this current footballing climate is pure folly. Clubs throw a number out to get a player they want and it has zero bearing on how good or pivotal that player will be. See Grealish, Jack and how completely disposable he's been this season. The only difference is City look nailed on for another title so Pep can bench whomever he likes.

Jack Grealish is another great example of a better player with worse stats playing in a better side and winning things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

UnderFreddy posted:

the player that has fewer goals or assists in the same amount of time is the player Pepe should've been. Good stuff.

Pepe is crap

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, off field discipline aside, Grealish has been really good

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

tarbrush posted:

Yeah, off field discipline aside, Grealish has been really good

Has he? I've not watched a lot of Man City but I feel like every time I do pundits talk about him not working out like they expected

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
His fancystats are as good or better as when he was at Villa. He's moving the ball into dangerous areas and beating players, he's just getting a few less primary assists and goals.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

His fancystats are as good or better as when he was at Villa. He's moving the ball into dangerous areas and beating players, he's just getting a few less primary assists and goals.

Given he was basically the only real attacking threat at Villa that's not really surprising.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Need a thread title for January, answers on a postcard please

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Man City basically take star players from other teams, and then integrate them into a squad of other amazing players so they no longer look like stars, despite still being amazing players. I think they said on FW the other day that no player there has more than seven goals this season.

On one hand, it sucks as it makes the league so uncompetitive, but on the other hand it's kind of cool because I can't think of any other club that's ever done this and not fallen into the usual Galactico traps.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

The Perfect Element posted:

Man City basically take star players from other teams, and then integrate them into a squad of other amazing players so they no longer look like stars, despite still being amazing players. I think they said on FW the other day that no player there has more than seven goals this season.

On one hand, it sucks as it makes the league so uncompetitive, but on the other hand it's kind of cool because I can't think of any other club that's ever done this and not fallen into the usual Galactico traps.

Yeah, exactly. I will through gritted teeth admit that Guardiola is the best coach in the league and has been for some time.

Then loudly talk about what Klopp accomplished at Mainz, which Pep could never. And laugh a lot when he galaxy brains himself out of the CL again.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pep is a bald fraud who could never do it on a cold rainy day in Stoke, managing Stoke

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Bayern have been doing this for a long time

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

African AIDS cum posted:

Bayern have been doing this for a long time

That's true actually. Although they do have Lewandoski banging in 1000 goals per season, and I can imagine he'd be missed if he was gone.

I'm trying to think of any one individual player whose injury would really be a proper set back for City and idk... Ederson?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

the sex ghost posted:

Don't Lukaku Up
Postponed due to Covid
Saudi Season
New Year, New Mendy

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The blaydon disgraces

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1477960795086630915

Arise, Sir Philip of Jones. Your time has come.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

belgend posted:

Don't Lukaku Up
Postponed due to Covid
Saudi Season
New Year, New Mendy

:ughh:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1477960795086630915

Arise, Sir Philip of Jones. Your time has come.

Unironically a big Phil Jones fan and I hope he does well.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

That's true actually. Although they do have Lewandoski banging in 1000 goals per season, and I can imagine he'd be missed if he was gone.

They'll just buy the best striker from the rest of the league and carry on.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Premier League 2021/2022 - January

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Lukaku or Lukaka? If only w00bi were still here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU