Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The Commissioner's Tactical Policy Guide To The Chimera Squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Thanks for the LP! Was fun to watch and listen to.

If I had a vote, I'd totally vote for Daemonhunter : Chaos Gate or whatever the 40k one is next. Looked pretty neat on stream.

Phoenix Point looked like it turned into a real slog, how true is that or was that just trying to do weird fights against Atlantean robots or something?

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Thank you both for this wonderful LP.

throwing in an additional plea (after a well deserved break) for the Grand Master's Codex to Chaos Gate: Daemonhunters

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Mechanicus LP
I know Jade didn't get along with Mechanicus. Fun game, just not to his tastes.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Xelkelvos posted:

So when's the Commander's Field Manual to Chimera Squad

When Guava gets to it. I haven't actually even completed one third of a playthrough of Chimera Squad. I could go and give it another try though.

Tylana posted:

Phoenix Point looked like it turned into a real slog, how true is that or was that just trying to do weird fights against Atlantean robots or something?

I enjoyed a lot of Phoenix point, but there are definitely parts that turned into slogs. The spoiled baddies could be it, but they were meant for late game advancements. I ended up turning off two of the DLCs because I felt the additions were actually detriments to my enjoyment of the game.

In all likelihood I'm going to take a break from serious effort LPs and do WASTED next. It ought to be a sort and fun diversion and then launch into Chaos Gate.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One of the big things about Chimera Squad is because of its structure it can be slightly harder or easier at different stages because of which factions you're dealing with at early/mid/late game (and also when you have one of the best characters fully maxed out)

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Xelkelvos posted:

(and also when you have one of the best characters fully maxed out)

Jade wouldn't even take Blueblood out of spite.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I meant Patchwork.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Jade when you gonna do all of Rupert Booth's other games?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Looking forward to The Hunter's Field Manual to Marvel's Midnight Suns

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

ultrabindu posted:

Jade when you gonna do all of Rupert Booth's other games?

This sounds perfect for mid-chaos gate intermissions. I was aware of a techno thriller one, but i wasn't sure if it was out or not. Honestly, if they're on steam and you can just give me names or links of them all I'd just buy them all, though if there's more than one i feel like it'd deserve its own thread so people can experience the majesty of... THIS.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Looking forward to The Hunter's Field Manual to Marvel's Midnight Suns

I am not a fan or marvel or dc or comics in general. The only video game of a comic property I ever enjoyed playing was Xbox's Punisher. They even got Thomas Jane for the voice acting. So good.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I enjoyed it but it's not very complicated as a game compared to XCOM and it's definitely more for comic nerds

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I could get behind The Commander's Field Guide to Petting Jade's Cat. Kitty needs more screen time.

Also I was laughing pretty hard when I saw how far Selena could go. A movement that surpasses the edge of the vision is bad enough, but do be able to nearly do that with a blue movement?

She got the zoomies.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I couldn't see in the video, how many in-game days did your victory take? It looked like maybe 400?

Jade Star posted:

I am not a fan or marvel or dc or comics in general. The only video game of a comic property I ever enjoyed playing was Xbox's Punisher. They even got Thomas Jane for the voice acting. So good.

Holy poo poo yes. That game was worth putting up with the slightly janky "interrogation" mechanics for the opportunity to chuck bad dudes into the waiting jaws of a giant constrictor.
It's maybe one of my favorite memories of anything on the Xbox.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Shei-kun posted:

I could get behind The Commander's Field Guide to Petting Jade's Cat. Kitty needs more screen time.

Hold on, let me try something.

Jade, fix your feline.

Close enough!

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

OK, two questions - why didn't you take the chosen's sniper rifle, and what's the beer you were drinking again?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
SWEET BABY JESUS!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Crazy Achmed posted:

OK, two questions - why didn't you take the chosen's sniper rifle

Because it's pre-modded in a configuration I don't like.

It's nice it only takes one AP to fire, but that's honestly not a tough thing to work around. I'd rather stand still and get the steady hands bonus anyway.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The chosen rifle also loses a lot of its punch on the final mission because there isn't any timer and the ridiculous quantity of enemies promotes a slow and steady pace that doesn't require you to keep the sniper moving forward.

The chosen rifle combos really well with buying the assault skill that gives you a free move after your first kill and death from above. It's phenomenal for regular missions where you have to go, go, go. But the final mission is stupidly sedentary, and even in the final room your sniper can grapple up to a tower and never move the whole fight.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
While there is no thread for it, I'm quite enjoying the livestream playthrough of "STOP RESISTING" aka Chimera Squad that Jade is currently engaged in on Twitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
It's not as bad as i remember it being on launch!