Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Queen Rush
Queen
Rush
View Results

Kazinsal

Freddie was the greatest frontman ever to have graced this earth but I'm from the frigid wastes north of the 49th parallel so I'm obligated to say Rush

RIP Neil, an absolute legend of the percussion persuasion

nesamdoom posted:

I'm really into Coheed & Cambria for the same reasons I like both bands. The ridiculously great sound of Rush with the emotional feel of Queen, maybe not as good on both or maybe better... But it works for me.

same, Coheed is one of my favourite bands as well for the same reason. Claudio did like an hour long YouTube video for Gibson a couple months ago where he breaks down a bunch of Coheed riffs and it's absolutely bonkers how the man can be shredding while singing like that. I wish I had that kind of talent but I can only half-rear end one or the other and I can't quarter-rear end both at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
coheed is from around me and I knew some of them vaguely growing up and I love how they are an intensely goofy band and just own it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Kazinsal posted:

Freddie was the greatest frontman ever to have graced this earth but I'm from the frigid wastes north of the 49th parallel so I'm obligated to say Rush

RIP Neil, an absolute legend of the percussion persuasion

same, Coheed is one of my favourite bands as well for the same reason. Claudio did like an hour long YouTube video for Gibson a couple months ago where he breaks down a bunch of Coheed riffs and it's absolutely bonkers how the man can be shredding while singing like that. I wish I had that kind of talent but I can only half-rear end one or the other and I can't quarter-rear end both at once

None of my friends would learn to play poo poo and help me start a band, so I made lovely drum beats with FL studio and played some pretty bad powerchorded poo poo with distortion effects on electric and then would play that looped while just kinda playing with my bass to see what I could do that fit in nicely... I made a band from myself where I think I peaked at being halfway (not good, but alright) decent at bass and maybe hit 1/8th of anything with the drums and guitar. It didn't come out well and I'm better just playing bass kuz atleast that sounds alright when I play, but I can't imagine trying to loving sing(I can't anyways) while playing.
my brother has a new electric for me since I sold mine years ago to get money to move my daughter across the country to live with me. So, someday I'll get to have fun again, I wish i'd gotten the guitar my dad had kuz it had an sd card slot so I could have recorded way easier.

Claudio is a good example of ppl I am almost pissed off at for having so much talent, but I'm too awed to actually summon anger. I found that video by the way so this is what I'll be doing for the next while. I bet my 2 year old would love this poo poo kuz he is really big into cool noise... poo poo I'm 5 mins in and thanks for informing me that this is a video. He makes all this poo poo look so effortless, what a dick haha.

Hey, as a norther neighbour to me I wonder what ya think of Trailer Park Boys? I think it's cool Alex Lifeson cameos on a bunch of their stuff and in general Bubbles is like Rush obsessed. Mike Smith is pretty good on guitar and the Guitar Lessons with Bubbles are cool videos and he teaches the bit from Closer to the Heart.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

coheed is from around me and I knew some of them vaguely growing up and I love how they are an intensely goofy band and just own it.

Dude conceived a whole insane triangular group of planets and all this insanity to go with it. Then wrote fucklots of music, comics, and a book to tell a badass space opera. While being a weird rear end bad that generated a cult following. I actually had my ex agree that if our son had been a girl *she* would have been named Ambellina.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Zil posted:

Queen if you want passion in your songs. Rush if you want mathematically perfect notes, sung by a goatboy.

Ugly In The Morning

nesamdoom posted:

Dude conceived a whole insane triangular group of planets and all this insanity to go with it. Then wrote fucklots of music, comics, and a book to tell a badass space opera. While being a weird rear end bad that generated a cult following. I actually had my ex agree that if our son had been a girl *she* would have been named Ambellina.

also he can write a hell of a catchy tune, I remember “unheavenly creatures” out of nowhere and get it stuck in my head like once a month

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

baka of lathspell

im smoking on that Qush op

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

baka fwocka fwame posted:

im smoking on that Qush op

:lol:

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

14 Queen
9 Rush

As of right now it seems BYOB appreciates Queen more. Maybe because they have been closer to the Queen while the Canadians were an ocean apart from her. Maybe it was a bad question, or maybe a good one. Perhaps I should have included The Who or several other bands. Truth is I was just listening to music and was in a mood for both Queen and Rush. If they could have put out a song together it probably would have been so good that ppl just died from hearing it.

Anyways, I just swung by kuz Flash was playing and I wanted to check the results. So I posted them as of now and will likely forget that I made this until the next time it pops into my head. Thank you all for contributing to my thoughts.

Rags to Liches

future skeleton soldier

one band gave us the killer soundtracks to Flash Gordon and Highlander
the other was Rush

I rest my case

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my vote is Rush on the basis of YYZ being loving mental

biosterous

barnold posted:

my vote is Rush on the basis of YYZ being loving mental

:haibrower:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

gosh darn it, that's a tough decision, but I vote Rush.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

The Mighty Moltres posted:

gosh darn it, that's a tough decision, but I vote Rush.

This is why my brain needed to ask this. I also lean to Rush, but I still can't argue they are better or worse. Much like a burrito or a torta, I can't say for sure a torta is better but, I just like them more while enjoying both.

FE: posted this than thought of another good comparison(not as good because food is the root of all goodness) OPM - Heaven is a Halfpipe vs MURS - Transitions as a Ridah

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 20, 2022

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

nesamdoom posted:

This is why my brain needed to ask this. I also lean to Rush, but I still can't argue they are better or worse. Much like a burrito or a torta, I can't say for sure a torta is better but, I just like them more while enjoying both.

As a resident of The Colonialism Island I am legally required to vote for the local band Queen

In my defense they are also a good band :sweatdrop:

I should probably listen to more Rush

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

NumptyScrub posted:

'The Colonialism Island'

I should probably listen to more Rush

What island(SE results for colonialism and island are deeeep)? And there is no harm coming to anyone that listens to more Rush, other than maybe losing track of time. Pretty much pick a Rush album and not have poo poo to do for awhile, sit back, and chill. Same is to be said for Queen(mostly imo, I chill more Pink Floyd than The Doors which is another interesting pair I like very close). Lol, I could hit some Brits with Blur or Oasis... Both dope.

Colonialism Island, as in the island that really taught the world about colonizing some poo poo? Iffen you mean GB, then def agree. Us Yanks seem to just piss off everyone we try to colonize and create endless wars and terrorism. Maybe another reason I dig Rush, the Canucks are chill as gently caress most the time.

I'm prob too drunk to keep posting unless someone hits be wit a few buck on paypal so I can get a 40. have a good night everyone, having entered this discussion already made you amazinger than i knew you were.

free hubcaps

Rush 1000%

Don't get me wrong, Queen are a seminal band, but god I fuckin love Rush.

Neil Peart was an amazing drummer but dude wrote some excellent lyrics also. So many rush songs tell these poignant little speculative fiction stories; someone mentioned analog kid upthread which is one of my favorites of theirs as well and it's kinda a beautiful song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56qyILcZZuY

Im particularly a sucker for their synth era stuff, which I know a lot of fans (and alex lifeson lol) are not as big fans of, but god it just hits a sweet spot. Power Windows is a super underrated album imo. grace under pressure too.

I can kinda understand the people who are turned off by Geddy's singing; there are several quite good rush cover bands with female singers and in some ways I feel like the songs are more palatable to non-rush fans with more traditional high vocals

these guys are great and here they cover another one of my favorite rush tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTmUnoF3fJU

anyways rush kicks butt and I'm just gonna post a bunch of killer rush tracks itt from here on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Dju2i4FZw

free hubcaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xe3It9DFDQ

this song has one of the most epic buildups and transitions of any song ever; skip to the 1:30 mark if you want to get right up near where it shifts

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Popped in kuz Tom Sawyer came on random. Yep, gently caress it, I'm still fully Rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

free hubcaps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xe3It9DFDQ

this song has one of the most epic buildups and transitions of any song ever; skip to the 1:30 mark if you want to get right up near where it shifts

Missed this but am walking home then I can listen kuz the way it started loving with my head is a danger by traffic