Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its current 12% audience rating still feels too high.

Watch Banshee of Inshirin instead and be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Happy New Years Goons.

My condolences for your loss a hell of a way to start off the year. Youre strong friends my thoughts are with you for what its worht

I got drunk and ate a block of cheese the size of a baseball and am lactose intolerant. Pray for me.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'll pray for you and your toilet.

I can't sleep and I'm stone sober. I also definitely did something to my knee but eh.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
on the upside you got cute cats and a clean domiclile and a cool parther!

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jan 1, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Awwww. My lady built a giant New Years bonfire with other folks in Minnesota and gotta say, a little jealous.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
bware incoming midsormer in no circumstances let yourself get a hat full of beees

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

She's deathly allergic to bees so I think I'm safe there but I will be on the look out for bear costumes that aren't costumes.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I was in bed by 10PM, my wife has her ACL surgery Tuesday and I have the next two weeks off to help her recuperate, and I bring this present to the thread

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1609425452506165250?s=20

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My neighbors were shooting off fireworks until 1:30 am last night. I have to run 10 miles or so and I feel like garbage from barely getting any sleep.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My condolences, Abugadu. My dad passed away on New Year's Day 2009 so this day has significant meaning to my sister & me.

It's 2023, goons. Let's discuss the upcoming disaster of the new year in a new thread!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Oh, poo poo, didn't go all the way through.

Condolences Abugadu

Abugadu posted:

So, make sure your PoA isn’t a PoS.
My mother is now the PoA for her older brother, because he got married late in life, his step grandson was a POS, and got PoA after my uncle's wife / step grandson's grandma died, and they have been spending the last half a year working through my uncles finances where they go "So he stole his pension here and they stole his 401k here and they used his credit line without his permission here and here and have to keep calling banks and explaining things and taking him into the NC banks to do notary things because the TX banks are all ???. Lots of fun.

He did enjoy watching Notre Dame win, because that's his alma mater.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Abugadu posted:

My MiL passed away one hour into 2023. Rough stretch of days, but glad we can proceed to the next stage here.

A grim, exhausted New Years from here, but thanks TFF for being my outlet.

i know how it feels, my grandma died less than an hour before 2015

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Abugadu posted:

My MiL passed away one hour into 2023. Rough stretch of days, but glad we can proceed to the next stage here.

A grim, exhausted New Years from here, but thanks TFF for being my outlet.

Sorry to hear that Abugadu, that’s a crappy way to start the year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Happy new year all.

Goondolences Abugadu :(

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Sorry for your loss, Abugadu.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Total side note for the more experienced chocolatiers than I, my kid won a 5 pound turkey made of milk chocolate in a raffle. Fun novelty but I don’t know what the hell we’re actually supposed to do with it since that’s waaaaaay too much cheap milk chocolate for me to eat. Is this something that can be melted down and repurposed, or are we just stuck with it until we eat it or it goes bad?

You could chop it up and use the bits for cookies instead of chocolate chips. Or maybe melt some down, add a dollop of coconut oil and dip fruit in it a la chocolate covered strawberries. Shave some off using a vegetable peeler and put chocolate shavings over ice cream or other desserts. It's not really good for a lot of different baking applications so I would maybe cut the whole turkey up in to large chunks and freeze it. Or just use what you want now and toss the rest once you get sick of cheap milk chocolate.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Gulf Coast goons, if you want a Dong Phuong king cake you might wanna order right frigging meow. I think they're down to one pickup date left.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

GD_American posted:

Gulf Coast goons, if you want a Dong Phuong king cake you might wanna order right frigging meow. I think they're down to one pickup date left.

I want to try one of those someday but not enough to drive to New Orleans for it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm ok driving there to get them. It gives me an excuse to swing by Cochon Butcher for lunch.

The only delivery date left was a Monday (Feb 6th) so I get to take a day off from work to do it, even

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

We have a local donut shop that does a deep fried king cake and it's good enough for me.

I actually make a Dong Phuong dupe recipe for king cake that's very very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hey we have a new year and new thread so I’m closing this one.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020950&perpage=40&noseen=1#post528787930