Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

MOTYC: Bianca Belair vs Alexa Bliss, WWE RAW, 1/2/23.

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Stardom 5Star Grand Prix HMs before the thread closes and I have to actually do work:

Saya Kamitani vs. Starlight Kid, 7/31
Momo Watanabe vs. Saya Kamitani, 8/6
Hazuki vs. Starlight Kid, 8/6

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
NOAH: The New Year 2023 - 1/01
MOTYC: Takashi Sugiura & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji - GHC Tag Team Championships
MOTYC: Kaityo Kiyomiya (c) vs Kenoh - GHC Heavyweight Championship
HM: Great Muta vs Shinsuke Nakamura

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

12/06 | Yuki Yoshioka (C) vs Masaaki Mochizuki for the Open the Dream Gate Title - Dragongate Fantastic Gate Night 4 (4 votes)

12/29 | Utami Hayashishita vs. KAIRI - Stardom Dream Queendom (4 votes)
12/29 | meltear (Tam Nakano & Natsupoi) (C) vs. 7UPP (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu) for the Goddess of Stars Championship - Stardom Dream Queendom (4 votes)
12/29 | Cara Noir vs. Chris Brookes vs. MAO vs. Daiksuke Sasaki - DDT Never Mind (4 votes)
12/29 | Kazusada Higuchi (C) vs. Yuki Ueno for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Never Mind (4 votes)

I know this isn't standard format, but I'm Nthing these (as MOTY) because they ruled and deserve the spot

Also MOTY Shinya Aoki v Chihiro Hashimoto - Wrestle Queendom 12/29

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Never Mind December 29th
MOTYC
Cara Noir vs Chris Brookes vs MAO vs Daiksuke Sasaki
Kazusada Higuchi (c) vs Yuki Ueno - KO-D Openweight Championship

Finally finished this show and wanted to Nth these two matches. First DDT show I've watched and I'm pretty happy going for the Wrestle Universe subscription.

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL
Dec 17, 2019
Hey y’all, idk where I should start but I haven’t watched new Japan since last year in like may, I’m going to watch wrestle kingdom but first I would like a little context for all the current stories. Can anyone recommend a show or two or more to watch today before wrestle kingdom to kinda catch me up. :3:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL posted:

Hey y’all, idk where I should start but I haven’t watched new Japan since last year in like may, I’m going to watch wrestle kingdom but first I would like a little context for all the current stories. Can anyone recommend a show or two or more to watch today before wrestle kingdom to kinda catch me up. :3:

If you're looking for quick story-catchup, the G-1 finals and the Tag League finals will catch you up on most important stories going into WK. Jay White is the champion, Ospreay is the US champion.

The Kenny/Ospreay match has been building over several promotions for the last year but didn't reach a fever-pitch until the press conference 12 hours ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueWAzVxJ0E4

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Battle Autumn is well worth watching, it's got a bunch of great matches and sets up the NJPW World TV Title finals.

The World Tag League Finals isn't quite as good but it's the most recent big show and worthwhile for the main and semi-main if nothing else.

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 3, 2023

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL
Dec 17, 2019
Thanks friends!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

At the top of the hour (5 Eastern) I'll close this thread and get the 2023 thread up. If you have any last minute votes to make, now you know when the last minute will be!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
thank you for your service, j-ru and stat person thanlis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The 2022 MOTY Thread is Dead. Love Live the 2023 MOTY Thread!